Good luck to the Xbox Raiders tonight! (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 04, 2019, 17:42 (1759 days ago)

- No text -

How did they do?

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 11:13 (1758 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

How did they do?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 11:52 (1758 days ago) @ CougRon

It was a tough struggle. Lots of close calls. It really pushed our skills, communication, and teamwork abilities. We fought hard. After several hours of hard playing, we finally got Kermit through the Menagerie quest. Now on to the raid!

How did they do?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 13:50 (1758 days ago) @ bluerunner

It was a tough struggle. Lots of close calls. It really pushed our skills, communication, and teamwork abilities. We fought hard. After several hours of hard playing, we finally got Kermit through the Menagerie quest. Now on to the raid!

Lol!

Let me say that I think I held my own pretty well last night. We figured out what to do for the first encounter. Now it's just execution.

How did they do?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 14:02 (1758 days ago) @ Kermit

Lol!

Let me say that I think I held my own pretty well last night. We figured out what to do for the first encounter. Now it's just execution.

We figured out the first section pretty fast, and even finished it once, but true to Bungie you have to do it more than once... bahhh. The light level difference was kinda rough, so hopefully with some levels under our belt we can finished much easier.

How did they do?

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 14:10 (1758 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Lol!

We figured out the first section pretty fast, and even finished it once, but true to Bungie you have to do it more than once... bahhh. The light level difference was kinda rough, so hopefully with some levels under our belt we can finished much easier.

I had a few ideas as I was falling asleep last night - we can talk about 'em Friday. :)

How did they do?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 21:34 (1758 days ago) @ Claude Errera

First encounter was much easier after we leveled up. Second encounter was fun and had some funny moments. We got to the third and have no idea what to do. Hopefully we can figure it out tomorrow night.

What did I do?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 13:51 (1758 days ago) @ bluerunner

I played through the menagerie last night and at no point was I clear on what I was doing. Many times I thought I had lost, but it continued. A bar slowly moved a equilateral marker toward a darkness skull, but it was fine. A bar filled toward that skull. Fine. Timers ran out during a many fights. Fine.

Then, a boss fight that we "won" because it died? My chalice burned the stuff I put in it and then expensive boxes that I was able to open on a barge and that might be related?

I'm sure there are videos up by now but I'm at work and I trust DBO not to have crazy stuff if people walk by. The rest of the internet, not so much.

If there's an easy way to describe that bar and what it was supposed to be communicating to me, I'm interested. If not, I'll read up on it later.

What did I do?

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 14:09 (1758 days ago) @ Vortech

I played through the menagerie last night and at no point was I clear on what I was doing. Many times I thought I had lost, but it continued. A bar slowly moved a equilateral marker toward a darkness skull, but it was fine. A bar filled toward that skull. Fine. Timers ran out during a many fights. Fine.

Then, a boss fight that we "won" because it died? My chalice burned the stuff I put in it and then expensive boxes that I was able to open on a barge and that might be related?

I'm sure there are videos up by now but I'm at work and I trust DBO not to have crazy stuff if people walk by. The rest of the internet, not so much.

If there's an easy way to describe that bar and what it was supposed to be communicating to me, I'm interested. If not, I'll read up on it later.

There are 6 (? I might have that number wrong) encounters in the Menagerie. Doing them really well makes them harder (light level of opponents increases, you get a yellow message onscreen telling you Calus thinks you should fight worthier opponents). Doing them poorly gets you fewer points towards completion.

When the time for a particular section runs out, you move on to the next one. You continue until the bar is complete; again, if you do really well, this means fewer encounters overall, if you do poorly, more encounters. (I've only run it twice, so I can't give you hard numbers on what you get for each 'successful' encounter, or what the least you can earn is; my first run was terrible, and we were in our third cycle of the 6 events before being shunted to the boss, my second we got to him after one cycle.)

The orange bar tells you (I think) how far you CAN get in the encounter (the dimmer section), and where you are at the moment (the brighter section). The length of the bar gives you a sense for how far you have to go. (When you hit something near the end of it, you get shunted to a boss fight. I don't think that's timed... both our lousy group and our not-so-lousy group finished it.)

What did I do?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 14:14 (1758 days ago) @ Vortech

Killing things and performing tasks fills the bar. You'll see +150 or some other number pop up when the right things are done. That's filling your group's bar. When it is full, you fight the final boss. You keep doing the rooms until the bar is full. The better and faster you do each activity, the faster the bar fills and the faster you get to the final boss.

The timer is just a cutoff point for each activity. There are triumphs I think for finishing all before the timer runs out. The timer is there to keep your group from being stuck at one room for too long. There isn't any way to fail. You just take longer to finish filling the bar and fighting the end boss.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread