No grenade launcher nerfs in Shadowkeep (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 29, 2019, 20:18 (1695 days ago)

I do suspect they will nerf auto reloading abilities that boost grenade launcher dps.

And great news for those of us still working on Mountaintop!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 29, 2019, 20:44 (1695 days ago) @ bluerunner

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/cx5ul9/this_week_at_bungie_8292019/eyivvow

• Wendigo GL3
o Grenade Launcher kills are worth 100% more for each objective
o Death Penalty no longer exist for the final objective
o Grenade Launcher multikills grant 50% more progress
o Completing Playlist strikes grants a significant amount of progress towards the final objective
And
• Mountaintop
o Required number of multi-kills has been reduced from 200 to 75
o Required number of medals has been reduced from 100 to 25
o Points earned in Competitive has been further increased relative to other pvp modes
o roughly 1x for Quickplay, 2x for IB, 3x for comp

So for multikills you need about 38% complete and doubles 25% complete already for it to unlock next week. As I am above those, I am excited!

No grenade launcher nerfs in Shadowkeep

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, August 30, 2019, 04:23 (1695 days ago) @ bluerunner

They're going to nerf Lunafaction and Rally Barricade so hard...

by Dust223, Friday, August 30, 2019, 10:56 (1694 days ago) @ ZackDark

It's really for the best

by Harmanimus @, Friday, August 30, 2019, 11:08 (1694 days ago) @ ZackDark

Only things I could think of is auto-reloading mechanics are replaced by much faster reloads or costing more ammo from reserve than a 1:1. Like a 1:2 cost or something.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, August 30, 2019, 11:35 (1694 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Only things I could think of is auto-reloading mechanics are replaced by much faster reloads or costing more ammo from reserve than a 1:1. Like a 1:2 cost or something.

I'd be happy with them going away completely.

I suppose just replacing those auto-reloads with an automatic Outlaw speed reload would be a decent middle ground. They could also toy with making Lunafactions work like Actium War Rig. Just have it slowly feed ammo into the bottom of the magazine, so you'll have to reload at some point but not as often. Doesn't really work with the current grenade launcher meta, but, eh, who cares? Might make it more workable as something that you don't just save for boss DPS. Big bosses are cool, but I want to see more mob based encounters. Where's my Oracles or Abyss equivalent? I don't really think we've seen one yet (the Whisper, Zero Hour, and Bad Juju quests are pretty close, especially Bad Juju).

It'll also mean Whisper of the Worm will return to a place of usefulness without being completely overpowered and broken. If they design encounters well, it'll be a legitimate tradeoff between quick bursts of very high DPS with Whisper, or the higher ammo capacity of something like DARCI. With some tuning, they might be able to justify moving Whisper in the Energy slot and free up a back-up heavy weapon slot.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, August 30, 2019, 12:16 (1694 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I completely forgot about War Rig. Given that people complained that Auto Rifles were viable for a minute and they haven’t been viable since. So no reason to run War Rig. And I would totally be down with it being a slow trickle. That would work. Even if it means that it would require an entirely different strategy to use single-shot Grenade Launchers (as a melee interrupt on reload should be faster than the full animation) I think it would be better overall regardless of which option is taken, though.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, September 03, 2019, 09:05 (1691 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I completely forgot about War Rig. Given that people complained that Auto Rifles were viable for a minute and they haven’t been viable since. So no reason to run War Rig. And I would totally be down with it being a slow trickle. That would work. Even if it means that it would require an entirely different strategy to use single-shot Grenade Launchers (as a melee interrupt on reload should be faster than the full animation) I think it would be better overall regardless of which option is taken, though.

I still use war rig exclusively in PvE. It basically extends your AR clip by 50% depending on the rate of fire.

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, September 03, 2019, 13:40 (1690 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I just like Armamentarium too much for my own good. Perhaps with 2.0 I will find more reasons to use other exotics.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Friday, August 30, 2019, 12:42 (1694 days ago) @ bluerunner

Note that this doesn't exclude a nerf to grenade launcher perks. I wouldn't be surprised if the spike grenades perk gets nerfed. while launchers themselves aren't otherwise touched.

(never forget rule #1 - Bungie lies).

ಠ~ಠ

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, August 30, 2019, 19:19 (1694 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

by squidnh3, Tuesday, September 03, 2019, 09:48 (1691 days ago) @ Chappy

I think it's more likely that they'll buff everything else, and raise enemy health. Not a nerf!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 03, 2019, 10:22 (1691 days ago) @ squidnh3

I think it's more likely that they'll buff everything else, and raise enemy health. Not a nerf!

Ah, the Winston effect. Bungie learned a lot more from Blizzard during their stay with Activision than I thought...

...because...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, September 03, 2019, 13:00 (1690 days ago) @ bluerunner

... apparently, Lunafaction Boots and Rally Barricades will be changed to "Increased Reload Speed" instead of "Auto-Reloading" in the next Sandbox.

Izanagi Start'n to look pretty good about now.

Granted, this may not be the only reason for no grenade launcher nerfs, or perhaps the reason at all, but I'd say it's a good chance.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread