Yeah, so... (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 12, 2019, 00:57 (1687 days ago)

So this evening, thanks to the kindness (and skill) of a bunch of DBOers, I finally finished the Crown of Sorrow raid, which finished the Moments of Triumph seal. So I went to Bungie.net to buy the medallion.

Like all the other medallions, it costs $777,777, but finishing the seal gets you a discount code.

Unfortunately, this time, the store got a little wonky... the code decreased the cost of the medallion... but didn't adjust the tax.

[image]

THAT'S A SPICY MEATBALL!

LOL

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 12, 2019, 05:45 (1687 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yeah, so...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 12, 2019, 06:14 (1687 days ago) @ Claude Errera

So this evening, thanks to the kindness (and skill) of a bunch of DBOers, I finally finished the Crown of Sorrow raid, which finished the Moments of Triumph seal. So I went to Bungie.net to buy the medallion.

Like all the other medallions, it costs $777,777, but finishing the seal gets you a discount code.

Unfortunately, this time, the store got a little wonky... the code decreased the cost of the medallion... but didn't adjust the tax.

[image]

THAT'S A SPICY MEATBALL!

Glad you got it! Who was the sixth?

Incoming mini-rant.

I've had my own trouble with the Bungie store. They keep sending me email saying they didn't charge me the $5 dollar fee for customization of the triumph shirt, and for me to contact them to confirm I want it. (I ordered it, but that's not good enough now I guess.) I've emailed them back twice saying yes, I want the customization and I'm still getting emails as if I haven't responded. Guess I'm supposed to call them, but really it's their mistake they didn't charge me, I obviously ordered it, and now I'm hassled about it because they screwed up, and it's beholden on me to make sure they're able to charge me $5 before they go forward. Blah. I spent a decade in retail--at this point good customer service would be for them to eat the charge and give me what ordered if the snafu is their fault.

In the past I've had the bad habit of not opening packages from them right away or examining items closely. Not great when they given me the wrong size or something is missing that's on the invoice, and that's happened.

Yeah, so...

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 12, 2019, 07:34 (1687 days ago) @ Kermit

One of Chappy's Eagle Skwad buddies (DeSpeshe Mode). We didn't get the challenge, so if you pick up the bounty again on Monday, there'll be another shot at it.

Incoming mini-rant.

I love the company, and I love the fact that the store is mostly for charity... but yeah, I wish they'd make fewer mistakes. :(

Yeah, so...

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 12, 2019, 08:34 (1687 days ago) @ Kermit

Bungie can’t even be bothered to set up proper support contacts and instead want you to post on a half-assed forum or their twitter so they can never respond.

I’m surprised anyone is surprised by their shitshow of a store at this point.

On the plus side, I finally got my Moments of Triumph shirt delivered after a month.

Yeah, so...

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 12, 2019, 18:03 (1686 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So, I got my MoT shirt. The Seventh Column shirt I ordered at the same time (on August 7th--five weeks ago!) is nowhere to be found, however. I assumed they were just holding it to ship them together. Guess not.

Seriously, the Bungie Store fucking sucks.

:(

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 12, 2019, 22:37 (1686 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Yeah, so...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 13, 2019, 11:04 (1686 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So, I got my MoT shirt. The Seventh Column shirt I ordered at the same time (on August 7th--five weeks ago!) is nowhere to be found, however. I assumed they were just holding it to ship them together. Guess not.

Seriously, the Bungie Store fucking sucks.

They never ship reward items with anything as far as I can tell. I guess I understand why, and it wouldn't matter so much if I didn't find their shipping high (admittedly, Amazon has spoiled me).

Yeah, so...

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 13, 2019, 13:22 (1685 days ago) @ Kermit

I emailed them last night. Surprisingly, I woke up to a response stating they were sending the shirt immediately with a new order number. It’s literally the first time trying to work something out with their support was easy.

Update

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 13, 2019, 11:28 (1686 days ago) @ Kermit

[image]

THAT'S A SPICY MEATBALL!

Incoming mini-rant.

I've had my own trouble with the Bungie store. They keep sending me email saying they didn't charge me the $5 dollar fee for customization of the triumph shirt, and for me to contact them to confirm I want it. (I ordered it, but that's not good enough now I guess.) I've emailed them back twice saying yes, I want the customization and I'm still getting emails as if I haven't responded. Guess I'm supposed to call them, but really it's their mistake they didn't charge me, I obviously ordered it, and now I'm hassled about it because they screwed up, and it's beholden on me to make sure they're able to charge me $5 before they go forward. Blah. I spent a decade in retail--at this point good customer service would be for them to eat the charge and give me what ordered if the snafu is their fault.

In the past I've had the bad habit of not opening packages from them right away or examining items closely. Not great when they given me the wrong size or something is missing that's on the invoice, and that's happened.

I used their Customer Contact form since they weren't acknowledging my replies to their emails asking for a reply.

They emailed me an invoice to pay the $5. They also sent an email saying they'd sent the invoice, asking me to pay it, and then asking me to contact them to tell them I paid it. "If you do not contact me back here, I may not see that the invoice has been paid and it may result in further delay of your order."

They have issues to work out, I'd say. I can't recall ever working so hard to give someone $5.

Everything should be good now

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, September 14, 2019, 18:13 (1684 days ago) @ Kermit

And they sent a personal apology. :)

Yeah, so...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, September 12, 2019, 06:37 (1687 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I've heard taxes are high in Seattle, but that's ridiculous.

Yeah, so...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 12, 2019, 13:22 (1686 days ago) @ Claude Errera

TIL Claude is a 1% tax dodger. Pay your taxes!!!!!

HE BOUGHT A $700k ITEM AND PAID $2 IN TAXES! BURN HIM!

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 12, 2019, 13:27 (1686 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread