Bungie on Blomkamp (Off-Topic)

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 07:39 (3818 days ago)

Bungie Don't Sound Too Bummed Neill Blomkamp Never Made Halo - kotaku

"Bungie tends to be very strict about what can and can’t be done with its intellectual properties. The rule is: if it doesn’t expand upon the gaming experience in a meaningful way don’t do it."

I thought this quote was really interesting, because it seems to be the exact opposite of where 343 is going with Halo. There was the talk of the new TV show, there was Forward Unto Dawn, and even more non-gaming projects. I get the feeling their focus is on expanding the non-gaming side of Halo. (Which is fine.)

Then with Destiny, of course, there is the issue that our characters will be ours--we won't all be Master Chief. This would involve some concessions in story if it were transferred to another media.

Bungie on Blomkamp

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 07:42 (3818 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Completely unrelated, but this time-lapse of Los Santos is incredible: Los Santos Time Lapse -Kotaku

Holy cow

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 09:26 (3818 days ago) @ marmot 1333

- No text -

Bungie on Blomkamp

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 08:12 (3818 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Yeah this doesn't surprise me. To me this seems to be a big part of the reason that Bungie wanted to get out from under Microsoft. This way they have complete control over happens with Destiny.

Bungie on Blomkamp

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 12:37 (3817 days ago) @ marmot 1333

"Bungie tends to be very strict about what can and can’t be done with its intellectual properties. The rule is: if it doesn’t expand upon the gaming experience in a meaningful way don’t do it."

Yes, because the Halo Graphic Novel and other comics TOTALLY expanded upon the game experience in a meaningful way.

HGN did, IMO

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 13:47 (3817 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Yep. Second Sunrise is one of my favorite Halo stories.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 13:53 (3817 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Bungie on Blomkamp

by Miguel Chavez, Friday, October 18, 2013, 12:49 (3815 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I think that article was slanted. Not that I have any inside information, but I don't think they were *that* negative on it back then. Remember, we're talking Peter Jackson.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread