Destiny Release Date Lottery: The entries (DBO)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 10, 2013, 10:30 (3844 days ago)

Alright, so I finally had enough time to compile the entries for the Release Date Lottery. I figured I'd open a new thread just so I don't drag up an old huge thread.

Google Sheet Here

Let me know if you see any errors. Just for my own amusement I colored the entries based on their chances now that we know a release window (which Bungie was nice enough to announce on October 1st, the day after the contest closed).

Your coloring is suspect *NM*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, October 10, 2013, 10:49 (3844 days ago) @ Xenos

My prediction has a built in delay / date slip. :p

Really I just thought...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 10, 2013, 11:26 (3844 days ago) @ Ragashingo

"How can I make Ragashingo's guess look the worst?"

Really I just thought...

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, October 10, 2013, 11:50 (3844 days ago) @ Xenos

Xenos, are you going to pay for the prizes out of your own pocket? If so, I could donate some $$ when the time comes...

Really I just thought...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 10, 2013, 11:53 (3844 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Xenos, are you going to pay for the prizes out of your own pocket? If so, I could donate some $$ when the time comes...

Partially, I have a couple things that will lower the cost of the prizes, but mostly yes I am paying for it :) I would be happy to take some donations to help pay for them though, we'll be in touch when it becomes relevant. Thanks!

I did wonder...

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, October 10, 2013, 12:48 (3844 days ago) @ Xenos

...who you people are who are so wealthy as to be so generous with the prize-giving. :-P

Destiny Release Date Lottery: The entries

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, October 10, 2013, 12:10 (3844 days ago) @ Xenos

Alright, so I finally had enough time to compile the entries for the Release Date Lottery. I figured I'd open a new thread just so I don't drag up an old huge thread.

Google Sheet Here

Let me know if you see any errors. Just for my own amusement I colored the entries based on their chances now that we know a release window (which Bungie was nice enough to announce on October 1st, the day after the contest closed).

Just don't give out the prizes too early :-p

It might get pushed back to fall!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 10, 2013, 12:18 (3844 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Ha! I think we'll be fine though, I can't exactly give out Destiny before the date it is released (and for those worrying it'll be delivered on the date it's released if you live in the US)

Dang, this is weird.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, October 10, 2013, 13:05 (3844 days ago) @ Xenos

I've never before wished for the delay of a Bungie game. (Not that I really want to wait until November.)

Dang, this is weird.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 10, 2013, 13:29 (3844 days ago) @ Kermit

I've never before wished for the delay of a Bungie game. (Not that I really want to wait until November.)

If it gets delayed I'm blaming you! ...or Cody. Probably Cody.

Dang, this is weird.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, October 10, 2013, 14:21 (3844 days ago) @ Kermit

You can wish for it to be month earlier so I can win.

I'm rooting for Snipe not to win, because I'm mean like that.

Not eligible, but...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Thursday, October 10, 2013, 14:07 (3844 days ago) @ Xenos

... I will still laugh and be ecstatic if it lands on March 8th (my birthday)!

However, if it lands on March 7th or 9th, I will probably cry... ;)

You'd still win on 7th and 9th. 10th would be mine. :D

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, October 10, 2013, 17:25 (3844 days ago) @ Mid7night

- No text -

You'd still win on 7th and 9th. 10th would be mine. :D

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:54 (3844 days ago) @ ZackDark

That's why I'd be crying...'cuz I'm not officially entered! At least if it happens on my birthday I'll have the coolness of it coming out on my birthday. I posted my guess like, a few hours after the Moon trailer actually dropped.

by Decom @, Thursday, October 10, 2013, 15:37 (3844 days ago) @ Xenos

lol, I didn't even realize my guess was on a Tuesday until reading the spreadsheet. Now I'm getting my hopes up of maybe winning this.

Could you replace mine. . .

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, October 10, 2013, 17:12 (3844 days ago) @ Xenos

To

[image]

That would be great. Thanks.

Bring on the money!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, October 11, 2013, 07:14 (3844 days ago) @ Xenos

I'm Luigi, Imma number one.

Btw, when are we going to hear about limited editions, or are they not doing that any more?

Bring on the money!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 11, 2013, 08:15 (3844 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

I'm Luigi, Imma number one.

Btw, when are we going to hear about limited editions, or are they not doing that any more?

They are going to announce it the day before the game is released!

Realistically don't they usually announce the limited editions on the same day they announce the release date?

Bring on the money!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, October 11, 2013, 08:22 (3844 days ago) @ Xenos

That would be fine, but they are on the preorder train pretty hard. What are they going to ask people to do? Upgrade when the news comes out about limited edition? Cancel my preorder and get the better one?

Bring on the money!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 11, 2013, 08:25 (3844 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

That would be fine, but they are on the preorder train pretty hard. What are they going to ask people to do? Upgrade when the news comes out about limited edition? Cancel my preorder and get the better one?

What'd be cool (and probably totally unrealistic) is if they released a limited/legendary edition "pack" that you bought separate from your pre-order. That would solve the problem of what to do if you are planning on getting just the digital edition, and save them money because they could theoretically make it a one-pack-works-everywhere.

Bring on the money!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, October 11, 2013, 09:46 (3843 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

I've never had a store turn down taking more money from me.

In the case that I win...

by GrizzNKev, Down the street from Microsoft, Friday, October 11, 2013, 12:17 (3843 days ago) @ Xenos

It seems like I have a pretty good chance of winning something based on the given release range. With the exception of the DBO shirt, I will forfeit all my prizes to the next closest person in each tier who didn't win. I just wanted to guess for fun - chances are I'll already have the console I want to play Destiny on by the time there's a definite release date.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread