The Prophet's Journey (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, April 29, 2019, 13:06 (1815 days ago)

A little bit after Forsaken came out, I noticed more and more people showing up online with titles in their name--virtually everyone I saw was either labeled as Dredgen or Wayfarer--to the point of where I honestly thought those were the only two choices.

Upon purchasing Forsaken and learning what those titles actually meant, I decided not to go with either of those and thought to myself: "Which title fits me the most?"

Well, since I like to read stories and occasionally tell them, the best choice would be Chronicler. I set out with this new objective and a confident attitude to tackle the challenges needed for it!

...boy, did I open up a can of worms.

Not only are four of the 10 steps RNG based, but they also require earning two exotic weapons and completing the Last Wish raid, which I've never even touched.

This may be walking hell on Earth, but I'm committed to becoming The Most Kickass Scholar in the Solar System!

I've already got three books completed; need some help obviously, but that's what our friends at DBO are here for!! Wish me luck, fellas.

The Prophet's Journey

by squidnh3, Monday, April 29, 2019, 13:13 (1815 days ago) @ Morpheus

How does Truth to Power work if you miss a Mara/throne visit? Can you catch up? I've made sure to do it every 3 weeks, but I imagine you missed a few if you didn't have Forsaken right off the bat. I think it's still ongoing too - I got a new entry this week.

The Prophet's Journey

by Claude Errera @, Monday, April 29, 2019, 15:59 (1815 days ago) @ squidnh3

How does Truth to Power work if you miss a Mara/throne visit? Can you catch up? I've made sure to do it every 3 weeks, but I imagine you missed a few if you didn't have Forsaken right off the bat. I think it's still ongoing too - I got a new entry this week.

Yes, it's sequential, with the possibility of one piece every 3 weeks. If you ran Last Wish really early, there was a chance to earn the first piece there, before the first throne visit, which would mean (if you hadn't missed any visits) that you'd be done this week. (There was a way to cheese extras for a little while, but it required shenanigans around reset, and I'm pretty sure they've closed the hole by now.)

Most of us (who haven't missed a week) will be finishing the book during the week starting Tuesday, May 14. Any missing ones will add 3-week increments to that; the final day to claim the title is August 30, which gives you 5 shots after the next one. (That is: if you have fewer than 5 entries in the Truth to Power book after reset tomorrow morning, you are mathematically blocked from finishing this lore book.)

How Nice Of Them.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, April 29, 2019, 17:09 (1815 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

The Prophet's Journey

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 06:46 (1815 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Most of us (who haven't missed a week) will be finishing the book during the week starting Tuesday, May 14. Any missing ones will add 3-week increments to that; the final day to claim the title is August 30, which gives you 5 shots after the next one. (That is: if you have fewer than 5 entries in the Truth to Power book after reset tomorrow morning, you are mathematically blocked from finishing this lore book.)

I know there's a deadline for eligibility to purchase the physical pin, but what would prevent someone from earning the seal in-game after August? I would expect anyone could start at any time, and as long as they complete the bounty 11 times (once every 3 weeks) they'd earn the seal.

The Prophet's Journey

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 09:46 (1815 days ago) @ Chappy

I know there's a deadline for eligibility to purchase the physical pin, but what would prevent someone from earning the seal in-game after August? I would expect anyone could start at any time, and as long as they complete the bounty 11 times (once every 3 weeks) they'd earn the seal.

Ah. You're right, my bad. There's no reason why you wouldn't be able to earn the seal after August 30 (that I know of).

Well In That Case...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 18:56 (1814 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The hunt is back on!

Now, if only I knew what the hell anybody was talking about....sounds like it needs to be done in The Dreaming City. To be honest, I've been somewhat lax with exploring everything; I've mostly focused on the Tangled Shore. I guess a little spoilage would be necessary to find the events I need!

Short, Non-spoiler answer

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, May 01, 2019, 07:35 (1814 days ago) @ Morpheus

Now, if only I knew what the hell anybody was talking about....sounds like it needs to be done in The Dreaming City.

Just do the weekly bounties in the dreaming city and you'll figure it out. :)

Progress Being Made

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, May 04, 2019, 20:44 (1810 days ago) @ Morpheus

Alright, I just finished my 5th book! I'm closest(so far) to finishing The Dreaming City. I'm anticipating 4-digit blood pressure for the Gambit one, and I heard there was also one in terms of beating a Raid--that one I'll obviously need help with.

But I've reached the halfway point, and am currently taking a short break by re-collecting all the missable items in South Park: Stick of Truth for the final achievement.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread