Neat little quirk of cross-save.. (Destiny)

by FyreWulff, Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 02:39 (1680 days ago)

If you cross-save and then go play games on another platform, your game history will show your base platform account playing with the native accounts.

Was playing with Claude earlier. I'm FyreWulff on Xbox, but if you look at any of my Xbox games I played last night, it shows my PSN account, Fyre_Wulff

https://www.bungie.net/en/PGCR/4657596777?character=2305843009263607533

More neat quirks...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 05:23 (1680 days ago) @ FyreWulff

The companion app also uses your main platform entirely. If I want to transfer stuff while playing on Xbox, I have to log into my PSN, and use the Playstation settings to transfer stuff around.

If you logged on to Xbox though, you won't be able to use the app to equip any PS4 exclusives until you log back onto PSN. It'll simply say that you don't have permissions.
Speaking of which, equipped PS4 exclusives aren't visible in-game, but you can inspect them entirely; they've always been in the Xbox game files.

More neat quirks...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 09:35 (1680 days ago) @ Korny

The companion app also uses your main platform entirely. If I want to transfer stuff while playing on Xbox, I have to log into my PSN, and use the Playstation settings to transfer stuff around.

If you logged on to Xbox though, you won't be able to use the app to equip any PS4 exclusives until you log back onto PSN. It'll simply say that you don't have permissions.
Speaking of which, equipped PS4 exclusives aren't visible in-game, but you can inspect them entirely; they've always been in the Xbox game files.

And when you're on a different console, it says "Not available on this console" or something like that. As I've always said, exclusives were never the showstopper for cross-saves that they were made out to be by some in the community.

More neat quirks...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 09:41 (1680 days ago) @ Kermit

Arw the exclusives available on Xbox with Shadowkeep?

More neat quirks...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 10:08 (1680 days ago) @ bluerunner

Arw the exclusives available on Xbox with Shadowkeep?

Yup. And there is totally a way that you can start Shadowkeep with a free Wavesplitter.

More neat quirks...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 07:23 (1679 days ago) @ Kermit

And when you're on a different console, it says "Not available on this console" or something like that. As I've always said, exclusives were never the showstopper for cross-saves that they were made out to be by some in the community.

I don't think it was a technically feasible thing that stopped them. I think it was a legal contract thing.

I think that's the point Kermit was making

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 08:05 (1679 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I don't think it was a technically feasible thing that stopped them. I think it was a legal contract thing.

People were claiming that it wasn't Sony's fault and that it wasn't technically feasible to manage the differences in what was available exclusivity wise.

So kermit is just saying "see, this wasn't an impossible issue to figure out"

I think that's the point Kermit was making

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 08:10 (1679 days ago) @ kidtsunami

People were claiming that it wasn't Sony's fault and that it wasn't technically feasible to manage the differences in what was available exclusivity wise.

So kermit is just saying "see, this wasn't an impossible issue to figure out"

Huh, that's not at all what I read it as from what Kermit said. It sounds like Kermit is saying that exclusives never a showstopper for cross-saves. But I say yes they are, but not because of technical reason, but for legal reasons. I guess I just didn't know the backstory as to what people were claiming.

Yeah, I could be reading into it a bit, only kermit knows

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 08:17 (1679 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

More neat quirks...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 08:19 (1679 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Sure. When I say showstopper I mean that in the technical sense, and some argued that point.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread