This is amazing--Shattered Throne in 5:40! (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 22, 2019, 21:21 (1733 days ago)

This is absolutely incredible. I just cannot even imagine playing at this level.

Sweet Christmas

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, July 22, 2019, 21:33 (1733 days ago) @ cheapLEY

This is absolutely incredible. I just cannot even imagine playing at this level.

The POV we’re following in this video is incredible, but I also want to see what his 2 teammates were doing to melt both the Ogre and the final boss near-instantaneously O_o

Sweet Christmas

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 22, 2019, 21:40 (1733 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The POV we’re following in this video is incredible, but I also want to see what his 2 teammates were doing to melt both the Ogre and the final boss near-instantaneously O_o

I'd like to know that as well. They're both using Whisper on the final boss, but I don't understand how he went from 50% health to nothing basically instantly.

It gets crazier

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 05:43 (1733 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'd like to know that as well. They're both using Whisper on the final boss, but I don't understand how he went from 50% health to nothing basically instantly.

So apparently, while the Warlock was glitching down through the floor and flying through the whole first half of the dungeon, the other 2 players were legit completing the maze section. They had to complete it before the lead dude reached the Ogre boss. So they beat the maze in... ~4 minutes? Unreal.

It gets crazier

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 06:22 (1733 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I can barely even find the first symbol in four minutes! That’s wild.

Sweet Christmas

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 06:54 (1733 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The guy who posted the video replied to me on reddit:

“For ogre, tractor cannon and mountaintops (and one bottom tree nova bomb). For last boss, whispers.”

Can someone explain the insane warlock skating?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 04:49 (1733 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Space Magic.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 08:40 (1733 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

What did I just watch?!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 18:52 (1732 days ago) @ kidtsunami

That was insane. Also, I completely don't understand how he was using World Line Zero to launch forward like that, nor how he was perpetually floating in his Dawnblade super for the Slow Zone.

Ridiculously impressive. Wow.

This is amazing--Shattered Throne in 5:40!

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 20:54 (1732 days ago) @ cheapLEY

There is a glitch (feature? Copy DE right now Bungie, please!) where if you jump with Boost Glide and melee with a sword (it used to just be the Hive Sword, I think, but some other swords can replicate it), it launches you like you see in the video. I don't really know the specifics, but I saw that info in a comment in the reddit thread.

I also saw mention of being able to use the Warlock grenade that you can charge up to increase your glide by quite a bit somehow, but the player here wasn't doing that.

This is amazing--Shattered Throne in 5:40!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 08:04 (1732 days ago) @ cheapLEY

There is a glitch (feature? Copy DE right now Bungie, please!) where if you jump with Boost Glide and melee with a sword (it used to just be the Hive Sword, I think, but some other swords can replicate it), it launches you like you see in the video. I don't really know the specifics, but I saw that info in a comment in the reddit thread.

I also saw mention of being able to use the Warlock grenade that you can charge up to increase your glide by quite a bit somehow, but the player here wasn't doing that.

The basic mechanic, as I understand it, is that the Warlock glide inherits your current momentum. That’s why it usually feels so slow; because the movement speed in Destiny is so slow, and the warlock’s jumps add no or very little momentum the way Titan and Hunter jumps do (Hunter jumps give a burst of speed *upward*, which doesn’t help much with traversal speed).

So the trick involves using the Exotic Braytec sword’s lunge move to generate a split-second burst of speed, and then immediately use the Warlock glide to maintain and carry that speed over great distances.

You can see a Hunter use this same trick to launch himself through the air while activating his Golden Gun in this video (at roughly the 20 second mark):

It's Official.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 14:59 (1731 days ago) @ cheapLEY

A PC player can complete the Shattered Throne faster than an Xbox One copy can load the damn character select screen.

Question--why did the timer start when they wanted it to, and not when they touched down like any other Destiny speedrun? I know that first door is at least ten seconds, and the Darkness Zone doesn't trigger until they get near the first island.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread