Just landed on Mars (Destiny)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 20:54 (1751 days ago)

So I’ve gotten back into Destiny 2 and just started playing the Warmind campaign expansion. Finished the first level, dropped into the social space, and immediately as I walked outside of Ana Bray’s encampment, I encountered a swarm of Hive on a public event. Whenever I shot at them they’d all be immune with “??” in-lieu of a displayed light level. I’m only now exceeding the former 25 light level cap, so is that the reason why?

Just landed on Mars

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 21:14 (1751 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Power level actually. The enemies are more then 20 (or was it 30?) above yours.

If you are not trying to play mars at its original power level and don’t mind increasing it by a whole bunch you might want to seek out some power level boosts. The biggest ones are from the drifter who you can find in the new annex in the tower. He has four of them that when completed will award you 690 gear that you can either use or infuse and as long as you have something that high you will start getting engram drops that high. 690 was just 10 below the max a couple seasons ago.

Just landed on Mars

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, June 13, 2019, 20:21 (1750 days ago) @ CougRon

Power level actually. The enemies are more then 20 (or was it 30?) above yours.

If you are not trying to play mars at its original power level and don’t mind increasing it by a whole bunch you might want to seek out some power level boosts. The biggest ones are from the drifter who you can find in the new annex in the tower. He has four of them that when completed will award you 690 gear that you can either use or infuse and as long as you have something that high you will start getting engram drops that high. 690 was just 10 below the max a couple seasons ago.

That sounds pretty ideal. Thank you! :)

Just landed on Mars

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, June 15, 2019, 09:37 (1748 days ago) @ CougRon

Drifter has 650, frames have the 690, yeah?

Just landed on Mars

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, June 13, 2019, 06:52 (1750 days ago) @ Grizzlei

So I’ve gotten back into Destiny 2 and just started playing the Warmind campaign expansion. Finished the first level, dropped into the social space, and immediately as I walked outside of Ana Bray’s encampment, I encountered a swarm of Hive on a public event. Whenever I shot at them they’d all be immune with “??” in-lieu of a displayed light level. I’m only now exceeding the former 25 light level cap, so is that the reason why?

It's very likely someone started a Escalation protocol. That will be a bit higher than you can do at the start of the campaign. I would just keep play :D Won't be hard to bust past that level cap.

What platform?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, June 13, 2019, 08:18 (1750 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

PS4!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, June 13, 2019, 20:21 (1750 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

See you in September!!!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, June 14, 2019, 06:09 (1749 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

See you in September!!!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, June 14, 2019, 13:25 (1749 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Or later this summer. Cross-saves will be here before September.

WHAAAAT

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, June 14, 2019, 13:33 (1749 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

WHAAAAT

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, June 14, 2019, 14:07 (1749 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Some comments have indicated they were ready to go two years ago when d2 launched so if they kept things reasonable they should just have to dust off the code from the libraries fix a few things up and be ready to go. The way I see it there was already cross saves within console generations in d1 so they’ve shown some ability already to do it. Logistically They probably also would want to launch before Shadowkeep so people would have lead time to get their profiles setup for launch

WHAAAAT

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, June 15, 2019, 06:09 (1748 days ago) @ CougRon

Some comments have indicated they were ready to go two years ago when d2 launched so if they kept things reasonable they should just have to dust off the code from the libraries fix a few things up and be ready to go. The way I see it there was already cross saves within console generations in d1 so they’ve shown some ability already to do it.

Cross-saves were working when D1 launched, a point I've made here several times. Bungie has never been the obstacle.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread