For anyone who cares... (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, April 15, 2019, 23:46 (1827 days ago)

If you noticed the forum was down for a couple of hours tonight... yeah, well.

I upgraded the server, and apparently I went too far. Stepped back a couple of notches, and things seem to work again. I really had intended this to happen in the middle of the night on Saturday, when traffic is at its lowest... but some things don't go as planned.

Sorry to anyone inconvenienced. :(

That's it, you're fired!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 03:07 (1827 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I wish I were around enough these days to have noticed… thanks for keeping things running, Claude!

It’s like I’m back on The Apprentice...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 09:37 (1827 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Thanks for keeping the lights on

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 05:11 (1827 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It's much appreciated.

+1

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 17:47 (1826 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

The real question is . . .

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 05:52 (1827 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Does anyone know where I can get some cheap shoes?

No worries, Claude! (:

For anyone who cares...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 08:08 (1827 days ago) @ Claude Errera

If you noticed the forum was down for a couple of hours tonight... yeah, well.

I upgraded the server, and apparently I went too far. Stepped back a couple of notches, and things seem to work again. I really had intended this to happen in the middle of the night on Saturday, when traffic is at its lowest... but some things don't go as planned.

Sorry to anyone inconvenienced. :(

I was mildly inconvenienced. But then again I was probably going to make a shitty post anyway so it might have worked out.

Is that related to

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 19:31 (1826 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Is that related to the caldav for the FTB no longer working for me or is it just a coincidence?

But also, yah. Thanks for keeping this place going.

Is that related to

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 00:34 (1826 days ago) @ Vortech

Is that related to the caldav for the FTB no longer working for me or is it just a coincidence?

Quite possibly; I have no clue (I didn't set it up, I don't even know where to look to find out if it's broken) - but if you let me know what you're seeing, what you SHOULD be seeing, and how those are different, I can see if I can figure out if it's fixable.

But also, yah. Thanks for keeping this place going.

Heh. Sort of. :)

I emailed Claude

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 13:44 (1826 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I'm 100% short on time these days (we just had our first baby!), but I also noticed that the FTB calendar subscription is busted. I checked the errors and sent a note to Claude so that he can check it out.

I emailed Claude

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 13:52 (1826 days ago) @ Beorn

I'm 100% short on time these days (we just had our first baby!), but I also noticed that the FTB calendar subscription is busted. I checked the errors and sent a note to Claude so that he can check it out.

How dare you produce offspring instead of servicing our needs 24/7! Shame on you sir!

The needs of the many…?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 14:43 (1825 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Claude was unsuccessful

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 16:36 (1825 days ago) @ Beorn

I checked it out. I was able to make the error message go away... but I didn't fix the problem. :(

For anyone who cares...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 15:37 (1825 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I was in the hospital again, so I missed it...but we do appreciate the home you create and maintain for us!

(There was going to be some joke about Converse shoes, but my brain is in Off Mode this week)

For anyone who cares...

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, April 18, 2019, 07:10 (1825 days ago) @ Morpheus

Hope you ok bud.

Take care mate

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, April 18, 2019, 07:33 (1825 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Jiminy. Hope you're okay!

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, April 18, 2019, 11:55 (1825 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Same

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, April 18, 2019, 13:34 (1825 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Hope you're better or getting there.

I'm still trying to figure out how Converse shoes come in.

Same

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, April 18, 2019, 18:49 (1824 days ago) @ stabbim

There's been some overnight spam on the forums a few times recently, all posts about getting cheap ass Converse.

Same

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, April 18, 2019, 22:49 (1824 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Ah. I hadn't seen that brand yet.

Eh, It's Been Rough.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, April 18, 2019, 20:24 (1824 days ago) @ Morpheus

My doctor(one of them anyway) says I'm up to 35%--which is obviously better, but still very low. What's really hit so hard this month is that my recovery has been almost completely halted by allergy season. What used to be an annoying bout of inconvenience is now a compound of conditions that have me fighting for each day. It's horrible! Recent lab work says my white blood cell count is high, and my body is either a) attempting to fight off some viral infection or b) has already fought it off and is now triaging the situation. Either way, the antibiotics they gave me is helping, but the side effects are hell. Breathing in takes effort, my stomach flaps like a plastic bag held down by its handles, my left ankle swells up like the Nutty Professor, I cough so hard I get muscle cramps, and my circadian rhythm is absolutely wrecked.

Possibly related, I found out my left eye is turning on its own, and I'll have to wear glasses to(hopefully) correct it. I don't mind that much, but it looks like that terribly creepy scene in The Cloverfield Paradox right before the Russian guy explodes. But hey! I managed to survive to this birthday; best I can do is keep fighting for the next. ;-)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread