Exo[tic] Squad (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, August 08, 2019, 07:00 (1716 days ago)

Who all is missing which exotics, or catalysts, that can be helped along by the addition of a focused fireteam?

Not that I'm the sherpa we need or deserve, but I'd like to get some Fireteam Builder events going for Exotic quest steps or Catalyst-chasing for folks who haven't gotten around to specific exotics. For things like One Thousand Voices or Anarchy, where RNG drops are the only way to achieve them, I'd suggest the fingers-crossed kind of Raid runs take a backseat to more guaranteed drops/completions (Acrius, Outbreak Prime), but I suppose the best course of action is to take stock of the need/desire first and then try to aim for center mass initially, and proceed from there.

Personally, the things I'm after are as follows:

Masterworked Outbreak Prime: (needs Heroic Zero Hour runs, thank-you's to Nevin in advance)
Telesto Catalyst: (needs Eater of Worlds runs, I believe)
Sleeper Catalyst: (needs Spire of Stars runs)

I recognize the catalysts for Telesto and Sleeper fit into the RNG-based pool, as well, so I'm happy to wait until we've helped others out. For others, I've mainly in mind things like Malfeasance, which requires at least one Army of One medal in Gambit, or several from one's fireteam; or the Legend of Acrius masterwork, which requires a Prestige Leviathan run (which is still bugged, AFAIK, but was 1,000% worth the heartache and frustration in the end). Also the Lumina quest, which requires Rose being used in the fireteam to accelerate the progress, etc. etc. But you get the idea. Anyone interested?

In short, Yes.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, August 08, 2019, 07:28 (1716 days ago) @ Malagate

But my life and how Destiny fits in is complicated recently so I haven't been playing much. However, I know I have plenty of "kill X enemies by doing X" with several of my exotics so I'm just I can just hop into a party with you guys.

Exo[tic] Squad

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 08, 2019, 07:36 (1716 days ago) @ Malagate

I'm interested. Things I need/want:
- 1k Voices
- Anarchy
- Acrius catalyst
- Sleeper catalyst
- Toast emote
- Fabled in competitive

Exo[tic] Squad

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, August 08, 2019, 07:44 (1716 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm interested. Things I need/want:
- 1k Voices
- Anarchy
- Acrius catalyst
- Sleeper catalyst
- Toast emote
- Fabled in competitive

Same, across the board, with the exception of the Acrius Catalyst. I've gotten all the work done for Mountaintop with the exception of hitting Fabled again (did it last season for Recluse).

I'd say Sunday is the soonest I can commit the time to Raiding.

Exo[tic] Squad

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 08, 2019, 08:13 (1716 days ago) @ Malagate

Right now I need

• Rat King—haven’t even started the quest
  • Outbreak Prime catalyst—haven’t done a Heroic Zero Hour at all
  • Acrius—I think I’m on the Arms Dealer step
  • Truth—I need one more 100 handicap Nightfall and then whatever’s next
  • Lumina—I think I need to do the Blind Well/Forges/EP thing, then the fireteam stuff
  • any catalyst—I don’t have many of them, and I think Fighting Lion is the only one I have done. I need to figure out which ones are actually worth chasing and where they come from at some point.

I’m willing to help people when I can, but right now my priority is Crucible. I’m nearly to 3 resets, and with two more chances at increased Valor, this seems like the right time to get Redrix done. I’m currently on the step to play 25 games of quickplay, comp, and rumble. Then I’ll need 20 bounties, which I can just start stockpiling.

I also need like 8 Gambit matches and all the EAZ stuff for my blue armor. I’d like to get at least one set done. I have the day off, so I might just grind that out and be done with it.

Exo[tic] Squad

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, August 08, 2019, 08:24 (1716 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I need to figure out which ones are actually worth chasing and where they come from at some point.

I've been using this to figure out where to hunt for catalysts.

-Disciple

Exo[tic] Squad

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, August 08, 2019, 08:21 (1716 days ago) @ Malagate

I'd love to knock out the steps for the Outbreak Perfected catalyst. That one is definitely at the top of my list.

Everything else I need is RNG. I just got my first crucible masterwork (Jade Rabbit), so I still need Suros, Vigilance Wing, and Colony. I'm not even going to consider the possibility of getting the MIDA catalyst. I'm missing all the prestige Leviathan raid catalysts (Acrius, Telesto, Sleeper), and a few strike/nightfall catatlysts (Rat King, Hard Light, & Riskrunner). I assume the odds of getting those are higher in nightfalls than in normal strikes, but once I hit max power level, I have no motivation to keep running nightfalls.

Thanks to this post, though, I just realized the Skyburner's Oath catalysts isn't a Spire of Stars drop (that was the only place I had seen it drop) and I can farm it next time I'm farming Engineers in the EAZ.

-Disciple

Acrius Catalyst

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, August 08, 2019, 09:35 (1716 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I'd love to knock out the steps for the Outbreak Perfected catalyst. That one is definitely at the top of my list.

Everything else I need is RNG. I just got my first crucible masterwork (Jade Rabbit), so I still need Suros, Vigilance Wing, and Colony. I'm not even going to consider the possibility of getting the MIDA catalyst. I'm missing all the prestige Leviathan raid catalysts (Acrius, Telesto, Sleeper), and a few strike/nightfall catatlysts (Rat King, Hard Light, & Riskrunner). I assume the odds of getting those are higher in nightfalls than in normal strikes, but once I hit max power level, I have no motivation to keep running nightfalls.

Thanks to this post, though, I just realized the Skyburner's Oath catalysts isn't a Spire of Stars drop (that was the only place I had seen it drop) and I can farm it next time I'm farming Engineers in the EAZ.

-Disciple

I think the best way to do the Acrius Catalyst is to just do the Castellum and then just keep going with the encounters until you don't want to do it anymore. Just doing a couple a week will make you progress. most of the encounters, even on prestige, aren't all that hard with the weapons and abilities we have now.

The Catalyst is super helpful. It probably more than doubles it's DPS. I got it on my 4th run, and my brother got it on the very first encounter (screw him). So just keep chugging along!

Acrius Catalyst

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, August 08, 2019, 10:49 (1716 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I think the best way to do the Acrius Catalyst is to just do the Castellum and then just keep going with the encounters until you don't want to do it anymore. Just doing a couple a week will make you progress. most of the encounters, even on prestige, aren't all that hard with the weapons and abilities we have now.

The Catalyst is super helpful. It probably more than doubles it's DPS. I got it on my 4th run, and my brother got it on the very first encounter (screw him). So just keep chugging along!

I got mine on my first full Prestige completion. I thought all you had to do was beat Calus in Prestige mode and it was a guaranteed drop..?

Exo[tic] Squad

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, August 08, 2019, 11:31 (1716 days ago) @ Malagate

My only current active quest (that I'm interested in) is Truth. I need 1 more nightfall with a few rocket kills.

Otherwise, I'm always down for joining a group as I need all of the major exotics.

Exo[tic] Squad

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 08, 2019, 13:24 (1716 days ago) @ Malagate

Need zero hour.

Plus every catalyst known to man.*

*except Crimson

Exo[tic] Squad

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 08, 2019, 13:42 (1716 days ago) @ Malagate

Anyone interested?

Ohhhh yeah. As of this post (according to https://destinysets.com );

Of the Exotic Weapons I DO have, I need to complete the catalysts for...

• Sturm
  • Rat King
  • The Jade Rabbit
  • SUROS Regime
  • Coldheart
  • Worldline Zero

Of the Exotic Weapons I DO have, I have yet to get the catalysts for...

• MIDA Multi-Tool
  • Izanagi's Burden
  • Outbreak Perfected
  • Merciless
  • Skyburners Oath
  • Hardlight
  • Telesto
  • The Prospector
  • Legend of Acrius (I also need a certain 120(?) point achievement)
  • Sleeper Stimulant

The Following RAID Exotic Weapons I do not have...

• One Thousand Voices
  • Anarchy
  • Tarrabah
  • Toast emote

The Following Non-RAID Exotic Weapons I do not have (though I may or may not be working on)...

• Jötunn
  • Truth
  • Wavesplitter (Xbox)
  • Arbalest
  • Thorn

Anything else?

• Fabled in Competitive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments: Thus far I've only raided with DBO. No LFG. The reason for this is simple; I like to have fun in raids as I battle my own 'bouts of incompetence that some of these raids seem to exercise. So that last thing I need is some unknown to exacerbate such, plus the effect team dynamics. This means for me, the Raid Exotics and Catalysts are by far the most rare of them all. Truly truly exotic. If I was to get any of them, yes even Tarrabah, I would be ecstatic.

Exo[tic] Squad

by Oholiab @, Thursday, August 08, 2019, 19:49 (1716 days ago) @ Malagate

I have a host of exotic quests that I could work on! I’ve actually forgotten what most of them reward. However I’m most interested in obtaining Lumina (sp?), and I’m at the step where I need to use the Rose in activities to progress. And apparently my favorite Destiny activity- solo patrol - does not a count as an activity...

I don’t play much these days, and I usually don’t have a mic, but I would love to help and be helped if it works out.

Very excited for cross-save and helping y'all out

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, August 09, 2019, 04:55 (1715 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

Exo[tic] Squad - Spreadsheet

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, August 09, 2019, 08:17 (1715 days ago) @ Malagate

Spreadsheet to track needs/wants started here. Editing is open, so don't FUBAR the data, eh? Separate tabs exist for Needs/Wants and Requirements, so we can hopefully determine where the effort is best spent to have the most efficient effect. Feel free to patch holes in the data.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nMAUGgAhRkTh5Z8dU561EJ594LkqCYPZKZk50oOFuGU/edit?usp=sharing

As stated, I'm looking to mainly focus on the exotics/catalysts that are most helped by a fireteam's involvement, so I've left out the RNG drops other than Raids/Forges. While I'm happy to spearhead this effort, I'm also completely open to suggestions if anyone has feedback. At the very least, there's probably a slightly better way to organize the second tab. Feel free to add yourself if you aren't already included, and please tweak your own info if I have something wrong or incomplete. Over time we can update as things get done.

Cheers!

Exo[tic] Squad

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Saturday, August 10, 2019, 17:05 (1714 days ago) @ Malagate

I'm in.

Exotic Quests:

• Malfeasance (Corrupted strike)
  • Thorn (Nightfall)
  • Truth
  • Lumina

Exotic Catalysts Needed:

• Sleeper
  • Telesto
  • Outbreak Perfected
  • Acrius (Prestige)
  • ... probably more

Exotic Catalyst in work:

• Whisper

Add your info to the spreadsheet!

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, August 12, 2019, 07:47 (1712 days ago) @ SteelGaribaldi

- No text -

Exo[tic] Squad

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, August 10, 2019, 22:45 (1713 days ago) @ Malagate
edited by Morpheus, Saturday, August 10, 2019, 22:55

Now that you mention it, I actually do have some stuff I'd like some help on.

I need help with the Whisper Catalyst(come to think of it, which elemental burn would work out best for that challenge?), the Catalyst for (shudder) Outbreak Prime, I also need Prestige Leviathan done(again), and even though it's not Exotic, I'd appreciate some friends to help boost Windego on a Heavyweight day.

And also embarrassingly, since there's apparently not a single person in the entire universe that visits the Hallows and it's physically impossible to do it alone, I also need a little help completing the Heroic version of the Spire Integration Public Event.
smh.

POST EDIT: Also, while I'm here--Mote Thief. This is more a battle of wills; every time I even look at the Gambit icon I start tasting blood. A fireteam would be great with that, too!

Update the spreadsheet and let's get on it!

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, August 12, 2019, 07:48 (1712 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Spreadsheet Updated

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, August 12, 2019, 16:28 (1712 days ago) @ Malagate

Honestly don't know what half of that stuff is. lol I'm out of the loop.

I do want my Juju and Truth back, though. ;-)

Exo[tic] Squad - Suggestions

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, August 12, 2019, 16:57 (1712 days ago) @ Malagate

This list is great! Thank you for making it.

I would like to offer some QoL suggestions for your consideration concerning color coding and verbiage (since it seems to auto color based in what is typed in).

Green = Have This
Yellow = Working on This
Red = Need Questline
Blue = Really Want This

XOXO
ManKitten

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 06:41 (1711 days ago) @ ManKitten

This list is great! Thank you for making it.

My pleasure! I've learned a little bit more about formulas in the process, so that's even better.

I would like to offer some QoL suggestions for your consideration concerning color coding and verbiage (since it seems to auto color based in what is typed in).

Green = Have This
Yellow = Working on This
Red = Need Questline
Blue = Really Want This

Agreed. I've incorporated these changes and archived the old version.

A bunch of us attempted the Castellum in Prestige Leviathan last night and were able to clear it, but nobody got the Acrius Catalyst. Womp-womp. We then went into Menagerie with Rat Kings though, which was fun (at least *I* had fun!). For everybody saying it's impossible to hit anything with that high RoF when Rat Pack gets above 3x, completing the Catalyst does address that. In addition to the healing on Vermin proc, it buffs recoil direction and aim assist. It goes from practically spraying away all your ammo to being able to consistently crit at range; which makes it awesome for a Lunafaction Well.

I also learned that carrying a sword in the Riposte is absolutely the way to go. I was shocked at how quickly the knights and ogres fell when teammates would break the shield and I'd launch in and swing my Steel Sybil. Tasty!

I wonder if the Bungie API allows for stat tracking across clans...being able to pull the same data we're aggregating in the spreadsheet and display it in different ways would really be amazing, especially if/when we get cross-platform clan support...

~m

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 15:14 (1710 days ago) @ Malagate
edited by Pyromancy, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 15:18

I wonder if the Bungie API allows for stat tracking across clans...being able to pull the same data we're aggregating in the spreadsheet and display it in different ways would really be amazing, especially if/when we get cross-platform clan support...

~m

Here is another idea, Color code the text of people's names in Row 1 for their primary mode of play. Like Fireteam Builder Events

Xbox - Green
PS4 - Blue
PC - Red
Stadia - Orange/Pink/Purple?
Multi platform - Exotic Engram Yellow

(Last thing for you to consider, people may want to assemble, play the game with others, and achieve progress towards some weapons or goals, but may not want whatever stat tracking you are dreaming about or have their data API pulled, aggregated, and displayed. Please be considerate.)

Exo[tic] Squad

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, August 12, 2019, 21:55 (1711 days ago) @ Malagate

put myself in the spreadsheet and added rows for the whisper quest I need (i know *everybody* has it apparently) and the black armory key mold quest I'm on (I think it's for the exotic sniper, iganami's burden?)

Added Worldline Zero to the list

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 11:49 (1711 days ago) @ Malagate

I almost forgot about that one. I'm sitting at 3/5 bosses hit to finish that one off, but I'm only sure which boss it was on two of the three. This week is one of the two I'm sure I've already hit, but I'm down for a run if anyone needs it.

-Disciple

A question for the Exo[tic] Squad.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, August 17, 2019, 14:26 (1707 days ago) @ Malagate

So with the recent week of reveals involving all the Power Changes that will be landing late September(?)-October, I find my self far more eager to try and push for collecting these exotics before things become... harder? Or maybe less cheesier.

My question is, so now that we have this little group among our group, now what? Do we declare this in the Fireteam editor? Do we prescribe a time every week to try and get some exotic? Do we build teams? What ya'll thinking here? 'Cus I'm ready to go, but I'm not sure how I should go and make the call here. I made a fireteam thing for tomorrow just in case for what I presently have in mind, but I want to hear the group.

So right, Thoughts?

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, August 19, 2019, 11:53 (1705 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So with the recent week of reveals involving all the Power Changes that will be landing late September(?)-October, I find my self far more eager to try and push for collecting these exotics before things become... harder? Or maybe less cheesier.

My question is, so now that we have this little group among our group, now what? Do we declare this in the Fireteam editor? Do we prescribe a time every week to try and get some exotic? Do we build teams? What ya'll thinking here? 'Cus I'm ready to go, but I'm not sure how I should go and make the call here. I made a fireteam thing for tomorrow just in case for what I presently have in mind, but I want to hear the group.

So right, Thoughts?

I've attempted to cobble together some Prestige Leviathan Raids in the last week, with middling success. We've had a Skyburner catalyst and a couple exotics drop among the group, but no Acrius catalysts. A few folks have added progress to their Acrius quests, though. My thought would be to announce these in the FtB, and whoever's available/inclined can attack them that way. I'll probably continue to try and aim at the loot that the most people are missing, but I'm usually game for just about anything. I will be offline for the majority of this week, however.

~m

by cheapLEY @, Monday, August 19, 2019, 12:09 (1705 days ago) @ Malagate

I’m also down for pretty much anything. I’d like to actually get Acrius at some point. I’m on the Arms Dealer step I think.

Right now my main focus is on Crucible. I need two resets for Redrix and about 250 Sniper kills for Revoker. The next Iron Banner will probably take care of those, though.

Throw stuff at FtB, See it sticks. Will do!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, August 19, 2019, 12:49 (1705 days ago) @ cheapLEY

As essentially mentioned, with all the changes that shall be dropping it feels like a countdown of sorts to me against the unknown. Since it's essentially been established that all things are the most OP Bungie hopes we'll ever see, I really want to grind down hard on getting my three chances a week at the Raid Exotics. Starting with tomorrows reset (since I think it might be too short notice to do anything tonight), there are 6 weeks, or 18 total chances at RNG dropping the fabled loot we all seek.

Here is what I'm thinking:

For Last Wish, that means making the 7th Wish and giving Riven a quick overdose of lead and curds, capture the checkpoint on our three, and then relay race the night away.

[image]

For Scourge of the Past, it'll be a two parter. Fortunately this raid is generally less intense. I've only finished this raid once, so I don't know what the average time is for getting to this end part, thus I'm thinking a two part system. Part one is just getting to the end so that Checkpoints can be collected. Part Two is an evening of nothing but the last part of said raid.

[image]

...that's the dream anyway. Chances are that the hardest part will be finding 6 for the evenings, whenever they may be. :P

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread