THAB 8/22/2019 (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 15:38 (1702 days ago)

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48088

TL;DR:

• Cross play is reuniting old friends lost to the console wars.
  • Speaking of reunions, watch this chat with Inside Xbox for a few new Shadowkeep details
  • Iron Banner and bonus Valor next week.
  • Mars Community challenge with cool emblem and menagerie rewards the week following IB.
  • Some cool Movies of the Week.

THAB 8/22/2019

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 16:36 (1702 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

That Mars event emblem looks cool.

One of those Braytech guns is the only thing I'm missing for Wayfarer, so I'm eager for that change so I can finally get it done.

Looking forward to the Mars event

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 17:12 (1702 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

The Mars event sounds like a lot of fun. I've definitely needed an excuse to go find some more of those music boxes, so that's a plus. I wonder if they'll have realtime stat boards on Bnet so that the community can see how close we are to each goal.

Three. Hundred. Million. Hive. Yeesh!

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 17:34 (1702 days ago) @ Beorn

Said on Twitter there won’t be but they will post updates

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 17:40 (1702 days ago) @ Beorn

300 million with 425 thousand activity completions = just over 700 per activity completion. Add in incidental destruction, etc for the sake of override frequencies and what not and I really don’t anticipate it will be that hard to reach 300 million.

THAB 8/22/2019

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, August 22, 2019, 21:46 (1702 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Hmm. So some people with Dictionary Attack usernames pull off the most impossible B.S. ever, and it's all recorded from the absolute slowest person's perspective. The whole thing reeks of Vive La Resistance from Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

I also like how the PC's pause menu is beyond instant. GG Bungie.

Standard shenanigans.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, August 23, 2019, 00:25 (1702 days ago) @ Morpheus

I mean, be skeptical. We all should be. But nothing in there is that far off point from what I would expect from highly practiced speedrunning shenanigans. None of the actual gameplay looks suspect from how PC tends to play.

Also, the menu thing is all hardware. Guy isn’t running a 5400 RPM platter drive.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread