Seasons may be a universal cross-account purchase. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, August 30, 2019, 18:38 (1699 days ago)

Interesting bit of info here:

If it all works out, it sounds like we’ll be able to save quite a bit of money!

Makes some sense.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Saturday, August 31, 2019, 09:23 (1699 days ago) @ Korny

If I had to guess, that's because DLCs are essentially retail SKUs, whether they're sold online or in physical copies.

Season passes, though, are essentially in-game purchases.

So while Steam, Microsoft, and Sony absolutely don't want a single SKU for all platforms of the title, if a season is an in-game item purchase, like an emote, it can be tied to an account that can be cross-saved.

Makes some sense.

by FyreWulff, Monday, September 02, 2019, 07:15 (1697 days ago) @ narcogen

It should be noted that you'd at least be able to buy the seasons via the web stores for both consoles.

Of course, this hopefully depends on not needing to actually sign into Destiny so that Bungie sees the purchase.. so if you're planning on running all 3 platforms, you might want to keep the original platform your account is from around so that you don't have to rebuy seasons. If you're switching to PC and never looking back, of course, it doesn't matter.

Seasons may be a universal cross-account purchase.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 03, 2019, 10:31 (1696 days ago) @ Korny

I don't completely trust Mr. Tassi. I want to see this from an official source.

It lines up with all the official sources.

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, September 03, 2019, 13:44 (1695 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Official Source :

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, September 03, 2019, 14:44 (1695 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

Awesome!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 03, 2019, 14:46 (1695 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

Wish I'd known that a month ago...

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 05, 2019, 09:28 (1694 days ago) @ Korny

I could have bought the regular edition of Shadowkeep on PS4, and saved myself $25. :(

Can I cancel it now? They've already collected the money for it.

Same

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, September 05, 2019, 10:33 (1694 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I definitely should have waited on that Steam preorder :(

-Disciple

You should be able to

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 05, 2019, 10:43 (1694 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Sony added the ability to cancel pre-orders before the release date. If a cancel button isn't in your order history next to the order just contact support.

No cancel button, but a chat with support worked! Thanks!

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 05, 2019, 13:11 (1694 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, September 05, 2019, 10:45 (1694 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Per Playstation.com’s legal section:

Pre-Orders

You may cancel a pre-order of digital content at any time before the release date and receive a refund. If the release date has passed, you can still change your mind and request a refund up to 14 days after payment was taken for the pre-order, provided that you have not started downloading or streaming the content to your device.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 05, 2019, 14:54 (1693 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Per Playstation.com’s legal section:

Pre-Orders

You may cancel a pre-order of digital content at any time before the release date and receive a refund. If the release date has passed, you can still change your mind and request a refund up to 14 days after payment was taken for the pre-order, provided that you have not started downloading or streaming the content to your device.

Out of curiosity, (and of course, if you don't mind sharing) what were you trying to cancel?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread