Okay, so... (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, April 18, 2019, 12:44 (1807 days ago)

A bunch of us have been working towards The Recluse (or even Luna's Howl) - Speed got his last week, and a couple more of us are within a few hundred points (or less) of the goal.

But right now (and for the next 3 weeks), the Revelry allows all sorts of shenanigans in Comp, and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth attempting to finish up now... or just hold off and wait out the 3 weeks. (Waiting out the 3 weeks means reducing the time to finish all of the tasks - INCLUDING reaching Fabled - to a little less than a month, total - plenty of time, but tighter than what we have right now.)

There have been a few suggestions:

- Run as a team of ArcStriding Hunters, and spam grenades (Skip or Arcbolt) all day.
- Run as a team of suppression-grenade-wielding Titans; if they can't throw grenades, they can't spam grenades!
- Warlocks with infinite Arc-soul rifts
- Titans with infinite shoulder-charge

I mean... all of the things that make the other team have an advantage also make YOU have an advantage, right?

I can't decide whether the risk is worth taking. What do other people think?

(I'm currently 340 points away from Fabled, with no existing win streak. That's 5 straight wins, minimum.)

Okay, so...

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, April 18, 2019, 12:53 (1807 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Waiting 3 weeks means taking a ~180 drop in your Glory rank for not playing. I'd say you should play at least 3 matches per week during the revelry (spamming grenades), and you might even get some wins.
(I'm 750 away myself and still need 100 solar kills and then 150 precision HC kills)

Okay, so...

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, April 18, 2019, 12:57 (1807 days ago) @ Chappy

Waiting 3 weeks means taking a ~180 drop in your Glory rank for not playing. I'd say you should play at least 3 matches per week during the revelry (spamming grenades), and you might even get some wins.

Only Legend-level people take a hit by not playing (unless I missed something); at my current level (Heroic III), there are no bonuses at rollover if I don't play, but there are no losses either.

It's quite possible I missed something, though. :) If you've got a link to the decay data for sub-Legend players, I'd love to read about it!

Okay, so...

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, April 18, 2019, 13:02 (1807 days ago) @ Claude Errera

You are correct. I just checked, I’m still at 1998, and I haven’t played in weeks.

What’s involved with getting the buff? I’d be down for trying to get some Comp in, provided I don’t have to spend more than an evening getting whatever I need to apply the buff.

Okay, so...

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, April 18, 2019, 13:11 (1807 days ago) @ cheapLEY

You are correct. I just checked, I’m still at 1998, and I haven’t played in weeks.

What’s involved with getting the buff? I’d be down for trying to get some Comp in, provided I don’t have to spend more than an evening getting whatever I need to apply the buff.

You get some of the buff-juice by default in the Revelry, but I've found that forest runs are pretty lucrative for it. I'm nowhere near where others working for the Crucible weapons are, but I'm game to get some comp in, as well.

To Claude's earlier inquiry, I think the only way to really succeed at this point is one of the approaches that were listed. You basically have to use a game-breaking build to win. I plan to try Getaway Artist tonight, as the constant stream of tracking rounds coming from Sentient Arc Soul was pretty hard to beat during Arc Week. Hopefully it's sufficiently potent now, too. But I will say, Nevin and I both attempted to run Armamentarium and Suppressor grenades last night, and the person on the other team running Shinobu's still cleaned up.

Okay, so...

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, April 18, 2019, 14:06 (1806 days ago) @ Malagate

Honestly, that just makes me feel like I’ll just wait for a few weeks, which is probably when I’ll actually really feel like playing Destiny again anyway.

I only need the rank for Recluse, I have the wins already. I’m at like 23% or something on precision hand cannon kills for Luna’s Howl, which I can probably knock out decently quickly when I hit Fabled.

There are other builds...

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, April 18, 2019, 13:55 (1806 days ago) @ Claude Errera

And you said Gemini Jesters weren't good.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread