Destiny 2 - 2.5.0.1 Release Notes (Destiny)

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 08:54 (1781 days ago)

Datamined patch notes *SP*

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 09:37 (1781 days ago) @ CougRon

One of these days, Alice.
Dang it am I tired of fighting Hive, but I guess we do have to get around to dealing with Oryx's sisters.
Here's hoping they do something crazy and new though, as this expansion is getting a physical collector's set.

[image]

OMG SPOILERS!!! SOME PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO KNOW YET

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 09:39 (1781 days ago) @ Korny
edited by MacAddictXIV, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 09:43

Thankfully an admin removed the spoilers in your subject. Thank you Admins.

We have gone over this sooooo many times. Not everyone wants to know everything. And flashing it all over your subject line isn't helping anyone. Please keep it in the Message and add a spoiler tag to the subject!

This is also silly.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 11:04 (1781 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Sorry, I really don’t mean to be combative. But you’re complaining that he spoiled . . . an in-game splash screen and some potential advertising.

I’m all down for letting people enjoy things as they wish and not spoiling things, but this seems a little extreme.

This is also silly.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 11:22 (1781 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by MacAddictXIV, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 11:31

Sorry, I really don’t mean to be combative. But you’re complaining that he spoiled . . . an in-game splash screen and some potential advertising.

I’m all down for letting people enjoy things as they wish and not spoiling things, but this seems a little extreme.

I didn't know that. It literally says on his subject that it's datamined and he posted it before the update was even live. Both kinda imply it's things I'm not supposed to see yet.

Even so, there are people who don't want to know about new content until they can experience it. I'm one of those people. I work like most of America and don't want to learn about this stuff within minutes of it released. I mean, is it honestly so hard to either put a better subject line on it, a spoiler tag, or just wait a day?

There are many people who are a part of this community, just think of other people.

This is also silly.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 11:33 (1781 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I didn't know that. He said it was datamined information in the subject line. That implies things that people aren't supposed to know. Also he posted it before the update was even live. Both things imply that it's things I'm not supposed to see yet.

Even so, there are people who don't want to know about new content until they can experience it. I'm one of those people. I work like most of America and don't want to learn about this stuff within minutes of it released. I mean, is it honestly so hard to either put a better subject line on it, a spoiler tag, or just wait a day?

There are many people who are a part of this community, just think of other people.

This is for the next big expansion. You’ll see the splash screen presumably after Bungie’s stream on Thursday. It’s not really spoiling anything you won’t know about long before playing it anyway.

Again, I’m not one for willfully spoiling anything, but there has to be line somewhere. I draw that line at advertising. If it’s advertising material it’s not a spoiler and doesn’t need to be marked as such.

The fact that this is before the advertising is officially out there makes it grey, I guess, maybe, but not really, because you’re going to see it on Thursday anyway. And spoiling Bungie’s reveal isn’t really a spoiler in my book.

I didn’t see his original subject, so can’t comment. I can agree that just hiding stuff in the message is a better way to approach things. But I also stand by the fact that it isn’t really a spoiler so it’s a non-issue.

This is also silly.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 11:50 (1781 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I didn't know that. He said it was datamined information in the subject line. That implies things that people aren't supposed to know. Also he posted it before the update was even live. Both things imply that it's things I'm not supposed to see yet.

This is for the next big expansion. You’ll see the splash screen presumably after Bungie’s stream on Thursday. It’s not really spoiling anything you won’t know about long before playing it anyway.

Again, I’m not one for willfully spoiling anything, but there has to be line somewhere. I draw that line at advertising. If it’s advertising material it’s not a spoiler and doesn’t need to be marked as such.

The fact that this is before the advertising is officially out there makes it grey, I guess, maybe, but not really, because you’re going to see it on Thursday anyway.

Great, so post this for anyone who doesn't get to see the stream. Posting something before Bungie does is a spoiler in my book. Also, I might add, why post this at all if we are going to see it in game or on Thursday? Why post it now before people even have a chance to see it officially from Bungie? That and the fact there was spoilers in the subject line is really what bugs me.

And spoiling Bungie’s reveal isn’t really a spoiler in my book.

And that's your prerogative, but it's not everyone's. Thus the "respect other people" bit.

I didn’t see his original subject, so can’t comment. I can agree that just hiding stuff in the message is a better way to approach things. But I also stand by the fact that it isn’t really a spoiler so it’s a non-issue.

Hiding spoiler stuff in the message should be the defacto IMO. While also labeling the content without spoiling stuff. He could have just had a title that explained there was datamined information without actually saying what was datamined in the subject.

I might be an outlier, but we have talked about this as a community many times and I feel like we had a pretty good idea the last time we talked. So either we didn't actually nail it down or people just don't care. I hope it is the former.

Agreed.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 12:00 (1781 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

And if it's debatable that it's a spoiler, treat it as if it is.

Agreed.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 12:08 (1781 days ago) @ Kermit

I guess that’s the thing. In my mind, it’s not debatable. It’s marketing material. That makes it not a spoiler.

I’m not saying this to be an asshole. I’m merely saying that it would not have even crossed my mind to mark it as a spoiler. It’s literally an advertisement for a new expansion. It cannot be a spoiler. Unless your plan is to stay off of Destiny related sites on the internet until this fall, it’s something you are automatically going to see.

Agreed.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 12:29 (1781 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I guess that’s the thing. In my mind, it’s not debatable. It’s marketing material. That makes it not a spoiler.

I’m not saying this to be an asshole. I’m merely saying that it would not have even crossed my mind to mark it as a spoiler. It’s literally an advertisement for a new expansion. It cannot be a spoiler. Unless your plan is to stay off of Destiny related sites on the internet until this fall, it’s something you are automatically going to see.

I understand what you are saying from your perspective. But you have to understand my perspective. I'm at work, I haven't booted up Destiny, I didn't know that was on the splash screen. All I saw was a subject line that said "datamined patchnotes + Spoiler material about next expansion." Which is pretty flagrant in my books. So if I'm going to see a splash screen in Destiny, why oh why do we need to post it on DBO? I'm literally going to be seeing it when I boot up Destiny. Why do I need to see it before then? Is there more content in there that isn't on that splash screen? (Don't answer that apart from a yes or no).

This is a topic that is both about what was posted as well as just spoilers in general. If this was any other content then I would be more than just annoyed. For example, if it was actually datamined info that Bungie hasn't released... It's the principle of the matter.

Agreed.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 12:50 (1781 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

There’s not much more. Just a description of the premise and of the expansion.

As for why you’d need to see it: you don’t, I guess, but this is a forum for discussion, and it’s exciting news. Why wouldn’t it be posted?

I get it. I don’t particularly care either way. I guess I just think it’s a bit silly to get so upset about, and I don’t particularly think anything untoward happened.

I think your anger mostly comes from seeing what you thought was a spoiler, but if you saw what it was, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Maybe I’m absolutely wrong about that. It’s not like he posted a major quest line for the new season or something.

Agreed.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 13:00 (1781 days ago) @ cheapLEY

There’s not much more. Just a description of the premise and of the expansion.

As for why you’d need to see it: you don’t, I guess, but this is a forum for discussion, and it’s exciting news. Why wouldn’t it be posted?

Yeah, It was mostly the timing, and the subject line. I shouldn't have overreacted as much as I did, but this stuff kinda bugs me a lot.

I get it. I don’t particularly care either way. I guess I just think it’s a bit silly to get so upset about, and I don’t particularly think anything untoward happened.

Thank you for having a thoughtful attitude. This is a place of discussion of many ideas and feelings after all.

I think your anger mostly comes from seeing what you thought was a spoiler, but if you saw what it was, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Maybe I’m absolutely wrong about that. It’s not like he posted a major quest line for the new season or something.

I'm being very technical when I say it's a spoiler in that it's something that Bungie intentionally put in the game. But we all have our own definition of spoiler as we have both found out :D I'm of the opinion that even companies spoil too much of their own games these days, but that's a topic for another time.

And yes, it turns out that it isn't as big of a deal. I just hope that people learn from this so that when it is a big deal to some people in this community that it doesn't happen. But only the future will tell!

Reading this... We all lose.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 17:22 (1780 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV
edited by INSANEdrive, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 17:27

I can't help be reminded of this skit about spoilers.

Part of the fun in this forum is the... higher degree in chance to having a mature conversation... ON THE INTERNET!

Yet, I've noticed a fear slowly brew into conversational landmines which have developed to the point of, where I sit, an obtuse degree. This fear I observe is a deep deep gnawing fear of "missing out". Shit, I suppose now that I've put that on page, I can't help but realize why. Destiny caters to those who fear of "missing out", I said as much about myself to this game when I walked away from Destiny so I could go do... that life thing. The fear of missing out is a silent tenant of Destiny 2 as it is today. Destiny as a whole, frankly, with the collection aspect and all.

To that end, we have yet another thread here about the dreaded "spoilers", to whatever consideration that may be. MacAddictXIV, in his surprise, wasn't expecting to see Shadowkeep and therefore the default response is SURPRISE! Which, naturally lead to...OH NO EMOTIONS! I don't know what this is and its context thus I've lost something I can't get back! Et cetera Et cetera.

And cheapLEY? Heh-eh, Ohhhhh cheapLEY. He dares make a logical point about timing and type of content, that these fears are silly in this particular context. Apparently, if I read correctly, that doesn't matter.

SO! I shall end this mad little mumble by makeing sure you all know that the Official E3 Game Conference for 2019 is on June 11-13th, you are on the internet and that it is ill advised to put your combustive frog collection in the ships vent core.

TL;DR Man... I just want to talk about blowing shit up with space magic. I want to be excited, and I came here to be excited. I suppose that's naive of me too. We all lose.

TL;DR TL;DR - Damn it Korny! :P

Reading this... We all lose.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 06:41 (1780 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

TL;DR Man... I just want to talk about blowing shit up with space magic. I want to be excited, and I came here to be excited. I suppose that's naive of me too. We all lose.

Which can happen! We all just need to be aware and properly label forum posts so that people who want to see it can and those who don't want to can avoid them.

I wasn't given the chance to avoid this new information. It was held up right in front of my eyes when I loaded the page. My only recourse is to not load the DBO forums at that point. On the flip side, we can't just not post this content, then people like you won't get that chance to get excited about this new content! I don't want to deprive you of that opportunity either. We just need to be away there are two sides to the coin and everything in between.

This is also silly.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 06:54 (1780 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Not trying to bring this up again, I'm just curious now that I've launched Destiny. Was the in-game splash screen thing a guess or did I miss it? Because I never saw it.

Not time yet.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 08:22 (1780 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

This is also silly.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 08:26 (1780 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Yeah, presumably it’ll be rolled out after the stream announcing the fall expansion on Thursday. People said splash screen because it’s in the game, so what else would it be?

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 10:44 (1781 days ago) @ Korny

Okay, so we are apparently going to the moon (Alice!). Who says we are going to be fighting the hive? Now the location and the leaked artwork is suggestive, but not definitive. It could just as well be something wholely or partially new. Taken for instance or someone ‘modified’ from the hive like the forsaken are made from the fallen.

Seems sort of silly.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 10:54 (1781 days ago) @ Korny

In D1 we kill Croat and ostensibly sort of cleared out the moon. And then we . . . what? Just fucked off and let the Hive retake it?

Datamined gear:

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 11:16 (1781 days ago) @ Korny

https://destiny.plumbing/en/diff/DestinyInventoryItemDefinition/diff.html#1286686760

Looks like new versions of some old year 1 armor sets.

Datamined gear:

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 12:39 (1781 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Ha!
[image]

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 12:16 (1781 days ago) @ Korny

Took me a second to realize that thing in the background was the traveler, thought that "a forgotten moon" was literal.

Secret Moon!

Fake news?!

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 12:33 (1780 days ago) @ Korny

I have been informed that if you look at the Season information in the Director (upper right corner icon you can click on that gives you a schedule of what to expect for the season), it says that next is Season of the Undying, nothing about Shadowkeep. Not sure what that Could they be given the overall a release a name and then the Season a specific name? they didn't for Forsaken I believe. means for this info. Could something have changed and one or the other was not updated? Datamined info has proven accurate sometime, but it has also been very wrong as they prep behind the scenes and then change their mind. Will have to see what Bungie announces I guess

Unmentioned change...

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 13:47 (1781 days ago) @ CougRon

Vanguard strike bounty now requires matching the weekly singe, NOT your fireteams element. REALLY wish the would have mentioned that in the notes so I wouldn't have changed from Void to Solar to match my teammates at the end of the strike.

-Disciple

Unmentioned change...

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 14:05 (1781 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

That is a good change, though.

Definitely, just wish I would have known about it sooner.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 14:13 (1781 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

Is it though?

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 14:35 (1781 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I rarely run a super to match the singe. Now I have to.

The better change would just be to make it run three strikes, period. Or even make it five strikes. I don’t care, just let me play the way I want to play.

Definitely better, just not ideal

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 15:08 (1781 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It's a huge improvement over having to match teammates and hope they don't switch at the last minute. I'd definitely prefer just having to complete the strike, but at least this way, you can run the element you want and just change at the end and still get credit.

-Disciple

Is it though?

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 18:41 (1780 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’ll take 3 Strikes with an option I am in control over 5 Strikes (to match the other game modes completions) or 3 Strikes where I have to rely on others. And that’s the thing. It is your choice to pursue that powerful drop. You don’t have to.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread