Not another Luna’s Howl rant (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, June 18, 2019, 10:54 (1773 days ago)

... I promise. Sort of.

I posted this topic on Reddit, and wanted to see what you all thought about it.

Is it just me, or has there been a drastic uptick in special weapon spam in the Crucible lately?

Between the Reckoner quest, Chaperone snipers, the dominance of Erentill, and absolutely broken god-Weapon that is Lord of Wolves, D2 crucible is starting to feel a lot like the worst parts of D1 lately.

I can’t help thinking that the Luna/Not Forgotten nerf has something to do with this as well. Some of the better special weapons in the game take the same slot as Luna’s, so pre-nerf Luna was keeping some of this stuff out of the game that way. But I also feel like I’m getting killed by shotgun rushers and voopers in situations where my pre-nerf Luna would have stopped them. Luna’s Howl was at its deadliest in the gap between short and mid range that made it perfect for taking down apes just before they could close the gap. Post-nerf, it’s just that tiny bit too slow to get the job done anymore.

Anyone else feel the same way? Any cool counters to shotgunners that I should try? (I’m using Mountaintop to shut them down now, but always open to suggestions)

Not another Luna’s Howl rant

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 18, 2019, 11:15 (1773 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I feel like most of the people I encounter are running Jotunn now, but that’s been true for months.

I don’t know if your supposition is correct or not. I don’t feel like I ever noticed that many people using it, but getting killed by it never felt like bullshit like getting killed by Jotunn or Erendil or Telesto does, so it just might not stick out as much.

Jotunn’holics anonymous

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, June 18, 2019, 18:57 (1773 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I feel like most of the people I encounter are running Jotunn now, but that’s been true for months.

Okay, uhm, guilty. It’s about the only way I can get steady amount of kills in crucible. Even then not that much. I try not to play without it. Well, To be honest I don’t get kills as I used to anymore. I find people have learned to generate misses, anyone who is looking right at me and just moves a little is able to dodge my shots. Most of my kills with jotunn are people looking the other way or going after someone else.

I think some of the issues people have with the crucible lately is because it’s been running more or less on auto pilot for most of a year now. There hasn’t been serious love given in the form of crucible updates like new maps. Sure there has been new pinnacle weapons and some balance tweaks but the rest of the game has seen far more attention. It’s been so bad people were legitimately wondering if it was about to be dropped. Bungie says they see the problem and will fix it next year but that is still months away at best.

The PC Ecosystem is not impacted.

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, June 18, 2019, 11:28 (1773 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, June 18, 2019, 11:33 (1773 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Anyone else feel the same way? Any cool counters to shotgunners that I should try? (I’m using Mountaintop to shut them down now, but always open to suggestions)

As a shoulder main, there is just so much designed to stop me now. :(

Between OEM, Shotguns (LoW especially), Backup Plan voops, Recluse, and people hanging way back to snipe, it's tough for a guy who just wants to bonk.

I will say, though, that unlike the cheap crutch Luna, the Specials at least have an ammo economy for players to consider.
The people chasing the Sniper should only be prominent for another few weeks. After than, things will go back to normal.

At least Bungie has acknowledged Lord of Wolves, though it was in their patented "We're Listening" fashion.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, June 18, 2019, 11:42 (1773 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It says [removed].

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, June 18, 2019, 11:47 (1773 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I liked Destiny 2.0 where Shotguns were considered Power Weapons. Lets just go back to that.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 18, 2019, 13:37 (1773 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I don’t.

Shotguns are still far less common and far less annoying than getting MIDAd in .1 seconds from across the map by the entire enemy team that you can barely even see.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 18, 2019, 17:53 (1773 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Just curious, did they give you a reason why they removed your post on reddit?

That sub is a fucking shitshow.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, June 18, 2019, 19:37 (1773 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Nope. It was word-for-word identical to my post here. I have no idea what rule I could possibly have broken.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 06:57 (1772 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Nope. It was word-for-word identical to my post here. I have no idea what rule I could possibly have broken.

Your submission has been removed for the following reason(s):

Rule 2 - "Does anyone else" type posts are not allowed on this sub. Please resubmit your post with a different title.

Seems like a weird rule!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 09:03 (1772 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Rule 2 - "Does anyone else" type posts are not allowed on this sub. Please resubmit your post with a different title.

Seems like a weird rule!

Yeah, I did eventually hear from one of the mods about that. Not a rule I’d ever have expected, but now I know :)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 12:24 (1772 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Seems like a weird rule!

Yeah, I did eventually hear from one of the mods about that. Not a rule I’d ever have expected, but now I know :)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 11:08 (1772 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Seems like a weird rule!

Does anyone else think that’s a silly rule?

I see what you did there!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 11:41 (1772 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread