Some new info: (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 20:12 (1709 days ago)

There was a small segment at Gamescom yesterday. Polygon has a decent write-up.

Most interesting to me is the Gate Lord's Eye Artifact and it's mods:

• Arc Battery, 5 Energy: Grants Overshield and reduced cooldown during activation for all arc class abilities
  • Heavy Finisher, 7 Energy: Finishers generate Heavy ammo. Requires one-half of your Super energy
  • Thunder Coil, 6 Energy: Grants bonus damage for all Arc melee abilities and refund Super energy on Finisher Final
  • Oppressive Darkness, 6 Energy: Causing damage with a Void grenade adds a weaken effect to enemies
  • Anti-Barrier Rounds, mod for Auto Rifles and SMGs: Shield-piercing rounds designed to bypass combatant defenses. Strong against Barrier Champions
  • Anti-Barrier Hand Cannon, mod for Hand Cannons: Shield-piercing rounds designed to bypass combatant defenses. Strong against Barrier Champions
  • Overload Rounds, mod for SMGs and Auto rifles: Uninterrupted fire grants bullets that cause disruptions, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering enemy damage output. Strong against Overlord Champions.

They also showed two new exotic armor pieces:

• Assassin’s Cowl Hunter helmet - Vanishing Execution: Defeating a Guardian with a melee attack or a combatant with a Finisher grants invisibility and restores a portion of health and shields
  • Phoenix Cradle Titan legs - Beacons of Empowerment: Your Sun Warrior benefit lasts twice as long once you create a Sunspot. Allies who pass through your Sunspot also gain the benefit of Sun Warrior

Someone on reddit also stitched together the new map of the moon from the brief shots of it:

[image]

Some new info:

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 08:58 (1708 days ago) @ cheapLEY

[*] Heavy Finisher, 7 Energy: Finishers generate Heavy ammo. Requires one-half of your Super energy

I'm kinda looking forward to a combat loop involving finishing with this, getting Heavy, killer with heavy + heavy gives extra super energy + friendly orbs. That could be kinda fun :D

[*] Phoenix Cradle Titan legs - Beacons of Empowerment: Your Sun Warrior benefit lasts twice as long once you create a Sunspot. Allies who pass through your Sunspot also gain the benefit of Sun Warrior

They try so hard to make sunspot better but I honestly can't see myself using it still.

[image]

Yes, that is a giant Ketch. I knew the fallen were going to be on the moon, but why did they land a ketch? Or was that thing taken down by the hive?

Some new info:

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 09:01 (1708 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

That’s the same Ketch that was there in Destiny 1. Draksis was in there. I remember farming him for exotics very briefly at one point when the drops were broken somehow.

They said previously somewhere that the Ketch was grounded. Don’t remember if they said who did it.

Wow, it's been so long.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 09:03 (1708 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Some new info:

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 09:39 (1708 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That’s the same Ketch that was there in Destiny 1. Draksis was in there. I remember farming him for exotics very briefly at one point when the drops were broken somehow.

Draksis was on Venus by the Cinders. This was Taniks's's Ketch, and now he truly has no house, since the Hive brought it down.

Some new info:

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 10:56 (1708 days ago) @ Korny

Oh, shit, you’re totally right.

I think I might revisit Destiny 1 tonight.

Some new info:

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 19:32 (1708 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Oh, shit, you’re totally right.

I think I might revisit Destiny 1 tonight.

Update: Destiny still rules.

Destiny 2 hand cannons are super whack--I miss Fatebringer. I shouldn't have gone back.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread