Highlighting two broken things in crucible (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Sunday, July 28, 2019, 10:05 (1724 days ago)
edited by unoudid, Sunday, July 28, 2019, 10:19

Playing IB last night and happened to catch a clip showing two extremely broken things at once. Being a hunter main, this makes me sad.

This clip highlights how easy the bottom tree striker Titan super is with OEM.

The other thing this highlights is how bad the spawn points are on The Dead Cliffs. When you control B+C you can spawn camp A.

I pulled off 8 super kills during the same super since they were spawn trapped.

Highlighting two broken things in crucible

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, July 28, 2019, 10:21 (1724 days ago) @ unoudid

I hadn't ever really noticed an extreme problem on Legion's Gulch.

Midtown, on the other hand, is completely broken. It's the worst map Bungie has ever made in terms of spawns, as far as I can remember, and that's saying something. Last night I was at A, where we started the match. I pushed down the street to C, and there were obviously enemies there. I killed one and retreated back to A, only for the guy I had just killed to spawn literally right behind me and kill me. We controlled A, and they still controlled C. In what world should the enemy spawn at A?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Sunday, July 28, 2019, 10:25 (1724 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Midtown is the worst.

I originally put the wrong map name in. The Dead Cliffs is the map I had the super spawn trapped in. Legion's Gultch is not that bad even though spawns are still somewhat wonky there on B.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, July 28, 2019, 11:19 (1724 days ago) @ unoudid

Oh, yeah, Dead Cliffs is nearly as bad as Midtown. If you get trapped on A, you honestly might as well just quit. If you’re lucky, you can maybe sneak over to C, but the enemy has to be really clueless to allow it.

by Harmanimus @, Sunday, July 28, 2019, 13:49 (1723 days ago) @ unoudid

OEM doesn’t do anything while you are in super. That’s literally just bottom tree striker being broken.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, July 29, 2019, 08:12 (1723 days ago) @ Harmanimus

OEM doesn’t do anything while you are in super. That’s literally just bottom tree striker being broken.

I was told to use the bottom tree in crucible because it was more broken than Spectral blades. I only half agree. I would agree that strikers have more potential for kills, but that SB lasts longer in general (I honestly don't know the stats but it feels like it). As for actually killing them, I honestly think it's easier to kill a striker than SB. Not to mention it's way easier to dodge a striker by jumping than SB. Strikers have to be pretty close to level with you to shoulder charge and it takes them longer to gain elevation than hunters (tell your friends). I can out run a SB if I'm not already in close proximity, but when I am I'm screwed, nothing I can about it.

Don't get me wrong, I think they should tone down the bottom tree of striker for PvP not PvE, but IMO Spectral blades has been broken in PvP for a long while now. *shrug*

by Harmanimus @, Monday, July 29, 2019, 16:59 (1722 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

If the health regen for melee kills for bottom tree didn’t trigger on super kills I would agree they are less durable. But you can’t focus down someone as easily when they keep getting heath back. The excessive damage reduction on supers doesn’t help the “unbalanced” feel. With 4 fully MW armor pieces allowing for an exotic you get 68% damage reduction (not against abilities) which makes hand cannon rounds hit like they are auto rifles.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 06:34 (1722 days ago) @ Harmanimus

If the health regen for melee kills for bottom tree didn’t trigger on super kills I would agree they are less durable. But you can’t focus down someone as easily when they keep getting heath back. The excessive damage reduction on supers doesn’t help the “unbalanced” feel. With 4 fully MW armor pieces allowing for an exotic you get 68% damage reduction (not against abilities) which makes hand cannon rounds hit like they are auto rifles.

I honestly didn't realize that Reversal actually worked in super because whenever I use my super I'm in constant fire anyway. And because they took away the minor heal on kill, it only starts regen. Yeah, that can definitely make a difference.

I guess for me is that Spectral blades is so hard to hit because I honestly don't know what I'm shooting at and it's really easy to lose track of them. For striker it's very obvious :D

Why did spamming melee not drain the super?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, July 29, 2019, 06:09 (1723 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Why did spamming melee not drain the super?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, July 29, 2019, 08:01 (1723 days ago) @ kidtsunami

It does drain the super, they just lowered how much shoulder charge in the super drains the super (by like 1/5) compared to ground pounding. It also lasts much longer because it gains super energy back on kills. Thus, it seems like it's not draining any super.

Read: "Broken"

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, July 29, 2019, 12:44 (1722 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Read: "Broken"

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, July 29, 2019, 13:01 (1722 days ago) @ Beorn

Have people always been bitter about this subtree since they changed it or was there another change that made it even better? Because as I recall, this change happened quite some time ago.

I'm honestly curious because I haven't been in the PvP game in a while...

It’s actually less broken than it was...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 29, 2019, 14:28 (1722 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Back when the Whisper quest came out it was possible to keep the Super going as long as you were getting kills. Now, each kill (past a certain amount I think) gives back progressively less Super energy. It is largely the same mechanic with the same progressively less return as the Solar Warlock that gets Super energy back on kills. Just without the long range homing projectiles or ability to self heal by simply holding crouch.

It’s actually less broken than it was...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 06:21 (1722 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Back when the Whisper quest came out it was possible to keep the Super going as long as you were getting kills. Now, each kill (past a certain amount I think) gives back progressively less Super energy.

I mean, this means nothing in PvP because you will never get that many kills for it to hit that point. That starts becoming noticeable at around 8-10 kills.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread