Thanks for the great night of Destiny tonight! (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, July 12, 2019, 23:13 (1720 days ago)

Thanks for the raid invite, Kermit. I don't do that as much as I'd like. I damn near said no, but I'm glad I didn't. I had a blast. Scourge of the Past is such a fun raid.

Thanks to Cruel and Korny for running Zero Hour with me so I could finally get Outbreak Perfected. That mission is still super cool. Maybe I'll even forego Bad Juju and use the thing some day. (:

And then we moved onto Comp. I would say thanks Claude, but I'm not sure that I should. (: We had some rough games! It was still a lot of fun, though, even when it was rough. I always have such a good time playing Crucible with a full team.

Nights like this really help remind me why Destiny is so good, and I am extremely thankful when they happen. It's hard to quit chasing whatever the newest thing is and remember to just enjoy the damn game, but it's really nice when I can find the time to actually do that.

Destiny was at its peak tonight...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, July 13, 2019, 01:00 (1720 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I started it off doing some hard work getting my Bad Juju and Catalyst, but I’m happy that my time was definitely respected by the game not requiring some ridiculous grind. Instead, I got to run through a fantastic dungeon; easily in my top 3 favorite Destiny missions. Level design, encounter setup, and challenge? It was an absolute blast. I immediately started it back up (and I want to go for that deathless run soon).
Bravo, Bungie. I almost expected them to botch this bit of content too, but an hour-long grind was just perfect, and one of my favorite guns in D1 returning in its full glory? It even made me unequip my Fighting Lion!

Also, doing a proper run of Zero Hour was almost as much fun as doing it at 380 and trying to avoid every bullet. :P
Thanks for helping me get through those final Adventures/missions. Now I can actually contribute towards helping others!

And Comp was great. Win or lose, hair’s breadth or steamroll, it’s always a fun time. Plus, setting cruel up for sacrifice was worth having to play countdown.

Even playing Gambit Prime was a lot of fun. It’s always neat to see an example of how bad teammates can truly be. Really helps you appreciate playing with DBOers!

Thanks for the great night of Destiny tonight!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, July 13, 2019, 08:58 (1720 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I wish I had time to do it more often. Thanks to chappy for carrying us through a couple of sections.

Wish I had stayed up to play comp. If anybody sees me online and wants to play,send me an invite. I'm not having a lot of luck playing competitive solo.

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, July 13, 2019, 10:30 (1720 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Thanks for the raid invite, Kermit. I don't do that as much as I'd like. I damn near said no, but I'm glad I didn't. I had a blast. Scourge of the Past is such a fun raid.

Thanks to Cruel and Korny for running Zero Hour with me so I could finally get Outbreak Perfected. That mission is still super cool. Maybe I'll even forego Bad Juju and use the thing some day. (:

And then we moved onto Comp. I would say thanks Claude, but I'm not sure that I should. (: We had some rough games! It was still a lot of fun, though, even when it was rough. I always have such a good time playing Crucible with a full team.

Nights like this really help remind me why Destiny is so good, and I am extremely thankful when they happen. It's hard to quit chasing whatever the newest thing is and remember to just enjoy the damn game, but it's really nice when I can find the time to actually do that.

I ended the night 15 Glory points below where I started... but I'm at 190/200 solar kills on my Luna quest! It was totally worth it. ;)

(After you all left, it was me and Zero and Chickens. Chickens didn't care much about glory, and Zero was starting at 0, so he could only go so far! :) It was all good.)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, July 13, 2019, 10:53 (1720 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah, it was a real solid night. One and a 1/6th of a Raid done in an evening is a pretty solid deal. If anyone feels like playing Last Wish in their menagerie or leviathan gear this weekend, I'm up for it.

As an added bonus, I played a Black Armory forge before ending the night, and got Le Monarque! So... that was nice.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, July 13, 2019, 11:27 (1720 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I love that bow. I never had so much fun in Gambit as when I was using that thing.

Regarding those triumphs. I got to 38% on the Scourge of the Past one without wearing a single piece of Leviathan/Menagerie gear.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread