Steam Account Linking is Now Available (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 13:51 (1704 days ago)

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/PCMove

More importantly...

CROSS SAVE COMING TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

I just wish my Steam preorder gave me access to year 2 stuff now.

-Disciple

Cross Saves are LIVE!!!!!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 12:57 (1703 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Cross Save

Make sure you link you link your Steam and Battle.net accounts first (link in previous post).
I had some issues getting more than one account linked at a time in Chrome, but had no problems in Edge. Once you get past the account linking, the process is painless.

RIP PC Guardians and my beautiful PC Beta emblem. You will be missed.

-Disciple

Which internet browser do you suppose they use in-house?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 13:24 (1703 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k
edited by Pyromancy, Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 13:27

Cross Save

Make sure you link you link your Steam and Battle.net accounts first (link in previous post).
I had some issues getting more than one account linked at a time in Chrome, but had no problems in Edge. Once you get past the account linking, the process is painless.

-Disciple

Which internet browser do you suppose they use in-house at Bungie? Apparently that is the one I need to switch to. In the last 6-9 months I have had increasing amounts of issues with Bungie websites, applications, and internet browsers.
I have a copy of Chrome which I do not use, except for accessing Bungie websites (+ a few other sites that give me issue) since it seemed to work reliably despite being bloated, but now with the CrossSave site it is not working correctly for Authenticating multiple accounts.

Which one was the PC Beta emblem? Was it different than the console Beta Emblem?

I can't tell if I ever received the 'Universal Hero' emblem for having a linked BattleNet account since I had an account at the time but still don't play on PC (yet). When they accidentally gave the console players the PC emblem 'Universal Hero' image art mis-named onto the console emblem I thought they should have just provided both emblems to both platforms since the mishap lasted for a few weeks and caused a gray area between platforms.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 13:44 (1703 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Cross Save

-Disciple

Which internet browser do you suppose they use in-house at Bungie? Apparently that is the one I need to switch to. In the last 6-9 months I have had increasing amounts of issues with Bungie websites, applications, and internet browsers.
I have a copy of Chrome which I do not use, except for accessing Bungie websites (+ a few other sites that give me issue) since it seemed to work reliably despite being bloated, but now with the CrossSave site it is not working correctly for Authenticating multiple accounts.

I would definitely be surprised if it was Edge. I'm still amazed at how many Microsoft pages still tell me my browser is out of date when I try to open them in Edge. Someone mentioned this may be a caching issue, so the correct browser could just be "the one you never use" or it could be your browser of choice if you're willing to do a bit of spring cleaning first.

Which one was the PC Beta emblem? Was it different than the console Beta Emblem?

I can't tell if I ever received the 'Universal Hero' emblem for having a linked BattleNet account since I had an account at the time but still don't play on PC (yet). When they accidentally gave the console players the PC emblem 'Universal Hero' image art mis-named onto the console emblem I thought they should have just provided both emblems to both platforms since the mishap lasted for a few weeks and caused a gray area between platforms.

I thought the Universal Hero emblem was the PC Beta emblem, but I could be wrong. That was the one I was referring to, though. I got the notification that it was unlocked while playing on Xbox, but it was never actually available in my collections. :(

-Disciple

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 06:15 (1702 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Didn't Microsoft kind of kill Edge development shortly after launch, saying they're moving to an open source model based on Chrome or something like that?

My hiccup with enabling cross-saves was I had to unlink my PC accounts (which had no characters) before the system would allow me to authenticate two accounts at once.

Off-topic: last night out of curiosity I reviewed the legacy stuff on the PS4 (where the game walks you through D1 milestones, showing who you played with). Unless I disable cross-save I guess I'll never see my PS4 legacy again as it was overwritten by the Xbox stuff (even though it showed my PS4 gamertag). All other names were blank except for yours Disciple. You were present for a lot! [Guardian high five!]

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 08:57 (1702 days ago) @ Kermit

Didn't Microsoft kind of kill Edge development shortly after launch, saying they're moving to an open source model based on Chrome or something like that?

I think the switch to try and make a Chromium-based Edge was fairly recent. They just announced a public beta of the new version a couple of days ago.

My hiccup with enabling cross-saves was I had to unlink my PC accounts (which had no characters) before the system would allow me to authenticate two accounts at once.

I still think that might have been a browser thing. I was running into the same issue in Chrome, but was able to link PS4, Battle.net, and Steam to my Xbox account from Edge even though there was no save data for PS4 or Steam.

Off-topic: last night out of curiosity I reviewed the legacy stuff on the PS4 (where the game walks you through D1 milestones, showing who you played with). Unless I disable cross-save I guess I'll never see my PS4 legacy again as it was overwritten by the Xbox stuff (even though it showed my PS4 gamertag). All other names were blank except for yours Disciple. You were present for a lot! [Guardian high five!]

*High Five*

I have played this game way. too. much.

-Disciple

Edit: I should not have done the math. I've spent nearly five months in game.

There is always a Bigger Fish.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 10:06 (1702 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

-Disciple

This is your Current Time Heat Map (Xbox) -> [image]

This is a Current Top 10 Leaderboard Holding Player on Xbox -> [image]

It is more than double your time. One is still relatively healthy, and one is frankly absurd. There is more than one instance of this person playing Destiny for 24 Hours.

I wonder what those heatmaps would look like without idling.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 10:30 (1702 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

-Disciple

This is your Current Time Heat Map (Xbox) -> [image]

This is a Current Top 10 Leaderboard Holding Player on Xbox -> [image]

It is more than double your time. One is still relatively healthy, and one is frankly absurd. There is more than one instance of this person playing Destiny for 24 Hours.

There have been quite a few times where I've powered on the Xbox, sat through the title screen, chosen my character, and then gotten distracted by something I suddenly remembered needing to do. I've also spent a night wearing my white armor in one of the forges to get the lore pages, so that makes my total time seem less ridiculous, right? Right!?

Actually, I should probably do some more forge idling for mats before Shadowkeep so I can gamble Dusklight and Datalattice on Armor 2.0 sets.

-Disciple

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 10:44 (1702 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Edit: I should not have done the math. I've spent nearly five months in game.

I'm not far behind. I'm right at four and a half.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 10:15 (1702 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

The First Wave is the Beta Emblem. There was no specific PC Beta emblem. Universal Hero was for the 1 Year on Battle.net milestone. Funnier in hindsight.

Good to know!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 10:35 (1702 days ago) @ Harmanimus

The First Wave is the Beta Emblem. There was no specific PC Beta emblem. Universal Hero was for the 1 Year on Battle.net milestone. Funnier in hindsight.

Still going to miss that Universal Hero emblem :(
[image]

Chrome is basically THE browser now

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 11:15 (1702 days ago) @ Pyromancy

There are other browsers, but Chrome has ~65% of the market share, 2nd place is Safari with about 15% and that's not even on Windows anymore. So I would say it's safe to bet they make it for Chrome.

*These are from memory from me looking a few weeks ago, but I'm fairly certain they're accurate

People must really hate their ram. :P

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 11:24 (1702 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 11:45 (1702 days ago) @ Xenos

There are other browsers, but Chrome has ~65% of the market share, 2nd place is Safari with about 15% and that's not even on Windows anymore. So I would say it's safe to bet they make it for Chrome.

*These are from memory from me looking a few weeks ago, but I'm fairly certain they're accurate

I just searched and it said 59% chrome, 20% safari, and the rest were weirdos.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 11:49 (1702 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I use Firefox because fuck Google.

Lynx or bust!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 12:37 (1702 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

+1

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 13:10 (1702 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Un-necessary follow up

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, September 01, 2019, 13:18 (1692 days ago) @ Pyromancy
edited by Pyromancy, Sunday, September 01, 2019, 13:23

Unnecessary and late follow up
I was able to complete the CrossSave process of Authenticating multiple accounts later that day/night utilizing Chrome. During that day/afternoon time when it was having issues they must have still been working out a few bugs with the new system (The bungie/help twitter account said about as much).
I came back to the CrossSave site later that same night and it went through without a hiccup. ;)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread