February 21st 2020 (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 24, 2019, 14:34 (1675 days ago)

Let's hope they have a super easy mode for those of you here who hated the mechanics of the game.

February 21st 2020

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, September 24, 2019, 14:45 (1675 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Let's hope they have a super easy mode for those of you here who hated the mechanics of the game.

Let's also hope that you can find a good video ;)

Literally unplayable ;)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, September 24, 2019, 14:51 (1675 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

February 21st 2020

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 24, 2019, 16:00 (1675 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Claude will explain.

February 21st 2020

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, September 24, 2019, 20:16 (1675 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Claude will explain.

Cody asked for the moon. Took a little while to give it to him.

February 21st 2020

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 11:46 (1674 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Claude will explain.

Cody asked for the moon. Took a little while to give it to him.

Indeed. Thank you Claude. Now everyone can use mobile youtube links when embedding videos. He did the work, and I just asked for it.

Thanks to you both.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 14:15 (1674 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

While you wait...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 24, 2019, 20:28 (1675 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The Last of Us remastered is next month’s PS+ game. If “Very Easy” is too tough for some of you, I’d be more than happy to Shareplay you past any part; I’ve played through the game enough times that it’s muscle memory at this point.

While you wait...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 06:47 (1674 days ago) @ Korny

The Last of Us remastered is next month’s PS+ game. If “Very Easy” is too tough for some of you, I’d be more than happy to Shareplay you past any part; I’ve played through the game enough times that it’s muscle memory at this point.

Can you Shareplay your Playstation over to my house so I can play it? :D

While you wait...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 08:44 (1674 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I've streamed Playstation games to my mac.*

*on the same network

While you wait...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 11:50 (1674 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Remastered or Original? Don't send him the wrong console people.

More Last of Us goodness

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 26, 2019, 16:46 (1673 days ago) @ Cody Miller

February 21st 2020

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 27, 2019, 18:41 (1672 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I hope this trailer is misleading.

Fridging the gay brown girl as motivation for Ellie feels gross.

Even if it is misleading, and that's not what happens, that's clearly what the trailer wants us to think happens, which is gross on a whole other level.

February 21st 2020

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 09:57 (1671 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Even if it is misleading, and that's not what happens, that's clearly what the trailer wants us to think happens, which is gross on a whole other level.

Honestly the first trailer was pretty gross as well. I mean, we'll have to see when it comes out. I feel like they need to be responsible since people look to naughty dog for the future of narratives in games.

February 21st 2020

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 10:14 (1671 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah, the Bury Your Gays trope was alive and well in the first game (Riley and Frank), and it’s definitely the gut punch that Naughty Dog would build up to top the first game (unless that sequence with Ellie’s mom is the intro), and it’s clearly the thing that would send her on a roaring rampage of revenge/rescue.

I have a wavering trust with Naughty Dog, though. They haven’t been sloppy with their storytelling yet, but they’re not above cheap emotional manipulation, either.

February 21st 2020

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 15:47 (1671 days ago) @ Korny

Yeah, the Bury Your Gays trope was alive and well in the first game (Riley and Frank), and it’s definitely the gut punch that Naughty Dog would build up to top the first game (unless that sequence with Ellie’s mom is the intro), and it’s clearly the thing that would send her on a roaring rampage of revenge/rescue.

I have a wavering trust with Naughty Dog, though. They haven’t been sloppy with their storytelling yet, but they’re not above cheap emotional manipulation, either.

My biggest fear is that they get so high on their own virtuousness for sending the right message that they forget to tell a story about individual human beings.

Regardless, game is pre-ordered.

February 21st 2020

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 22:58 (1671 days ago) @ Kermit

Someone from Naughty Dog did tell me the game has microtransactions. Would not answer when I asked if they were multiplayer only, so there’s a possibility I’ll have to skip this game like I did with Deus Ex. I hope it doesn’t come to that.

February 21st 2020

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, September 29, 2019, 00:23 (1671 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Someone from Naughty Dog did tell me the game has microtransactions. Would not answer when I asked if they were multiplayer only, so there’s a possibility I’ll have to skip this game like I did with Deus Ex. I hope it doesn’t come to that.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/09/27/the-last-of-us-part-2-wont-have-any-multiplayer-at-all

I think you're losing this battle. Something something market forces blah blah economics something. Yeah... the principle of the thing, but I don't know. You could... just... not spend cash on the microtransactions. Unless you know you will, so... bummer.

So, uh. HAVE A NICE DAY! :D

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread