Hearing random whispers in the game . . . (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, June 01, 2019, 21:31 (1783 days ago)

I came across a thread on reddit just now, with this video linked. Is this really a thing, and if so . . . what the actual hell?

Video is here, owner disabled embedding.

Hearing random whispers in the game . . .

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, June 02, 2019, 00:12 (1782 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Ragashingo, Sunday, June 02, 2019, 00:22

The sound / sounds are really a thing. They've been there since Destiny 2. I quickly recorded one in the Cabal base in the EDZ:

But, it's a repeating sound. It happens again and again about once every 10 seconds. I hear words in the sound too, but I think it's just one of those Mind Tricks... kinda like what happens when you put English words to Duel of the Fates:

Ultimately, I think it's just an odd, kinda creepy, environmental sound that plays in Cabal areas...

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, June 02, 2019, 10:47 (1782 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Huh.

Well that's neat. It's definitely a cool effect. It'd be really great to see them use it for something.

LOL, that second video is amazing

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, June 03, 2019, 18:05 (1781 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I'd never seen that before. Some of words are questionable, but most of it is spot on. Hilarious - thanks!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Sunday, June 02, 2019, 07:57 (1782 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Sure it's not a stuck Roomba?

Rap... tap... tap...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, June 02, 2019, 11:45 (1782 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Damn it, Korny

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, June 03, 2019, 03:09 (1781 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread