Shadowkeep is Rise of Iron sized. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 15, 2019, 16:11 (1746 days ago)

From this story at Polygon.

“Forsaken was a huge expansion pack for Destiny 2,” said Noseworthy. “In terms of what we’re able to build this year, it’s more much in scope with a Rise of Iron or Rise of Iron Plus.”

“Destiny [2] is a huge game,” said Noseworthy. “We mean in terms of the scope of the game, that complexity, but also just the amount of space we take on people’s hard drives.”

Noseworthy went on to say that Bungie “can’t really just grow the game infinitely, forever.”

Basically confirms that Destiny 3 will happen rather than continued support of D2. Unless the can miraculously do a Warframe and rebuild the game and cut the file size literally in half.

But will it have a buggy trophy for ringing bells?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, July 15, 2019, 18:03 (1746 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Sounds like they have the disconnect part down

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 08:07 (1745 days ago) @ CyberKN

Poor Destroyo

+10

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 12:01 (1745 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

I never did get that Achevo.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 12:36 (1745 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Shadowkeep is Rise of Iron sized.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 15, 2019, 18:10 (1746 days ago) @ cheapLEY

My guess is that Bungie is hinting that the Moon will be Destiny 2's last major location. And, yeah, possibly comparing it to Rise of Iron is also a hint that this will be Destiny 2's last large expansion. Maybe we get smaller seasonal stuff after that until Destiny 3?

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 15, 2019, 21:22 (1746 days ago) @ Ragashingo

My guess is that Bungie is hinting that the Moon will be Destiny 2's last major location. And, yeah, possibly comparing it to Rise of Iron is also a hint that this will be Destiny 2's last large expansion. Maybe we get smaller seasonal stuff after that until Destiny 3?

Maybe? It makes sense, but it would also imply that Destiny 3 is maybe next year. I can't really see Destiny 2 surviving on just Annual Pass content for more than a year, unless they really step it up.

Maybe I'm wrong on that, though. It seems like folks really enjoyed last season and this one is certainly off to a great start.

I certainly don't think I'll make it through more than another year of just Annual Pass style stuff with much enthusiasm. Not that it hasn't been good (some of it even great), but I just need something more to really get me excited.

I guess if Armor 2.0 is just the start of something bigger when it comes to the investment systems, maybe that will make some of the investment loop a bit more compelling.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 08:08 (1745 days ago) @ Ragashingo

You mean D3stiny.

NO No no...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 12:37 (1745 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You mean D3stiny.

It's Destin3. Obviously.

NO No no...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 12:39 (1745 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

You mean D3stiny.

It's Destin3. Obviously.

That's a serious contender to be honest.

It's really not.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 13:08 (1745 days ago) @ Cody Miller

And yes, that means I'm agreeing with Cody.

It's really not.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 13:42 (1745 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Destiny 3 is Destiny 3.

Leetspeak is so aughts.

It's really not.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 13:49 (1745 days ago) @ Kermit

Destiny 3 is Destiny 3.

Leetspeak is so aughts.

so...Threestiny?

It's really not.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 13:56 (1745 days ago) @ ManKitten
edited by ManKitten, Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 14:06

Destiny 3 is Destiny 3.

Leetspeak is so aughts.

so...Threestiny?

Nope, I've got it.

[image]

It's really not.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 14:52 (1745 days ago) @ ManKitten

DestinIII? Pronounced with the eee sound at the drawn out?

We have a winner

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 15:20 (1745 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

So you're agreeing with him by disagreeing?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 18:30 (1745 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Isn't that the only way to agree with Cody?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 09:21 (1744 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

You got me there

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 11:16 (1744 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread