Mission Control (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 08:12 (1743 days ago)

I was pretty confident this medal (and the Sniper Rifle Mastery triumph that required getting the medal) was going to be forever out of reach for me (on console, at least). Something about the D2 sniper just feels clunky on console and I don't like using them. Unfortunately, the Revoker is my best bet for getting a crucible pinnacle weapon and completing that Moments of Triumph badge, so it's been all sniper, all the time for me.

I had totally forgot about the medal and was just focused on getting sniper kills (only 31 to go!) and completing games with Leviathan gear. And then it happened...

It wasn't pretty, and I'm lucky that the dodge reload doesn't count as a reload, but it happened. And then it happened again...

A bit cleaner, but I still made a stupid play at the end. Still two Mission Control medals in a single game was pretty cool :p

Now I just need to group with some of you guys in comp to get my Glory points. I'm sitting at 520 points after ten games as most of my solo games end up looking something like this.

[image]

-Disciple

Hey me too!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 14:15 (1742 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Granted I've only received it once, but I'm surprised I got it at all! I'm RUBBISH at sniping with controller in PVP. It's weapons like this that really make me miss the precision of a mouse.

I still have ~150ish Kills to get. -_-

That said, I have managed to get a kill in the air with a sniper. That was fairly cool.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Noice!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, July 18, 2019, 12:26 (1742 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Granted I've only received it once, but I'm surprised I got it at all! I'm RUBBISH at sniping with controller in PVP. It's weapons like this that really make me miss the precision of a mouse.

This is one of the main reasons I'm looking forward to cross saves. I might hate crucible a little less when I can use a keyboard and mouse again :)

I still have ~150ish Kills to get. -_-

I finished up all of the kills last night, but I've still got almost 2,000 more glory to go. :(

That said, I have managed to get a kill in the air with a sniper. That was fairly cool.

Nice shot!

You too! ^_^ (Both Posts.)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 18, 2019, 14:49 (1741 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

Hey, I can do it too!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, July 19, 2019, 07:14 (1741 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I have also apparently have never done it before because I just got the triumph for it! haha

Awesome! Mission Control medals for EVERYONE!!!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, July 19, 2019, 07:49 (1741 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I have also apparently have never done it before because I just got the triumph for it! haha

I'm kind of glad this quest has forced me to use snipers more. Now that I've gotten more comfortable with them, I'll usually keep one equipped even though I'm done with the "sniper kills" parts of the quest. Now I've just got 1,574 more Glory to go before I can finish that triumph and never play Crucible again :p

-Disciple

More PvP Fun

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, July 18, 2019, 12:45 (1742 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k
edited by DiscipleN2k, Thursday, July 18, 2019, 12:59

Thanks Argent, Malagate, Claude, Robot Chickens, & Zero for letting me roll with you guys last night. I was able to finish off my sniper kills and get 1,000 points closer to the pinnacle sniper reward! Best of all, not once did I have to fight the urge to chuck my controller across the room :p

Some of the highlights of the night for me:

I got my first Annihilation medal

OK, so it turned out that was my third, but I don't remember the first two. Also, that was a REALLY stupid place to pop my super and that sniper should have made me regret it.

I also scored a super-lucky double headshot snipe

Somehow, that didn't count for the Mission Control medal.

And my favorite part of the night. I think we had a decent win streak going at this point and had dragged this game of countdown out as far as it could go. 5 to 5. Next point wins. The other team plants inside, we try to push in to defuse, but get picked apart. I wish the Xbox's game clip feature captured party audio, because it was probably the best part. I don't remember exactly what was said, but we were basically consoling ourselves. Something along the lines of "Man, that was a good run. We almost had that one."

Then Malagate says, "Almost?"

Absolute clutch move with the sneaky disarm to win the game and continue the streak!

Pretty awesome night! Thanks again, guys!

-Disciple

More PvP Fun

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, July 18, 2019, 14:49 (1741 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Definitely a fun night!

Argent left after Mal went to bed; I said "don't leave now, we're about to go on a 6-game winning streak!"

He laughed, and said it wouldn't happen.

Disciple and I lost the next couple... then won a couple. Chickens joined us, and we won one more. Zero joined us, and we won a few more... and hit that 6-game streak.

I HOPE YOU REGRET ABANDONING US, ARGENT!

(Of course, then we lost 4 in a row, and quit for the night... but hey, that's not important!)

<3

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, July 19, 2019, 11:50 (1741 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Boo on me for missing this thread!! Yeah, I'm gonna edit my clip for that last round, because the preceding rounds were a poor showing, but I'll link it here when I'm done. It doesn't look like much, but it was only me and one defender, I think using the smoke bomb as a radar decoy is a vastly underutilized ability. I made his teammate back off at the last second from reviving him by putting a grenade on his ghost, and that was all the time I needed. Barely any shots fired.

The perfect night-night win. Let's do it again soon!!

~m

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread