Halo Gametype and Map Migration reminder (Gaming)

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, August 07, 2019, 06:37 (1696 days ago)

Just a friendly reminder that 343 is doing a transfer of your entire fileshare so it can be brought into MCC. However, they will do 1 day, August 12 for gametypes on (so fill them up NOW), and then August 26 for Maps. Just a friendly PSA to get that done ASAP for Gametypes.

Bluerunner, we need invasion maps! Everyone else who has maps, please do it, even if you don't have MCC, so everyone can enjoy your creations!

Further note, this is Halo 3, halo reach and Halo 4.

Halo Gametype and Map Migration reminder

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, August 07, 2019, 06:46 (1696 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Just a friendly reminder that 343 is doing a transfer of your entire fileshare so it can be brought into MCC. However, they will do 1 day, August 12 for gametypes on (so fill them up NOW), and then August 26 for Maps. Just a friendly PSA to get that done ASAP for Gametypes.

Bluerunner, we need invasion maps! Everyone else who has maps, please do it, even if you don't have MCC, so everyone can enjoy your creations!

Further note, this is Halo 3, halo reach and Halo 4.

Get which done, now? I've got a few choice maps and gametypes from 3 and from Reach. But if they're already in my fileshares for those games, they're going to get sucked up in that mass import already, right?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, August 07, 2019, 06:49 (1696 days ago) @ Malagate
edited by Morpheus, Wednesday, August 07, 2019, 07:40

If they’re already there, yeah.

Any that aren’t, need to be.

I've been real lucky with Halo 3, I only have about 15 gametypes. Halo 4 is good, but there are so many modded content on there, I don't know what'll take and what won't.

Reach...is another story.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, August 07, 2019, 06:49 (1696 days ago) @ Malagate

Get which done, now? I've got a few choice maps and gametypes from 3 and from Reach. But if they're already in my fileshares for those games, they're going to get sucked up in that mass import already, right?

Correct, they will take anything in your fileshare that is a GAMETYPE on August 12. Then giving people time to change all the items in their fileshare to Maps (or if you only have a few as you seem they will already be in there) on August 26. They are doing it this way a) for background technicaly reasons and b) so you can fill up your fileshare with 1 type allowing you to upload 2x the amount.

by squidnh3, Wednesday, August 07, 2019, 08:14 (1696 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Well this is interesting news I wish I would have seen earlier, but I have hundreds of gametypes and maps in Reach so it's not much help.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, August 07, 2019, 08:23 (1696 days ago) @ squidnh3

Yea I really wish they could do a few days for Maps, as I am sure most have more than the slots allowed. Need to keep track on the Halo Waypoint site :)

by squidnh3, Wednesday, August 07, 2019, 08:33 (1696 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I'm trying to think of what gametypes I have that couldn't just be recreated. Like, what about the Bungie modded ones w/ Zero Bloom? That's not an exposed option, it's a back end script thing, so you'd always have to copy a Zero Bloom gametype if you wanted a new version. Didn't at some point Reach gametypes become editable on a PC? I might have some real weird ones, I'll have to review my spreadsheet.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, August 07, 2019, 10:20 (1696 days ago) @ squidnh3

Yea reach is` a big outlier because of how much it changed like that

I'm only uploading Trees of Life, Gibraltar, and Bounceagon.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, August 07, 2019, 08:20 (1696 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

- No text -

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 07, 2019, 12:47 (1695 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I've got stuff saved on an external hard drive I think. Maybe another thumb drive? How do I check and see what is in my file share?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 07, 2019, 15:07 (1695 days ago) @ bluerunner

Ok, I loaded up Reach on my XB1 and I have the two most played invasion maps in my file share: Sangheili Don't Surf and Aquavasion. I think eveything else may be on my 360. I will try and find it and upload any other maps I still have.

by squidnh3, Wednesday, August 07, 2019, 15:34 (1695 days ago) @ bluerunner

If you copy all your gametypes to the 360 cloud storage, you can access them through the current Reach emulator on the One. This is only for when Reach becomes part of the MCC.

Whats all this now?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 07, 2019, 13:43 (1695 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

First I've herd of this. Don't really follow much "343" stuff. Is this for 360...or what?

Whats all this now?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, August 07, 2019, 13:53 (1695 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

First I've herd of this. Don't really follow much "343" stuff.

Nobody does. Halo is dead.

Is this for 360...or what?

It's for MCC. 343 will scour your Fileshare from the 360 days, and bring over whatever stuff you have in Halo 3/Reach over to your Xbone/Windows account. It's a one-time deal, likely never to be repeated, so if you want any map/gametype copied over, these two days are your only opportunity.

360 you say? Ieeeeentresting.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 07, 2019, 14:23 (1695 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

A Little Over 24 Hrs. Left!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, August 10, 2019, 18:02 (1692 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy
edited by Morpheus, Saturday, August 10, 2019, 18:49

How's everyone coming?

H3 and H4 are done for me, since Halo 3 was so restrictive, and most of my Halo 4 career was matchmaking. Reach, however...I'm still combing through those, and it's not too convenient since you have to load all the saved items EVERY time you play a game. (POST EDIT: Oh, AND it doesn't load until you actually ask it to load manually.) However, I'm sorta-lucky since (nearly) all of the custom maps are in Forge World, so at least I don't have to load a different map each time. So far my only worry is uploading a gametype and missing a map that goes with it, but I'm making progress, I guess.

You guys?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread