A couple free emblems (Destiny)

by ZaneZavin @, Sunday, July 07, 2019, 10:28 (1753 days ago)

M96-LHP-HJN
NLK-XAC-NCY

One is the emblem of synth and one is the hearts emblem.

❤️

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, July 07, 2019, 13:36 (1753 days ago) @ ZaneZavin

Same as deal as ZZ:

• ACJ-MLJ-R6P
  • 7PG-V4L-CM7

Happy Bungie Day!

And one more:

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, July 07, 2019, 14:03 (1753 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Just the emblem of synth, here:

MF7-PA3-GHH

Looks like this:

[image]

And one more:

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, July 07, 2019, 14:29 (1753 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Just the emblem of synth, here:

MF7-PA3-GHH

Looks like this:

[image]

That might be one of the slickest looking emblems yet.

Feels a bit like Tycho

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, July 10, 2019, 11:54 (1750 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

Makes me wonder what their probably-never-going-to-happen Marathon remake/reboot would be like.

Feels a bit like Tycho

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, July 10, 2019, 12:12 (1750 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, July 10, 2019, 12:27

[image]

Makes me wonder what their probably-never-going-to-happen Marathon remake/reboot would be like.

Make it a prequel like Reach.

"The colony has been wiped out. Phhht! Just like that."

Marathon: Tau Ceti.

Feels a bit like Tycho

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 10, 2019, 13:10 (1750 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Kermit, Wednesday, July 10, 2019, 13:24

[image]

Make it a prequel like Reach.

"The colony has been wiped out. Phhht! Just like that."

Marathon: Tau Ceti.

You'd only remind us that it's not canon.

BTW, I've been looking forward to the upcoming re-release of Reach. Despite Gen. Battuta's valid criticisms of the writing back in the day, Reach worked for me, canon be damned. Part of it is that I viewed it as a secret history. Reach's realism worked in favor of that reading. Reach was a boots-on-the-ground story, set in a real place among actual civilians. ODST (and Sadie's story) had begun to take us out of the space soldier fantasy a little. Reach rejected it by keeping us grounded--when we went to orbit, we had to fight our way there, only to fall back again. To me, Reach successfully punctured the "Spartans never die" mythos. In many ways I still think it's the best Halo game.

Feels a bit like Tycho

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, July 10, 2019, 13:30 (1750 days ago) @ Kermit

I agree whole-heartedly.

Despite the often awkward writing and line delivery, that narrative just works for me. They absolutely nailed that tone, I think. The cinematography in that game is amazing. All the security cam and shaky, embedded journalist style shots are great and really hold some of the clunkier writing together for me. I won’t defend it as the pinnacle of writing or story delivery or anything like that, but I always find myself really sucked into that atmosphere when I play it.

That big interview with Eric Nylund that revealed that Bungie wasn’t that happy with Fall of Reach made the retcon stuff sit a lot better with me. I’m always for letting people tell the stories they want, canon be damned. Especially if they’re working around something like Fall of Reach that they didn’t like all that much to begin with. And that ending worked for me in giving purpose to Noble team beyond just the abstract defense of Reach.

I want to play Reach and I have for a while now, but I’m holding out for its introduction to MCC.

Feels a bit like Tycho

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, July 10, 2019, 16:45 (1750 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I will say in full defense of “awkward writing and line delivery” that in my 12 years of uniformed service I knew people who fit each and every character and I heard someone say just about every line (if not verbatim than at least matched in tone) from that game. None of it is out of place, it’s just not the Hollywood image of the military.

Feels a bit like Tycho

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, July 10, 2019, 18:00 (1750 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I'd buy that. I knew a lot of awkward dipshits during my time in the service, too. Actually, maybe the stuff we saw in Reach didn't go far enough in that direction and is far too competent.

Feels a bit like Tycho

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, July 11, 2019, 00:51 (1749 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It isn’t like we spend any time with them on leave or in a garrison environment. Seems more like a fan fiction prompt in that case, to get the real human angle.

2x Synth, 1x Forge

by Harmanimus @, Sunday, July 07, 2019, 18:26 (1753 days ago) @ ZaneZavin

Since we're sharing codes we don't need:

Emblem of Synth:
N77-RAC-TY6
TCH-F3Y-4KV

First to the Forge:
NCG-HKK-67X

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread