Questions for Comp Players/Luna Owners (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 12:59 (1773 days ago)

1) How far is the climb from here
[image]
to Fabled? It looks like a sub-rank and a half wouldn't be too far, but how far is it really? I basically got this far by accident while completing the Thorn quest and the latest Invitation of the Nine. I've pretty much given up any hope (or desire) to get Luna's Howl, but if I'm reasonably close, it might be worth going for.

2) I vaguely remember something along the lines of reaching Fabled while working on the quest chain will complete that step for you when you reach it, but does that span across seasons? If I reach Fabled this season, but don't get my remaining 142 solar kills in comp plus whatever the next two steps are in the next two weeks, will I still have to make the climb later on?

-Disciple

Questions for Comp Players/Luna Owners

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 13:58 (1773 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

1) How far is the climb from here
[image]
to Fabled? It looks like a sub-rank and a half wouldn't be too far, but how far is it really? I basically got this far by accident while completing the Thorn quest and the latest Invitation of the Nine. I've pretty much given up any hope (or desire) to get Luna's Howl, but if I'm reasonably close, it might be worth going for.

Fabled is 2100 points. You’re at 1346 right now. In a vacuum you’re over half way there (obviously) but the tough thing to quantify is the tendency for your opposition to get tougher as you climb higher in rank. I typically have more trouble getting from ~1700 - 2100 than from 0 - 1700. But some of that is luck. It’s also important to keep in mind that if you manage to get a win-streak going, you can make it to 2100 real fast. At a 5-win streak, you’re getting 120 points per win, if I remember correctly.

So it really comes down to your win rate. If you’re hovering around 50/50, you will make progress, but quite slowly. On the flip side, if you jump in with a good squad and go on a bit of a streak, you could reach fabled in an evening.

2) I vaguely remember something along the lines of reaching Fabled while working on the quest chain will complete that step for you when you reach it, but does that span across seasons? If I reach Fabled this season, but don't get my remaining 142 solar kills in comp plus whatever the next two steps are in the next two weeks, will I still have to make the climb later on?

-Disciple

My understanding is that you need to reach fabled within the same season that you completed the rest of the triumph. So if you hit fabled now, but don’t finish the other requirements until next season, then you will need to climb back up to fabled again.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 14:18 (1773 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I typically have more trouble getting from ~1700 - 2100 than from 0 - 1700. But some of that is luck. It’s also important to keep in mind that if you manage to get a win-streak going, you can make it to 2100 real fast. At a 5-win streak, you’re getting 120 points per win, if I remember correctly.

This is kind of what I was afraid of. I finished the comp part of the Invitation of the Nine with a three win streak, so I might at least have a bit of a head start

My understanding is that you need to reach fabled within the same season that you completed the rest of the triumph. So if you hit fabled now, but don’t finish the other requirements until next season, then you will need to climb back up to fabled again.

OK, that's kind of what I expected. I'm definitely not completing the rest of this thing in the next two weeks, so I won't worry about making the climb until I reach that last step.

Thanks!

-Disciple

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 14:01 (1773 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

It really depends. If you have a good team, it could be done in a long evening with some good win streaks. It could be a slog, though, if you don’t get any good win streaks. I made it from 1400 to 2000 really quickly, mostly in a single night (although I did stay up several hours longer than I intended that might).

As for the second part, you need to do it all in one season. The Reach Fabled step is the only one that doesn’t carry over to a new season. If you hit Fabled now, but don’t get to that step before the season ends, you’ll have to make the climb next season to finish the quest.

That said, if you’re seriously considering, I can make a few nights to go in with you. I’m close enough to Fabled that I’ll feel real dumb next season if I don’t try to get it before the season is over. Maybe we’ll be able to talk Cruel to putting his backpack on.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 14:23 (1773 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It really depends. If you have a good team, it could be done in a long evening with some good win streaks. It could be a slog, though, if you don’t get any good win streaks. I made it from 1400 to 2000 really quickly, mostly in a single night (although I did stay up several hours longer than I intended that might).

As for the second part, you need to do it all in one season. The Reach Fabled step is the only one that doesn’t carry over to a new season. If you hit Fabled now, but don’t get to that step before the season ends, you’ll have to make the climb next season to finish the quest.

That said, if you’re seriously considering, I can make a few nights to go in with you. I’m close enough to Fabled that I’ll feel real dumb next season if I don’t try to get it before the season is over. Maybe we’ll be able to talk Cruel to putting his backpack on.

I'm definitely not getting Luna's this season, but if Recluse only requires Fabled as well, that might be worth the effort. I can make pretty much any night but Wednesdays and Thursdays work, and could probably be on late Saturday morning or any time Sunday morning.

-Disciple

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 15:24 (1773 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Recluse is that boy hit Fabled and win a certain number of Comp matches. I can’t imagine you’d do the former without also doing the latter.

If you want to give it a go, I’ll play with you, but I’m also not super worried about it either. I can do basically any evening. Mornings don’t work especially well, but I can probably make a couple of hours on Sunday morning work alright.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 12:54 (1772 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Recluse is that boy hit Fabled and win a certain number of Comp matches. I can’t imagine you’d do the former without also doing the latter.

If you want to give it a go, I’ll play with you, but I’m also not super worried about it either. I can do basically any evening. Mornings don’t work especially well, but I can probably make a couple of hours on Sunday morning work alright.

Rock on! May as well give it a go since we're so close.

-Disciple

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 01:50 (1772 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

For me it was 40% of the total time. Progression was fairly linear.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread