I had a very productive meeting with Shaxx yesterday (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 08:18 (1731 days ago)

HUGE thanks to everyone who let me tag along with them in comp so I could finally grind these out. Now that I don't have so much on the line, hopefully I won't be so prone to tilt during comp games and will be a little more excited about joining others in comp. If anyone on Xbox is solo grinding in comp and wants some backup, feel free to shoot me an invite (as long as you're not looking for good backup).

Also, Luna's Howl and Recluse feel really good to use. Luna's is a great, stable hand cannon even without its signature perk. Now that I have these two, though, I keep getting wrecked by Mountaintop. It's always going to be something :p

-Disciple

Congrats, man!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 10:12 (1731 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

I had a very productive meeting with Shaxx yesterday

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 10:24 (1731 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

HUGE thanks to everyone who let me tag along with them in comp so I could finally grind these out. Now that I don't have so much on the line, hopefully I won't be so prone to tilt during comp games and will be a little more excited about joining others in comp. If anyone on Xbox is solo grinding in comp and wants some backup, feel free to shoot me an invite (as long as you're not looking for good backup).

Also, Luna's Howl and Recluse feel really good to use. Luna's is a great, stable hand cannon even without its signature perk. Now that I have these two, though, I keep getting wrecked by Mountaintop. It's always going to be something :p

-Disciple

Nicely done!

Don’t sleep on Redrix’s Broadsword. It’s easy to overlook, since it doesn’t get as much love or attention as Luna/Recluse/Mountaintop, but it shreds in PvE, and with the right play style, it can be deadly in crucible.

Also, now that you’ve got Redrix, it will be added to the crucible loot pool for you. Keep an eye on the ones that drop for you; its possible to get a roll that is slightly better than the one Shaxx gives you. The unique perks are always the same, but you can get different barrels and different secondary perks, plus different masterworks. Keep an eye out for the Arrowhead Break barrel... it makes the recoil almost perfectly vertical.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 10:51 (1731 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Don’t sleep on Redrix’s Broadsword. It’s easy to overlook, since it doesn’t get as much love or attention as Luna/Recluse/Mountaintop, but it shreds in PvE, and with the right play style, it can be deadly in crucible.

I played around with it in PvE a bit yesterday but wasn't totally feeling it. It may just be because the Luna grind has got me in a hand cannon kind of mood.

Also, now that you’ve got Redrix, it will be added to the crucible loot pool for you. Keep an eye on the ones that drop for you; its possible to get a roll that is slightly better than the one Shaxx gives you. The unique perks are always the same, but you can get different barrels and different secondary perks, plus different masterworks. Keep an eye out for the Arrowhead Break barrel... it makes the recoil almost perfectly vertical.

That is really good to know. In fact, I wish I had known about it yesterday since I cleared out two stacks of crucible tokens before I knocked out the last two bounties I needed to get Redrix :p Oh well. I've still got two more stacks in my vault I can try my luck with.

-Disciple

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 11:25 (1731 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Thanks for talking up Luna’s Howl last night.

I got it a week before they changed it to 150, but I never took it into Crucible. I bought into the “they killed it!” narrative and sort of wrote it off, especially given how good The Recluse is.

You talking about it made me switch to using it Iron Banner last night, and damn, it’s still a great hand cannon. I did extremely well with it and I love the way it feels. I actually think 150 RPM is just a better feeling tempo than 180, but the recoil animations are too excessive, and Luna’s fixes that problem. It feels great!

Regarding Mountaintop—I think I’m going to pull out a Fighting Lion and start working on it, so feel free to join me.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 11:42 (1731 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Thanks for talking up Luna’s Howl last night.

I got it a week before they changed it to 150, but I never took it into Crucible. I bought into the “they killed it!” narrative and sort of wrote it off, especially given how good The Recluse is.

You talking about it made me switch to using it Iron Banner last night, and damn, it’s still a great hand cannon. I did extremely well with it and I love the way it feels. I actually think 150 RPM is just a better feeling tempo than 180, but the recoil animations are too excessive, and Luna’s fixes that problem. It feels great!

Maybe I just lucked out by not getting it pre-nerf. To be honest, I never understood the hate for that one. I definitely got killed by it, but it didn't ever seem unfair when it happened and it didn't seem to happen any more often than with other weapons. My first impression when using it was just, "Wow! This is a really solid hand cannon that feels great in a fight!" Unlike the Recluse where my first reaction was, "Holy shit! I should not have been able to kill that guy that fast at that range!"

Regarding Mountaintop—I think I’m going to pull out a Fighting Lion and start working on it, so feel free to join me.

I'm down! My K/D dropped dramatically yesterday when I started trying to get GL kills, but we don't necessarily need to win games to rack up kills, right? :p

-Disciple

by squidnh3, Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 12:05 (1731 days ago) @ cheapLEY

While Fighting Lion can be effective, it's pretty hard to get Double Kills with it, which is what will be the hardest part of the quest. Personally, I found a that running Invis Hunter, camping heavy with Play of the Game, and then running to a map chokepoint was the most efficient way of progressing the quest. Heavy doesn't spawn often enough in Comp to make the bonus progress worth it.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 13:16 (1731 days ago) @ squidnh3

While Fighting Lion can be effective, it's pretty hard to get Double Kills with it, which is what will be the hardest part of the quest. Personally, I found a that running Invis Hunter, camping heavy with Play of the Game, and then running to a map chokepoint was the most efficient way of progressing the quest. Heavy doesn't spawn often enough in Comp to make the bonus progress worth it.

Thanks, I'll try that. Have you used Wendigo at all? I think I'm going to get that grenade launcher today, so maybe I'll give that a shot.

I still need to cheese/grind that one.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 13:48 (1731 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread