Shadowkeep delayed until October 1st (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 10:17 (1728 days ago)
edited by bluerunner, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 10:24

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/48032

Raid is October 5th (a Saturday!).
Moments of Triumph remain until September 17th.
We get an extra Iron Banner.
Cross saves coming "later this summer".

Shadowkeep delayed until October 1st

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 10:23 (1728 days ago) @ bluerunner

Well, huh.

Bummed to wait, happy that they’re giving it the time they think it needs. Cool to see moments of triumph extended. Will the Solstice also be extended?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 10:28 (1728 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Nothing about Solstice yet. I've had a busy summer so I am glad to get a little more time to catch up on some quests and hopefully get some raid drops I am missing. I also woild love for you guys to carry me through competitive so I can wrap up quests there.

Also, this is funny:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/ckoxvv/im_gonna_be_late_to_shadowkeep/evpru9e

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 13:20 (1728 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Well, huh.

Bummed to wait, happy that they’re giving it the time they think it needs. Cool to see moments of triumph extended. Will the Solstice also be extended?

Moments of Triumph are being extended until September 17; since the last two are directly related to the Solstice, I would say 'yes'.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 22:50 (1728 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Moments of Triumph are being extended until September 17; since the last two are directly related to the Solstice, I would say 'yes'.

I hope they confirm one way or another. If it isn't extended, you have to have purple armor by next week for Shattered Throne to Masterwork it. If they extend it, we'll get another shot at it the last week in August.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, August 02, 2019, 00:25 (1728 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I hope they confirm one way or another. If it isn't extended, you have to have purple armor by next week for Shattered Throne to Masterwork it. If they extend it, we'll get another shot at it the last week in August.

If it's like last year's armor, once you get it brought up to legendary, you can masterwork it any time. It doesn't have to be done during the event.

-Disciple

Solstice of Heroes is NOT extended.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, August 02, 2019, 15:29 (1727 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I think this is dumb. :(

by Claude Errera @, Friday, August 02, 2019, 17:21 (1727 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

The Solstice already has the least amount of time of any of the Moments of Triumph - now we're extending the rest but not the Solstice itself?

It's available for 4 weeks at a time when half the damn world is on vacation. Would it really have killed them to have given us a couple of extra weeks?

by cheapLEY @, Friday, August 02, 2019, 17:36 (1727 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The Solstice already has the least amount of time of any of the Moments of Triumph - now we're extending the rest but not the Solstice itself?

It's available for 4 weeks at a time when half the damn world is on vacation. Would it really have killed them to have given us a couple of extra weeks?

The Shattered Throne thing sucks, too. Sure, make Masterworking your armor dependent on an event that happens in the second week and not again until the event is over.

Yeah, I guess you can Masterwork a different piece of the armor, fair enough. And it's likely we'll be able to Masterwork it after the event is over, but that's not a guarantee (as far as I know they haven't said anything). Counting on it to work that way just because it did last year will burn you as often as not when it comes to this particular video game.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, August 02, 2019, 18:03 (1727 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The Shattered Throne thing sucks, too. Sure, make Masterworking your armor dependent on an event that happens in the second week and not again until the event is over.

Yeah, I guess you can Masterwork a different piece of the armor, fair enough. And it's likely we'll be able to Masterwork it after the event is over, but that's not a guarantee (as far as I know they haven't said anything). Counting on it to work that way just because it did last year will burn you as often as not when it comes to this particular video game.

Yesterday's TWAB pretty much confirmed you won't need to complete the Masterworks during Solstice.

Note: While Moments of Triumph has been extended, Solstice of Heroes will end on August 27. If you wish to complete all Moments of Triumph, be sure to earn your Legendary Solstice set and Masterwork one piece before that deadline.

That's exactly what they required last year, and they allowed the rest of the Masterworks to be completed after Solstice ended.

+1

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, August 02, 2019, 19:15 (1727 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 10:29 (1728 days ago) @ bluerunner

Cross Save later this month:

Luke Smith publishing a “state of the game” next week.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 10:54 (1728 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 11:06 (1728 days ago) @ cheapLEY

What major changes ARE they making to shadowkeep?

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 11:13 (1728 days ago) @ Cody Miller

We don’t really know yet.

Adding Artifacts with some sort of unlockable perks that get reset every season and the perks get replaced with new stuff, as a way to test new abilities and things without having to worry about long term balancing issues.

Reworking armor perks and divorcing that from the cosmetic of the armor set, supposedly allowing for more build customization. No real details on exactly how that works.

Everyone will get all patrol zones for free, along with all strikes, Crucible maps, and strikes making it easier to get friends onboard without them having to buy all the DLC.

That’s all the major stuff I can think of that we know right now. I look forward to reading Luke’s piece.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 13:21 (1728 days ago) @ cheapLEY

We don’t really know yet.

Adding Artifacts with some sort of unlockable perks that get reset every season and the perks get replaced with new stuff, as a way to test new abilities and things without having to worry about long term balancing issues.

Reworking armor perks and divorcing that from the cosmetic of the armor set, supposedly allowing for more build customization. No real details on exactly how that works.

Everyone will get all patrol zones for free, along with all strikes, Crucible maps, and strikes making it easier to get friends onboard without them having to buy all the DLC.

That’s all the major stuff I can think of that we know right now. I look forward to reading Luke’s piece.

Finishing moves don't count as 'major'?

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 13:52 (1728 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I did forget about those. But no, I’m not sure I’d call them major. Guess it depends on what they are. Assassinations from Reach, or something more? I was thinking more about structural changes.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 15:35 (1728 days ago) @ cheapLEY

They are supposed to have direct, in-game effects. Similar to D16M’s Glory Kill/Chainsaw systems.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 15:58 (1728 days ago) @ Harmanimus

That’s interesting. I hadn’t heard that.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, August 02, 2019, 12:49 (1727 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It makes sense when you think about it. In a competitive game nobody would use them because it makes you vulnerable. But if there's some kind of perk or boost then it becomes a risk / reward gamble.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, August 02, 2019, 14:06 (1727 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It makes sense when you think about it. In a competitive game nobody would use them because it makes you vulnerable.

You must not remember my battle cry in Reach. Always humiliate, no matter the cost.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, August 02, 2019, 14:34 (1727 days ago) @ Korny

I was honestly thinking the same thing. Reach sort of disproves his point. I’m sure at ultra high levels of play, people didn’t risk the assassination, but saw them happen all the time. They honestly make sense in Destiny even without any real perks or benefits. The rule of cool is alive and well in Destiny.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, August 02, 2019, 15:15 (1727 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I was honestly thinking the same thing. Reach sort of disproves his point. I’m sure at ultra high levels of play, people didn’t risk the assassination, but saw them happen all the time. They honestly make sense in Destiny even without any real perks or benefits. The rule of cool is alive and well in Destiny.

I just hope they don’t cheat with emote style holograms.

Assassinations were my weakness.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, August 02, 2019, 15:26 (1727 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I HAD to do them. I thought they were SOOOO cool. I couldn't get enough of 'em. I curious to see the difference, if there is any for this case.

Assassinations were my weakness.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, August 02, 2019, 15:50 (1727 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I miss Theater mode. ):

Me too.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, August 02, 2019, 15:53 (1727 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Fingers crossed. Talk about the UI.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 12:20 (1728 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Then again, that may? be out of scope, but that's all I want for Halloween. The Data Management UI to not scare me.

Now counts as a Halloween title

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 11:13 (1728 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Now counts as a Halloween title

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 19:06 (1728 days ago) @ CougRon

._. ... *:D* I'm OK with this!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 12:16 (1728 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread