Revelric Light Orb Generation disabled in several events (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, April 18, 2019, 14:02 (1806 days ago)

Awesome

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, April 18, 2019, 21:40 (1806 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Looks like I"ll be finishing the event with 10 of 11 triumphs completed because there's no way in hell I'm going to manage to generate 128 orbs via precision kills in Crucible. I was really looking forward to making event progress in Gambit, too.

-Disciple

Awesome

by Harmanimus @, Friday, April 19, 2019, 01:50 (1805 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

This evening I said to myself “that emblem is not worth that headache.” I am glad the weapon is only tied up by 7 of the triumphs.

Awesome

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, April 19, 2019, 07:52 (1805 days ago) @ Harmanimus

This evening I said to myself “that emblem is not worth that headache.” I am glad the weapon is only tied up by 7 of the triumphs.

Same. I've already snagged the weapon, so I don't have to worry about that part of it, but it sucks that I'm going to be one triumph short of the whole set just because I couldn't accurately predict which way they were going to screw up this event. If I had seen it coming on Wednesday when the extra orb generation booted us all to orbit during our raid, I probably would have stayed up long enough to get all of the orbs I needed in Gambit. Now I'm just SOL unless this can be cheesed in custom games.

-Disciple

Awesome

by Claude Errera @, Friday, April 19, 2019, 10:38 (1805 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Same. I've already snagged the weapon, so I don't have to worry about that part of it, but it sucks that I'm going to be one triumph short of the whole set just because I couldn't accurately predict which way they were going to screw up this event. If I had seen it coming on Wednesday when the extra orb generation booted us all to orbit during our raid, I probably would have stayed up long enough to get all of the orbs I needed in Gambit. Now I'm just SOL unless this can be cheesed in custom games.

It can't, unfortunately, be cheesed in custom games. (Korny, bluerunner and I tested that last night.)

I still have hope that they'll autocomplete that triumph for everyone; it really does seem unfair to hinge the emblem on one gametype (a gametype that turns out tiny numbers of orbs, especially in light of the other changes the Revelry makes to Quickplay right now). We'll see.

Or, extend the revelry?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, April 19, 2019, 11:25 (1805 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Okay, I’ve got the gun the event can end now.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, April 22, 2019, 11:27 (1802 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Good point, end it early, wrap it up people!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, April 23, 2019, 06:23 (1801 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

Awesome

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, April 19, 2019, 11:32 (1805 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It can't, unfortunately, be cheesed in custom games. (Korny, bluerunner and I tested that last night.)

:(

I still have hope that they'll autocomplete that triumph for everyone; it really does seem unfair to hinge the emblem on one gametype (a gametype that turns out tiny numbers of orbs, especially in light of the other changes the Revelry makes to Quickplay right now). We'll see.

This is pretty much my only hope. I was already thinking it would already be nearly impossible for me to complete this under normal circumstances, but realizing now that 1) I would be competing with the infinite skip grenade spam (which I would otherwise find hilarious), and 2) when you get orbs for precision kills in Crucible (which is already RNG) you only get two instead of the five you get in the Verdant Forest, even if I spent the rest of the event doing nothing but crucible, there's no way I'd complete this (and not just because if I had to play nothing but crucible, I'd end up punting my Xbox down the street by the end of the week).

-Disciple

Oh, FFS

by Claude Errera @, Friday, April 19, 2019, 12:05 (1805 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Eva's got this bounty today:

[image]

I mean... seriously?

Wow

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, April 19, 2019, 12:14 (1805 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Eva's got this bounty today:

[image]

I mean... seriously?

[image]
Well done, Bungle. Well done. :p

-Disciple

Wow

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, April 22, 2019, 09:14 (1802 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k
edited by Chappy, Monday, April 22, 2019, 09:17

It didn't feel too bad, actually. I played 15 rumble matches for the weekly event bounties this week and ended up with 112 orbs. It'll be a bit a grind next week since I won't "need" to do the weekly bounties for armor, but since I've got to do 50 bounties anyway, I'll just play more rumble and be done with it.

Curious...

by Claude Errera @, Monday, April 22, 2019, 14:42 (1802 days ago) @ Chappy

It didn't feel too bad, actually. I played 15 rumble matches for the weekly event bounties this week and ended up with 112 orbs. It'll be a bit a grind next week since I won't "need" to do the weekly bounties for armor, but since I've got to do 50 bounties anyway, I'll just play more rumble and be done with it.

...is there something about Rumble that makes it easier to generate orbs? (I generally do horribly in Rumble, because nobody's watching my back at all. I'm having trouble seeing how that might translate to easier orb generation, but I'm totally willing to be shown wrong. :) )

Curious...

by Harmanimus @, Monday, April 22, 2019, 15:30 (1802 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Probably the same way FFA always works, all you have to do is land the lost shot. If you’re good at FFA you can easily net more precision kills because you are interrupting fights. That would be my guess.

Curious...

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, April 22, 2019, 15:41 (1802 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Yep. Plus there seemed to be less grenade spam in the playlist - there was usually one, but the games seemed to play pretty normal.

PLayed last night...

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Tuesday, April 23, 2019, 06:15 (1801 days ago) @ Chappy

And 2 people with Not Forgotten... I mean seriously what losers. But I was NOT generating any orbs on Head Shots. Is there some trick I am missing? Or is it only Super orbs?

PLayed last night...

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, April 23, 2019, 08:33 (1801 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

You do need to have one of the Revelric Light buffs active for boosted abilities. But if you weren’t generating them, that’s probably just RNG.

Played last night...

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Tuesday, April 23, 2019, 08:38 (1801 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Unfortunately Headshots aren't guaranteed to drop orbs - it's only a chance. I looked at my rumble history and I had 210 kills and 112 orbs. Not all of my kills were precision, so maybe it's ~1 in 4 headshots drop 2 orbs?

One last follow-up

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 00:51 (1801 days ago) @ Chappy

I played more tonight (only 32 more orbs to go), and I think the event armor plays a role - I wasn't wearing it initially and the orbs weren't dropping. After a game and a half with no progress, I put on 4 pieces and the orbs started to drop.

One last follow-up

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 07:47 (1800 days ago) @ Chappy

I played more tonight (only 32 more orbs to go), and I think the event armor plays a role - I wasn't wearing it initially and the orbs weren't dropping. After a game and a half with no progress, I put on 4 pieces and the orbs started to drop.

According to all the readable stuff, armor only increases the bonus of the tonic effect. I did notice while playing in the forrest that I was getting betwen 2-4 orbs from shots. That could be based on type of bad guy, so maybe if you are on a spree you can get more orbs?

PLayed last night...

by squidnh3, Tuesday, April 23, 2019, 08:39 (1801 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy
edited by squidnh3, Tuesday, April 23, 2019, 08:43

I got 42 orbs in about 5-6 games last night (and my team got mercied in the first 3). I was running Nightstalker/Wormhusk/Recluse with a class ability buff, so I was always invisible. I think most of my orbs were from double kills with the Masterworked Recluse. So in other words, I was being an awful person. It was working though, so now that Triumph seems reachable.

I did record the last 5 minutes of one of the games so I can check the film.

Revelric Light Orb Generation disabled in several events

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Sunday, April 21, 2019, 06:18 (1803 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I've been off the grid for a while, so I've missed the Revelry and Arc week. But, it seems like you can learn to count on recent Bungie activities:

Release 1 update that...
Breaks 2 things, allowing us to...
Exploit 3 things, requiring them to...
Disable 4 things, that ruins...
At least 5 activities, that takes...
At least 6 days to patch.
Followed by 7 Tweets of excuses

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread