New exotic weapon quest (Destiny)

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Tuesday, May 07, 2019, 13:24 (1805 days ago)

I don't know the details, but apparently there's a new exotic quest as of today. Good luck, guardians!

Reddit Thread Link

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, May 07, 2019, 13:29 (1805 days ago) @ Chappy

Fallen Transponder Quest

I'm jumping into this as soon as I get home! Will probably bash my head against the last mission solo for a while before I cave and ask for help :p

-Disciple

Reddit Thread Link

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, May 07, 2019, 13:49 (1805 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I'm not afraid to ask for help right now, before I even begin

Reddit Thread Link

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, May 07, 2019, 19:24 (1805 days ago) @ CougRon

I'm not afraid to ask for help right now, before I even begin

Yeah, soloing this totally isn't happening. It might be doable if it wasn't timed, but by the time I get through the fighting half to the crazy jumping half, I've only got about four minutes left. If anyone on Xbox makes a run at this tonight and wants some backup, I'll be on.

-Disciple

New exotic weapon quest

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, May 07, 2019, 13:58 (1805 days ago) @ Chappy

I don't know the details, but apparently there's a new exotic quest as of today. Good luck, guardians!

Well, if you're on PC or PS4. If you're on Xbox, you don't even have access to Destiny yet! :)

New exotic weapon quest

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, May 07, 2019, 14:06 (1805 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Well, if you're on PC or PS4. If you're on Xbox, you don't even have access to Destiny yet! :)

Finally, Xbox has its own exclusive! Bonus Maintenance time!

It's not a big loss. It's just Outbreak Prime, the mouth breather's Graviton Lance. :v

So.....

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, May 08, 2019, 09:00 (1805 days ago) @ Chappy

is Siva back then? I remember an early magazine article talking about SIVA on Nessus. With season of Opulence looking to be on the world eater, perhaps it's playing into it?

Also I would do this before or after the raid tonight.

So.....

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, May 08, 2019, 11:35 (1804 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I'll be on from about 4:30 Central until raid time. If you see me online, I'll probably be running the mission solo just to get a feel for the encounters and the jumping sections so I'll (hopefully) be less of a liability when I run with a full team. They're definitely not serious attempts, though, so feel free to shoot me an invite or just drop in.

I'm also totally willing to stay up late and screw up my sleep schedule to make more attempts after the raid, too.

-Disciple

So.....

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, May 08, 2019, 13:22 (1804 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k
edited by Chappy, Wednesday, May 08, 2019, 13:40

I'm also totally willing to stay up late and screw up my sleep schedule to make more attempts after the raid, too.

I've got a hard stop at midnight EST tonight (gotta get those nightfall speed runs done), but I'll be around for an hour before and after the raid if you guys want a somewhat experienced 3rd.

-Chappy

This whole thing is awesome

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, May 08, 2019, 12:23 (1804 days ago) @ Chappy

For me, missions/quests like this are the highlight of D2. I love the way it just appeared out of nowhere. The mission is fantastic, and the reward is an absolute BEAST. I also love how the catalyst is tied into the heroic version of the mission (just like the Whisper mission), only this time, the heroic version is a different animal than the normal mission.

I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I’d happily give up all the “seasons”, limited time events, and seasonal refreshes in place of a new quest/mission like this every 3 months or so. When Whisper of the Worm appeared last year, it did more to get me and everyone on my friends list excited and playing together day after day, week after week, than Gambit Prime or the Forges ever could. And that’s not a knock against any of that stuff... for me, the Outbreak and Whisper quests are just on a different level. They’re probably more comparable to Shattered Throne than anything else (slightly smaller scale, obviously).

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, May 08, 2019, 13:00 (1804 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I will be on tonight though not till late. So far I’ve collected some of the parts and have not unlocked the mission itself. Looking forward to doing this with others. Looks to me like a refined version of the Whisper quest with some of the rougher edges fixed up but haven’t experienced it to be sure.

Got it!

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Saturday, May 11, 2019, 00:02 (1802 days ago) @ CougRon

Thanks Nevis and blue for the help

Got it!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, May 11, 2019, 09:13 (1802 days ago) @ CougRon

Thanks Nevis and blue for the help

Any time! It was lots of fun :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, May 08, 2019, 13:20 (1804 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

For me, missions/quests like this are the highlight of D2. I love the way it just appeared out of nowhere. The mission is fantastic, and the reward is an absolute BEAST. I also love how the catalyst is tied into the heroic version of the mission (just like the Whisper mission), only this time, the heroic version is a different animal than the normal mission.

I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I’d happily give up all the “seasons”, limited time events, and seasonal refreshes in place of a new quest/mission like this every 3 months or so. When Whisper of the Worm appeared last year, it did more to get me and everyone on my friends list excited and playing together day after day, week after week, than Gambit Prime or the Forges ever could. And that’s not a knock against any of that stuff... for me, the Outbreak and Whisper quests are just on a different level. They’re probably more comparable to Shattered Throne than anything else (slightly smaller scale, obviously

I can’t tell if we’re in the minority or not anymore. A big chunk of the community always asks for more updates and events and content... but I’m not sure the necessary trade offs, like smaller simpler missions with no voiced dialogue, are satisfying them. And so they demand more louder...I mean, is there anybody anywhere who thinks Destiny is as good as it could be?

If all these seasons had been was the Gambit quests and this one I’d be happy. Maybe happier. Destiny (and many other games these days) seem to think it’s their right to be my only game. I’d prefer a game that gave me a chunk of good content and then left me alone for as long as it takes to produce more good content. Keep the other missions for if I want to replay them, many of us Halo people replayed Assault on the Control Room a ton, but stop serving up tiny bites of mediocre content just to keep people playing. Maybe do a final transition event for the next game (like something to lead you from Destiny 2 to Destiny 3) but other than that, cut out the new feature each week stuff.

Warmind was closer to what I’d want, but really just give me a Forsaken once a year.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 08, 2019, 14:29 (1804 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The new content every week missions (the stuff with Mara and Invitations of the Nine) are neat, but they’re also not really what I want. The first time I missed a weekend for Invitations of the Nine, and I fell “behind” was enough for me to write the only thing off. That’s silly, I know, but it is what it is.

I’m with you. The game seemingly wants me to never stop playing.

I don’t know what the answer is. There are plenty of people that do only want to play Destiny, and it makes sense for Bungie to cater to those people. I’m more and more convinced that in a game like this, there is no good middle ground. You’re either all the way in or not.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 09, 2019, 12:21 (1803 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Destiny (and many other games these days) seem to think it’s their right to be my only game. I’d prefer a game that gave me a chunk of good content and then left me alone for as long as it takes to produce more good content.

The problem with having spikes of content is that it leads to spikes in population. That makes it pretty rough on people who can't schedule their life around the spikes. if the time you can play are the times everyone else is moved on to other games it's a much worse game. Its the problem with a MMO. (Still better in that respect than ARGs, though).

by Harmanimus @, Saturday, May 11, 2019, 12:54 (1801 days ago) @ Vortech

This is one of my biggest things. Any content that spikes means I usually have a group. But if my group isn’t super into it I’m running solo on days I fee like playing Destiny. I actually really like the weekly-ish release schedule because it means I can hop on and do a thing or two throughout the week and feel fulfilled, but can invest the rest of my time in other games or endeavors.

My only problem is that you can’t catch up. Like. At week 5 of the Xur Bounties I should be allowed to do all 5. Or the Queen stuff I should be able to at least catch up on the Lore if I’m running 3 characters.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 08, 2019, 14:22 (1804 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I’m with you.

I haven’t seen any of it, but you saying that is enough that I’m going to log on and play Destiny tonight.

Keep in mind that the mission is 690 Light.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, May 08, 2019, 14:32 (1804 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Thanks.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 08, 2019, 15:55 (1804 days ago) @ Korny

My point is being proven. I’ll just go fuck myself instead. Thanks Bungie!

What light level are you now?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, May 08, 2019, 16:41 (1804 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Mid 670s, I think.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 08, 2019, 16:57 (1804 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I did a Nightfall with Kermit on Monday and got a 680 drop.

I could feasibly get pretty close pretty quickly. I just resent having to even think about. I might not bother.

Just watched your stream.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 08, 2019, 18:57 (1804 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Mission looks really cool.

It looks like its more fun than the Whisper mission, but it doesn't even come close in terms of art or atmosphere. Neat to see the Tower and the Wall explored, though.

I'll bug you to run this at some point in the future. As cool as it looks, I'm not about to get back into the grind to run it right now. Maybe once I jump back in next season, I'll find time to go back and do it.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, May 09, 2019, 06:34 (1804 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It looks like its more fun than the Whisper mission, but it doesn't even come close in terms of art or atmosphere. Neat to see the Tower and the Wall explored, though.

I'll bug you to run this at some point in the future. As cool as it looks, I'm not about to get back into the grind to run it right now. Maybe once I jump back in next season, I'll find time to go back and do it.

It's totally doable at 680. Especially if you have team mates that are higher.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, May 09, 2019, 09:06 (1804 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

It's totally doable at 680. Especially if you have team mates that are higher.

Heh - I'm proof that light level is less important than, say, the ability to navigate jumping puzzles. :)

Xenos and Speed made it to the boss almost a minute before me. (I'd argue that 680 is way better than '3rd person isn't here yet'.) We still finished.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, May 09, 2019, 10:39 (1804 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Well thanks for the info.

I can just barely hit 680 with some shit weapons. Maybe I can do some infusion for a better load out.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, May 09, 2019, 11:56 (1803 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Well thanks for the info.

I can just barely hit 680 with some shit weapons. Maybe I can do some infusion for a better load out.

I've yet to finish the normal version, but I've probably gotten about 2/3 the way through, so if you need someone I'm going to be trying tonight around 10 CST. I'm also available most of the weekend if you want to give it a try then!

Also keep in mind

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, May 09, 2019, 12:01 (1803 days ago) @ cheapLEY

There are more Powerful Gear drops available per weekly reset than at any other time in Destiny 2.

Granted, if you don't want to spend the time playing, that doesn't help you, BUT... it's definitely easier than ever to get your power level up.

Get started anyway

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 09, 2019, 12:18 (1803 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Given how it starts I'm not sure you'll be able to start the quest all the time. Even if you want to save the hard part till later I'd get started this week.

Get started anyway

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, May 09, 2019, 14:18 (1803 days ago) @ Vortech

I just did. I’m up to the mission.

I had to do The Enemy of my Enemy quest line to unlock the door. I just hadn’t done it on my Hunter yet.

I'm in the same boat

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, May 09, 2019, 12:16 (1803 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Except worse. 667 max. I tried it last night and I'm getting one-shot immediately when I came around the corner. I don't know how much time it would take for me to level up, but I hate playing alone and the PS4 player base had dropped to the point that 90% of the time I can play I don't see people I played with on.

My favorite thing about Destiny is how social it is, but it's also the biggest impediment to me being able to play it.

I'm in the same boat

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, May 10, 2019, 07:53 (1803 days ago) @ Vortech

Except worse. 667 max. I tried it last night and I'm getting one-shot immediately when I came around the corner. I don't know how much time it would take for me to level up, but I hate playing alone and the PS4 player base had dropped to the point that 90% of the time I can play I don't see people I played with on.

I hop on every once in a while. I'm going through the Forge missions right now between Crucible matches, and I've been able to hit 666 (Up from 650s) in the past week alone, so it's an easier climb than before.

My favorite thing about Destiny is how social it is, but it's also the biggest impediment to me being able to play it.

The barrage of different quests and bounties is annoying, especially since half of the stuff is pointless filler grind that blocks you from powerful rewards, which is why I've been so far behind. But fortunately, there's a lot of weekly drop content now. If you hop on and see me on, shoot me an invite, and we'll run through some stuff.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread