Armor 2.0 livestream (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 09:58 (1710 days ago)
edited by bluerunner, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:06

Looks like it is starting about 15 minutes late.

www.youtube.com/bungie
www.twitch.tv/bungie
www.mixer.com/bungie

I’ll never understand . . .

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:05 (1710 days ago) @ bluerunner

Why do you say a stream is going to start at 10am, only to then throw up a ten minute countdown?

Enhancement Prism ಠ_ಠ ... more "currencies".

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:25 (1710 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

And Ascendant Shards are back.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:31 (1710 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

He mentioned Nightfalls specifically as important to getting these materials, but also called out that they don’t want a famine like was the case with Masterwork cores.

I like what little I’ve seen so far. Gotta go back to work, so I’ll gave to catch the rest later.

Looks like the glimmer cap has been raised

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:34 (1710 days ago) @ bluerunner

The Titan has 250,000 glimmer.

It was confirmed early on stream. 250,000 Cap. :)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:49 (1710 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

Yeah, I'm running about 20 minutes behind :p

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 11:07 (1710 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Overhead Numbers are gone. Shows class Icon & G-Tag.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 11:01 (1710 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

All vendor and raid armor updated to 2.0

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 11:14 (1710 days ago) @ bluerunner
edited by bluerunner, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 11:28

Just have to buy it or get it to drop again.

Sweeeeeeet!

Also exotics

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 11:18 (1710 days ago) @ bluerunner

Just pull them from your collections if you already have them.

I just realized...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 13:38 (1710 days ago) @ bluerunner

I need to get updated versions of the armor Sloane is selling before I go to the Moon. Especially the Titan armor with Lion Rampant. Time to space walk!

+1.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 15:30 (1710 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

That’s great!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 16:32 (1710 days ago) @ bluerunner

I’m legitimately excited to have a reason to run Escalation Protocol again, and I might actually open up the Forges on my other two characters.

Whats' the deal with EP armor that people are pumped about?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 06:08 (1709 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 06:38 (1709 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Because it looks cool, and with Armor 2.0, looks can actually matter to players, because they can adopt any look they want and still enjoy the Armor 2.0 functionality. Lots of folks loved the way it looked, but weren't satisfied with it in the end, because perks were limited and that made it virtually useless.

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 07:21 (1709 days ago) @ Malagate

Because it looks cool, and with Armor 2.0, looks can actually matter to players, because they can adopt any look they want and still enjoy the Armor 2.0 functionality. Lots of folks loved the way it looked, but weren't satisfied with it in the end, because perks were limited and that made it virtually useless.

as a warlock, I guess I'm good not farming EP then...
[image]

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 07:38 (1709 days ago) @ kidtsunami

as a warlock, I guess I'm good not farming EP then...
[image]

Yeah, meh.

But if what others are saying is true, we aren't really going to have to farm for it now, are we? Unless we want specific perks, I guess? Because the word is pulling from collections gets you a 2.0 version.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 07:48 (1709 days ago) @ Malagate

But if what others are saying is true, we aren't really going to have to farm for it now, are we? Unless we want specific perks, I guess? Because the word is pulling from collections gets you a 2.0 version.

This comment seems to imply that 2.0 legendary won't be available from collections.

That’s great!

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, August 16, 2019, 22:57 (1708 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I thought the new light program would open all the forges to everyone?

That’s great!

by cheapLEY @, Friday, August 16, 2019, 23:11 (1708 days ago) @ Vortech

I thought the new light program would open all the forges to everyone?

As far as I know that's not the case, but it's totally possible that I missed something.

That’s great!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, August 17, 2019, 08:56 (1707 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I was under the impression New Light does not cover any Forsaken content

Armor mods are not consumables

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 11:16 (1710 days ago) @ bluerunner

Only have to unlock them once.

Nice.

Best news.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 11:20 (1710 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Pic Dump.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 11:18 (1710 days ago) @ bluerunner

[image][image][image]
[image][image][image]
[image][image][image]
[image][image][image].

Season rank shown in top left corner

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 11:26 (1710 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I guess levels are gone and replaced with seasonal ranks.

Season rank shown in top left corner

by FyreWulff, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 20:29 (1710 days ago) @ bluerunner

I guess levels are gone and replaced with seasonal ranks.

Guessing that's their solution to number creep (if they intend to support D2 for a while, they'd start ending up at like.. level 412 or something)

Weapons of light back on the bubble

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 11:22 (1710 days ago) @ bluerunner

Pair that with Recluse...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 11:26 (1710 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

TL;DW (Stream Highlights At a Glance)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 12:39 (1710 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Armor 2.0 livestream

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 06:25 (1709 days ago) @ bluerunner

I like what I see there, but I'm sad to see they didn't do away with infusion. So I'm still going to be stuck using junk armor while I level up probably. Though maybe with ornaments that won't be a thing?

Also, they briefly hovered over the infusion box at one point and I grabbed a screenshot. Looks like max light is 960 or 980 (hard to tell from the screenshot). Of course since it's a development build that might not be the actual number that it ends up being.

Also, I don't think they mentioned it in the stream, but your light level is a function of the average of your different armor pieces plus a bonus from your artifact for the season.

Armor 2.0 livestream

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 07:07 (1709 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I like what I see there, but I'm sad to see they didn't do away with infusion. So I'm still going to be stuck using junk armor while I level up probably. Though maybe with ornaments that won't be a thing?

I think both with ornaments that may not be a thing, but apparently you can just pull from collections for an armor 2.0 version of the armor you're wearing? Even if it's at your current light, it will give you the added mod functionality, if I'm understanding things correctly. So the LL climb will still be real, but you can reap the benefits of the new system right away.

Armor 2.0 livestream

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 07:48 (1709 days ago) @ Malagate

I think both with ornaments that may not be a thing, but apparently you can just pull from collections for an armor 2.0 version of the armor you're wearing? Even if it's at your current light, it will give you the added mod functionality, if I'm understanding things correctly. So the LL climb will still be real, but you can reap the benefits of the new system right away.

Hmm, so pulling from collections will work again for all armor because of armor 2.0? I missed that. Though generally pulling from your collection doesn't give you something that's at the same light. You usually pay a penalty in reduced light, then a penalty in glimmer to infuse it back up. I'm glimmer-poor after the menagerie.

Armor 2.0 livestream

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 08:00 (1709 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Pulling from collections will not give you a 2.0 version, unless it’s an exotic. All Legendary gear will be 2.0, but you will have to go get it to drop again.

Armor 2.0 livestream

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 08:03 (1709 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by bluerunner, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 08:07

Pulling from collections will not give you a 2.0 version, unless it’s an exotic. All Legendary gear will be 2.0, but you will have to go get it to drop again.

Yeah, the exact phrasing they are using says that it is coming from vendors or drops. Even rewatching the stream, I can't find them saying you can pull it from collections.

Edit: Confirmed by Deej.

Mea culpa. Misinterpreted earier comments.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 08:09 (1709 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Elemental weapon "affinities" suck

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, August 15, 2019, 08:53 (1709 days ago) @ bluerunner

Most of what was revealed today about the new armor system was positive, but the weapon affinities are a huge limitation. Take a look at the affinities:

Arc: Shotgun, Machine gun, Sword, Bow, Pulse Rifle
Void: Grenade launcher, Sniper, Hand Cannon, Scout Rifle, Sidearm
Solar: Fusion Rifle, Linear Fusion Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Auto Rifle, Submachine Gun

Since perk types are limited to specific armor pieces (e.g. Scavenger Mods can only be slotted into Boots, Reloader mods can only be slotted into Gauntlets), it will be impossible to create a build that provides benefits to two weapons with different affinities.

Want to run a hand cannon/shotgun loadout? (e.g. Dust Rock/Luna) Tough luck - you can't add mods for both to a single piece of armor. Bungie only lets you add weapon mods for Bows or Pulse rifles if you want to have a shotgun loader mod.

Want to run a grenade launcher/submachine gun loadout? (e.g. Mountaintop/Recluse). Nope - Bungie won't let you do that either. You can only add mods for hand cannons, scout rifles or sidearms if you want to use a grenade launcher mod.

Running the raid and using a fusion rifle and grenade launcher? (e.g. Loaded Question/Swarm of the Raven). Sorry, no deal. You can have scavenger mods for one, but not both the way you can today.

This sucks. I want to build armor to benefit MY weapon loadouts, not Bungie's.

Elemental weapon "affinities" suck

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 10:13 (1709 days ago) @ Chappy

Yep, been reading about this on reddit. I can't say I really see the logic. All that does is take my carefully curated builds and make it harder for me to either keep them synergized the way I like, or even try something new based on my ideas and what I like to play with.

Luke's response to that issue:

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 16:46 (1709 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 18:28 (1709 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I looked through what perks were available with each element and for the most part I can build sets based on the weapon combos I like to use. I get that they want tradeoffs, but I dont know if this is how I would want them to do it. I guess I'll just have to play with it for a while.

I am going to hang on to some current armor that has perk combinations that won't be possible. At least the current armor will stay relevant for a while.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 18:46 (1709 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm not a big fan of ammo perks to begin with. Just fix the damn ammo economy. Seems silly to have to have a perk so I can consistently have ammo in my goddamn gun in a shooting game.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 18:54 (1709 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yep. Limited ammo is maybe ok for super weapons. See Mass Effect 2's heavy weapon slot, for instance. But running out of primary ammo always feels like busy work in games like Destiny. I'm not playing Rainbow Six here, where every bullet is important. I'm playing Destiny, where fun and action should be weighted far more heavily than ammo conservation... or whatever.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 20:57 (1709 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Yep. Limited ammo is maybe ok for super weapons. See Mass Effect 2's heavy weapon slot, for instance. But running out of primary ammo always feels like busy work in games like Destiny. I'm not playing Rainbow Six here, where every bullet is important. I'm playing Destiny, where fun and action should be weighted far more heavily than ammo conservation... or whatever.

I run out of energy and power weapon ammo, but I have only ran out of primary ammo in D2 when I was swapping weapons 3 or 4 times in a row. Do you regularly run out of primary? If so where? I haven't had that problem.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 21:07 (1709 days ago) @ bluerunner

I run out of ammo with Malfeasance all the time.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, August 16, 2019, 06:55 (1708 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yea it seems certain weapons are a bit worse. I was running a SIDEARM as the only primary ammo, and it was consistently running out on Tuesday.

Get your AFKing Forges in now!

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 15, 2019, 21:10 (1709 days ago) @ bluerunner

With all gear being auto-updated to 750, the days of idling through Forges for planetary materials will be gone. Go save up those materials now, if you care.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread