Ferrum Musa Acuminata (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, July 25, 2019, 01:08 (1709 days ago)

Iron Banner is in full swing, our team had fun despite losing a bunch of games!

This last one was especially beautiful. Just look at this combination of Light wrecking havoc!

[image]
(Click to embiggen)

Done any good banana-ing this week? Share it with us!

Ferrum Musa Acuminata

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, July 25, 2019, 07:25 (1708 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Thought maybe I was invisible to be completely ignored by 2 supers in a row. Don't mind me guys, I'm just shooting you in the face.

Ferrum Musa Acuminata

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, July 25, 2019, 10:35 (1708 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I didn’t take any clips, but had a lot of fun running until 2am with some folks on Tuesday night. Got all the weekly bounties done, except for the ability kills one.

I only did it to get tokens to buy the shaders, but once I was done, I saw that those also require a Triumph for having this season’s IB gear, which isn’t going to happen. Shame, as those shaders are really neat!

IB Shaders are my new New Monarchy replacement

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, July 26, 2019, 07:09 (1707 days ago) @ cheapLEY

They look good on almost everything.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, July 26, 2019, 07:39 (1707 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I wish I could get them!

I might work towards them this week, but I sort of fundamentally hate that quest. I hate having to do very specific things in Crucible, as it means that I’m not focused on just playing the game, and instead just writing off a certain number of games while I focus solely on throwing grenades at people or whatever.

Actually, just typing that convinced me that I can live without those shaders, even as cool as they are. I told myself a long time ago that I wouldn’t do stuff I don’t want to anymore.

Destiny needs a trading system. Don’t raid but want the raid shader? Find someone who does raid, but doesn’t like IB and make a trade.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, July 26, 2019, 08:07 (1707 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I wish I could get them!

I might work towards them this week, but I sort of fundamentally hate that quest. I hate having to do very specific things in Crucible, as it means that I’m not focused on just playing the game, and instead just writing off a certain number of games while I focus solely on throwing grenades at people or whatever.

Actually, just typing that convinced me that I can live without those shaders, even as cool as they are. I told myself a long time ago that I wouldn’t do stuff I don’t want to anymore.

Steps 1, 2, and 5 are completed pretty naturally through normal gameplay and, aside from the sword kills requirement, 4 doesn't ask for anything too crazy besides just playing with something other than hand cannons and pulse rifles for a bit. Next IB, though, they'll fix step three so you shouldn't have to go out of your way to get it done. Also, if you want a hand with that step, let me know. I think I finished that part for my Warlock before I finished my melee and super kills by loading up on ordnance mods and handheld supernova-ing everything. Now I've got to go back to playing on my Warlock anyway (just finishing all of her IB bounties to knock out the triumph for completing all of the bounties on three characters in one week) so I can definitely contribute some team grenade kills.

-Disciple

by cheapLEY @, Friday, July 26, 2019, 09:24 (1707 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I’m certainly willing to play some more Iron Banner. I had fun the other night. That quest is what makes it not so fun. If most of it can happen pretty naturally, I’d love to try and get it done.

IB: Le Monarque Edition

by cheapLEY @, Friday, July 26, 2019, 22:19 (1707 days ago) @ Ragashingo

We went full troll tonight, running as a six stack, three or four of us running Le Monarque. I love that bow more and more every time I use it!

A little messy, but it works:

Gotta love shutting down those Titans:

Just keep lining 'em up! (Start at 0:40)

And a bonus of me forgetting that I switched to Blade Barrage from Tether, and it still works out anyway:

Thanks all for helping me finish off Mountaintop

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, July 27, 2019, 07:55 (1706 days ago) @ cheapLEY

[image]

And this was just about the first thing I did with it:

Good jorb.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, July 27, 2019, 10:15 (1706 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Get used to that...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, July 27, 2019, 11:15 (1706 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Especially if you play with me.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, July 27, 2019, 11:21 (1706 days ago) @ Korny

I’m really good about stepping in front of a teammate’s grenades and rockets.

"Everybody falls the first time."

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, July 27, 2019, 11:22 (1706 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Mild Annoyance.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, July 27, 2019, 12:11 (1706 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Ya'll look like ya had a blast. Good for you. You may notice that I have titled this "Mild Annoyance". You may then conclude; "Why INSANEdrive, you rambunctious rapscallion, do you find offense in our merriment?", as you no doubt would say. For which I must reply with haste; No! It 'tis not that. I am most pleased for you, my fellow comrades, in your completion upon competition in this prestigious contest of the Iron Banana, for which I must add is a most peculiar name. No! My joy for you is enhanced even more with what is that I see on display before me. To observe your creation of the finest team based french style blueberry juicing brings me a fair degree of joy, as well as a touch of melancholy. You see, I know I missed chance to come along upon this merriment I see before me. That you had invited me to these contests of play, and that I - no doubt due to have been whisked away in step from my portal of pictures - had missed such an invite. And I say on to you, my mild annoyance is with Xbox. I did not know there was an invite in till many hours later upon the dawn, when all was far too late. Woe on to me. Woe... Woe. Woe.

*Anaand...Scene*

:P (That was way more fun to write than I am prepared to admit. LOL.)

Mild Annoyance.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, July 27, 2019, 15:06 (1706 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I have been having some weird issues with invites and messages on Xbox lately. ManKitten and I ran some Nightfalls with Zero the other night. He was without a mic and was sending us messages. I’d see the notification on the bottom of the screen, but when I activated it, nothing would come up. No messages from him anywhere. Then they all showed up yesterday. Same thing has happened with some invites.

If you want to join, I’d be up more some more Iron Banner tonight. We can probably get another team going.

Mild Annoyance.

by Zero @, Florida, Saturday, July 27, 2019, 21:11 (1706 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Oh! Those messages are actually party specific messages! A while ago they added text chat to parties and that's what I tend to use when I can't talk quite yet so everyone in the party knows what i'm saying instead of just one person.

My view of that last one

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, July 27, 2019, 08:54 (1706 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread