The Phisto, I think we lost him... (Off-Topic)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, June 25, 2019, 17:19 (1761 days ago)
edited by SonofMacPhisto, Tuesday, June 25, 2019, 17:27

Ah, you know the rest don't yah? :)

Howdy folks!

With all the big changes going on at Bungie these days it's hard not to think of this lovely place. I still lurk now and again. Figured I'd drop in a post and say hey. Maybe you remember me, maybe you don't, but in any case I hope you're well.

Been living down south in the great state of Florida these past couple years. Real nice down here. Me and the missus are lovin' it. Got diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes a couple months ago. That's been an adjustment, tell you what. Other than that just been working and trying to move ahead one step at a time. Hanging in there, more often than not.

Computer game wise still spending most of my time causing trouble in the world of Elite: Dangerous. Fire up Destiny now and again too. Really looking forward to DOOM: Eternal this fall. Comes out on my birthday! How about that?

Anyway, what's been up around here?

-Phisto

The Phisto, I think we lost him...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, June 25, 2019, 18:10 (1761 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Hey buddy! I've missed playing with you. I was thinking about our LAN up in the Smokies while I was hiking up there this past weekend. Next time I'm in Florida we should catch up. Or if you are back up in Tennessee we'll go shooting again.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 15:13 (1760 days ago) @ bluerunner

Hey buddy! I've missed playing with you. I was thinking about our LAN up in the Smokies while I was hiking up there this past weekend. Next time I'm in Florida we should catch up. Or if you are back up in Tennessee we'll go shooting again.

Absolutely hit me up if you're down this way. It would be a hoot.

I have fond memories of not robbing that gun store. Been thinking of getting into shooting myself. Our best buddy down here is an enthusiast and works in the industry. One step at a time, but already learning the ropes with a mock Glock he got me.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 16:49 (1760 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

If you want to buy something for the lulz.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 17:59 (1760 days ago) @ bluerunner

If you want to buy something for the lulz.

Oh gods. That's funny.

They missed a golden opportunity...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 22:00 (1759 days ago) @ bluerunner

First there was Boaty Mcboatface, and we SO EASILY could have had Face McShooty as a follow-up.

You have failed me, internet.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, June 25, 2019, 18:57 (1760 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Damn, man, funny you should show up. I've been playing Borderlands 2 lately on account of the new DLC, and I surely do miss playing with both of you. Sorry to hear about the health situation, hope you have some manageable options. Unlike Blue, I probably won't be wandering through Florida soon, but I wish I was.

I, too, am extremely pumped for DOOM Eternal. I'm actually going to buy this one! ;) Thanks for giving me the opportunity to play its predeccesor. I'm still stunned by how great a job they did, so Eternal will definitely be a day one buy.

I've been playing Deep Rock Galactic. Very good co-op shooter in early access. Oh, and making progress on my neverending playthrough of Kingdoms of Amalur. I'm looking forward to the day when I'll have to specify that I mean the *first* KoA game.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 15:15 (1760 days ago) @ stabbim

Damn, man, funny you should show up. I've been playing Borderlands 2 lately on account of the new DLC, and I surely do miss playing with both of you. Sorry to hear about the health situation, hope you have some manageable options. Unlike Blue, I probably won't be wandering through Florida soon, but I wish I was.

I, too, am extremely pumped for DOOM Eternal. I'm actually going to buy this one! ;) Thanks for giving me the opportunity to play its predeccesor. I'm still stunned by how great a job they did, so Eternal will definitely be a day one buy.

I've been playing Deep Rock Galactic. Very good co-op shooter in early access. Oh, and making progress on my neverending playthrough of Kingdoms of Amalur. I'm looking forward to the day when I'll have to specify that I mean the *first* KoA game.

I forgot about gifting you my copy! Haha! Yeah man, it looks like they're just doubling down on what made DOOM awesome. Look at the "story" trailer...

"Why are you heeeeeeear?"

chainsaw demon murder intensifies

Lordy me.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 25, 2019, 19:51 (1760 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

A favorite son returns! You’ve been missed. You’ve tempted me to play Elite, but I feel like I barely have time to play Destiny these days. Hope we find some way to catch up soon.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 15:16 (1760 days ago) @ Kermit

A favorite son returns! You’ve been missed. You’ve tempted me to play Elite, but I feel like I barely have time to play Destiny these days. Hope we find some way to catch up soon.

I'm on PC and Discord most these days. If you've got Discord, let me know. I'll post my handle here.

Elite takes up a lot of time if you let it... smart move to stay out of it. :P

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 14:55 (1760 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Howdy folks!

With all the big changes going on at Bungie these days it's hard not to think of this lovely place. I still lurk now and again. Figured I'd drop in a post and say hey. Maybe you remember me, maybe you don't, but in any case I hope you're well.

Been living down south in the great state of Florida these past couple years. Real nice down here. Me and the missus are lovin' it. Got diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes a couple months ago. That's been an adjustment, tell you what. Other than that just been working and trying to move ahead one step at a time. Hanging in there, more often than not.

Computer game wise still spending most of my time causing trouble in the world of Elite: Dangerous. Fire up Destiny now and again too. Really looking forward to DOOM: Eternal this fall. Comes out on my birthday! How about that?

-Phisto

Hiya!

I'm excited for the next Doom as well! Last game I had time to play was Ace Combat 7, dusted off the XB1 for it so that's saying something lol

Not really doing too much as we save for a house (hopefully, it will be LAN capable). With all the E3 news I'm hoping to get back into the gaming swing by next Christmas for Halo Infinite. Probably gonna switch to PC by that time (already snagged my dream case :D ).

Hoping an Activision-less Bunige puts out Destiny 3 and I'll be more interested.

If you do Doom on PS4 lemme know!

Have you had and Florida-man incidents?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 15:18 (1760 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Howdy folks!

-Phisto

Hiya!

I'm excited for the next Doom as well! Last game I had time to play was Ace Combat 7, dusted off the XB1 for it so that's saying something lol

Not really doing too much as we save for a house (hopefully, it will be LAN capable). With all the E3 news I'm hoping to get back into the gaming swing by next Christmas for Halo Infinite. Probably gonna switch to PC by that time (already snagged my dream case :D ).

Hoping an Activision-less Bunige puts out Destiny 3 and I'll be more interested.

If you do Doom on PS4 lemme know!

Have you had and Florida-man incidents?

Unfortunately we have not. This place is a hoot for sure but nothing Florida Man worthy quite yet.

Going to see the space shuttle at Kennedy Space Center was pretty awesome. Hung around that thing for quite a while just soaking it in.

Ace Combat 7 was pretty great! Find myself listening to the soundtrack all the time.

Without the Phisto, the Covenant

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 20:19 (1759 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

- No text -

SoMP!

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 20:25 (1759 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

- No text -

Ohi

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 20:26 (1759 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Sad to hear about your sugar thing, but happy to hear y'all still in sunny Florida! Send the missus a hug from me

Ohi

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, June 27, 2019, 14:58 (1759 days ago) @ ZackDark

Will do buddy. :)

As I live and breathe.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, July 02, 2019, 06:06 (1754 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Glad to see you checking in. Miss you, buddy.

~m

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread