10DST (Gaming)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, September 16, 2019, 01:08 (1674 days ago)

ODST was the first Halo game I beat in one sitting.

I was in my first year of post-secondary education, trying to learn how to use Maya 2008, in the hopes that I might make it into the video games industry as a 3D animator or modeler.

The only place in the remote beach town the school was located in that sold Video Games was The Warehouse™, the New Zealand regional equivalent to Wal-mart. I went directly there and picked up my copy as soon as class ended.

The next thing I know, it’s 2 AM, and credits are scrolling across the 19-inch LCD monitor in my dorm room. I don’t remember if I regretted staying up so late the following morning, but it ended up not mattering- I dropped out of the course after the first year, switched to learning programming at a school in the middle of downtown Auckland, and made my way into the industry using those skills instead.

I can’t believe that was already 10 years ago.

I plan to be playing ODST a lot this weekend, starting Friday at 4PM Pacific. If anyone wants to join in, please do!

10DST

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, September 16, 2019, 07:07 (1674 days ago) @ CyberKN

Are you going to be playing it via the MCC on Xbox One?

10DST

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 16, 2019, 08:05 (1674 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Are you going to be playing it via the MCC on Xbox One?

For Firefight's sake I hope not.

Don't hesitate to ping me Cyber.

10DST

by Oholiab @, Monday, September 16, 2019, 14:15 (1674 days ago) @ Kermit

I still love this game. As a designer of things other than games, I feel like this game was nearly perfect in the way all the elements came together to support the design intent of the whole.

The soundtrack is still my favorite Halo soundtrack, and might be my favorite OST of any video game.

If I have some free time, I’d be up to join a fireteam.

10DST

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 16, 2019, 15:07 (1673 days ago) @ Oholiab

I still love this game. As a designer of things other than games, I feel like this game was nearly perfect in the way all the elements came together to support the design intent of the whole.

The soundtrack is still my favorite Halo soundtrack, and might be my favorite OST of any video game.

If I have some free time, I’d be up to join a fireteam.

I feel the same way. Reach is the ulimate package to me, but man, did ODST hit the target it was aiming at. And yes, it has the best soundtrack.

10DST

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 16, 2019, 08:17 (1674 days ago) @ CyberKN

I played it for the first time on a film shoot out in the desert. Everyone was camping multiple days, so we all tapped into the generator to play it on the monitors outside under the clear desert sky.

I still think the actual narrative is kinda weak, but the characters grow on you.

10DST

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 09:46 (1673 days ago) @ CyberKN

Still the best.

I'm guessing it'll be on the 360 version, since it still has Firefight.

10DST

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 07:38 (1672 days ago) @ CyberKN

Sooooo, what does this mean for people who don't have MCC but have the original game? I know they made it backwards compatible and all that. But are they just saying "wooo, it's 10 years old, you should play it!" or did they make an additional update to it? I'm honestly out of the loop and would love to get back in but I don't know why now is the time to do it.

10DST

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 13:14 (1672 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Sooooo, what does this mean for people who don't have MCC but have the original game? I know they made it backwards compatible and all that. But are they just saying "wooo, it's 10 years old, you should play it!" or did they make an additional update to it? I'm honestly out of the loop and would love to get back in but I don't know why now is the time to do it.

I just made that little edited trailer for fun, it's not official.

ahhhh, it looks official. That explains a lot.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 13:44 (1672 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Funny Voice Lines from ODST

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, September 20, 2019, 12:50 (1670 days ago) @ CyberKN

I hadn't heard hardly any of these before.

Funny Voice Lines from ODST

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 20, 2019, 17:01 (1669 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, September 20, 2019, 17:05

Good on Bungie for finally including some LGBTTQQIAP representation in its games.

Wait, Devrim is gay? Oh well then.

Thanks to those who played!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, September 21, 2019, 17:18 (1668 days ago) @ CyberKN

And apologies for the network issues on my end- This weekend was the first time I'd set up my 360 since I moved. Discounting those interruptions, the actual co-op gameplay was super nostalgic and enjoyable!

[image]

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, September 22, 2019, 17:19 (1667 days ago) @ CyberKN

Sorry I couldn't make it, got pretty sick this afternoon, which sucks. Oh well...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 23, 2019, 11:48 (1667 days ago) @ CyberKN

And apologies for the network issues on my end- This weekend was the first time I'd set up my 360 since I moved. Discounting those interruptions, the actual co-op gameplay was super nostalgic and enjoyable!

[image]

Sorry we skipped Uplift Reserve, but I assume you are co-op complete now!

Had a blast. What a lovely game!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, September 24, 2019, 15:51 (1665 days ago) @ Kermit

Turns out resuming a co-op level after a disconnect doesn't count. We'll have to run through Kikowani Station again some time :D

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 08:45 (1665 days ago) @ CyberKN

Turns out resuming a co-op level after a disconnect doesn't count. We'll have to run through Kikowani Station again some time :D

Well, darn. What a horrible chore that will be! :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread