Fun Last Night (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 09:36 (1794 days ago)

I managed to solo-flawless Shattered Throne Last night using Nightstalker with the revelry class buff for always-invis. Here's the last 5 minutes, including the Taken Blaster Wall (which I seem to have done recklessly fast, but I had failed there on the previous run going slow):

I followed it up with a few games of Iron Banner with some DBOers. Here's the last 2 minutes of a close game that I ended my night on. I start off getting murdered by multiple supers, but then provide support for a critical capture, and get a couple of key kills at the end with Arbalest and Recluse (one of my new favorite combos):

Nice!

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 09:59 (1794 days ago) @ squidnh3

I managed to solo-flawless Shattered Throne Last night using Nightstalker with the revelry class buff for always-invis. Here's the last 5 minutes, including the Taken Blaster Wall (which I seem to have done recklessly fast, but I had failed there on the previous run going slow):

Yeah, I'm amazed you didn't stop to catch your breath on the first platform. Worked out for you... but geez, made my heart race. ;)

I followed it up with a few games of Iron Banner with some DBOers. Here's the last 2 minutes of a close game that I ended my night on. I start off getting murdered by multiple supers, but then provide support for a critical capture, and get a couple of key kills at the end with Arbalest and Recluse (one of my new favorite combos):

I loved seeing that completely useless Sentinel Shield super from 3rd person. ;) (Honestly, though, I'm jealous of your ability to use that Arbalest so cleanly.)

Congrats! That was fun to watch.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 10:02 (1794 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Awesome! My run was shrouded in sadness

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 14:36 (1794 days ago) @ squidnh3
edited by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 15:00

I'm happy you were successful!

Alas, this was my final boss encounter (It's okay to laugh):

I thought the top of the Truth and Reconciliation grav lift was hard.

Vorgeth and Dûl Incaru were pretty trivial comparatively. I used Sleeper instead of Whisper because I'm not consistent enough with headshots. Video if you're interested.

I'm crying for you.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 15:34 (1794 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I thought I could run it flawless on a Sentinel titan.

I fell off the very first bridge after the opening door.

I'm crying for you.

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 15:59 (1794 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I thought I could run it flawless on a Sentinel titan.

I fell off the very first bridge after the opening door.

LOL. They really need a restart button for this dungeon. Being forced to finish it after that failure is disheartening.

That's Brutal

by squidnh3, Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 16:07 (1794 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I was very worried about fall damage deaths, as I've had some really embarrassing deaths in raids before from a 10 ft drop before.

Is it weird that I finished this challenge before completing the Sleeper quest? Whisper was my only option for the final boss, I used Hammerhead for Vorgeth (in a previous run I got killed by the orbs after killing Vorgeth, so I decided just to destroy then rather than continuously dodging).

I laughed, but in a sympathetic “I know your pain” way <3

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 16:26 (1794 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Fantastic! Well done :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 16:27 (1794 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread