Rant | F**k this game. (Criticism)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, September 26, 2019, 20:16 (1665 days ago)
edited by INSANEdrive, Thursday, September 26, 2019, 20:33

FUCK THIS GAME! Fuck, this game. fuckity FUCK FUCK FUCK this game. ... *Sigh* ... Fuck this game. Just... fuck. This. Game. But most of all... FUCK THIS BIPOLAR SADISTIC RNG!

HEY BUNGIE WHERE IS THE FREEK'N Exotic Duplicate Weighting ya'll flaped y'er gums about, cus I sure as shit ain't see-n it! WHY IN THE FLYIN' FUDGE MARKET DID I GET AN EXOTIC -I ALREADY HAVE-IN THE GOSH DARNED ENDGAME ACTIVITY!! WHO IN THE FUCK SAID YES TO THAT SHIT!!!

I JUST DID THE LAST...*deep breath*... I just did the Last Wish Raid. End to end. Legit. I did MOth E'fn Riven of a Thousand FUCKING Voices as it was meant to be played. I did it with blueberrys. Did I mention that I did Riven FULL ON LEGIT! So I must admit... some nerves upon me are signaling. Did I mention I did it with BLUEBERRYS? Ya'll I ain't even goin' mention. The EYES. THE EYES! DON'T SHOOT THE EYES! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAa *GashP* TO be fair... a pair of them were sherpas, with my goal being an understanding to the mechanics of the Vault room better. I'm getting there. It's starting to make sense... but I'm not there yet. I should be thrilled. Hey... if it has just of been another raid weapon and NOT 1K, then Bummer. Such is life. If it had been an Exotic I didn't have... WHICH HERE IN THE LAST WEEK OF YEAR 2 IS STILL THE CASE, then while I would be abit down...CUS' THAT EXOTIC SOUND REALLY GETS the hopes up... I would still be generally OK.

BUT THIS!!?!?! Part of Raiding is THE LOOT. Why? Because LOOT game, that's why. That's part of the contract there Bungo. I learn that the real loot are the friendships we built along the way, while you Bungo, hand over the SHINY SHIT that MAKE THE BOOM BOOM GO BOOM ALL SHINY LIKE! And the last Chest is the one with the big boy pants friendos. And what did I get? WHAT DID I GET!?! I GOT, for all intents and purposes, NOTHING!!!! You stretched out your finger and said "thanks for playing". You rubbed it in my face.

So I say...

FUCK YOU Bungie. FUCK YOU.

[image]

You took ALL the JOY I had from beating Riven Legit... and ya fucked me with it. Didn't get me flowers or anything. Ain't even giv'n me the common courtesy of a reach around here. Just... RUDE.

*Sigh*

I feel better now. Still need to read the Weeks BupDate.

Gosh darn't ya'll broil my britches some times I swear. Fuck.

(Edit: Yes, this post means I STILL do not have the "ONE THOUSAND VOICES" Exotic. I thought I had finally got it ya'll.
For one second I was so happy. ;_;)

Rant | F**k this game.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 26, 2019, 22:38 (1665 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It's a good thing you weren't me not getting Hawkmoon.

Hawkmoon was a Endgame Raid Only weapon?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, September 26, 2019, 22:46 (1665 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

In a way, Cody’s Hawkmoon was even worse...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, September 27, 2019, 07:33 (1665 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Not to diminish your frustration there (I’m totally with you on how infuriating it is) but at least we know going in that there is only 1 possible source for each raid exotic. You get a chance at the final drop of the raid, once per week. Miss your chance, and it’s out of mind until the next week.

But Hawkmoon was just a random world drop. You could kill a random Dreg on patrol, and have Hawkmoon fall out of it. So for Cody, every single drop for the ~year that it took *might* have been his Hawkmoon. Every nightfall, every raid chest, every random drop... that’s some Chinese Water-torture level shit right there.

Codys was "conspiracy". My instance here is... "tragedy".

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 27, 2019, 09:55 (1665 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Why conspiracy? It can come at you at anytime. Any where. It's in the WALLS MAN! IN THE WALLS!

Why tragedy? The combinations of choices making that moment possible should not be.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 27, 2019, 10:28 (1665 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The 'near misses' were even more frustrating.

[image]

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, September 27, 2019, 20:35 (1664 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The 'near misses' were even more frustrating.

[image]

That's not at all worse than what Insane is talking about. This isn't just getting a different world drop exotic. There's activity-specific loot. Loot you can't get any other way. A world drop exotic should not ever, ever drop *in place of* an activity-specific drop, legendary or exotic, and I agree with Insane: that this should not ever happen seems so obvious to me that I'm hoping against hope that that happening is another long-standing bug we'll wait forever to see patched, rather than something that they think is OK.

My own patience with this sort of thing is near its end as well. As far as I'm concerned, the game should have no dupes of anything ever. Every piece of loot should be new and unique or else not drop.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 27, 2019, 23:34 (1664 days ago) @ narcogen

My own patience with this sort of thing is near its end as well. As far as I'm concerned, the game should have no dupes of anything ever. Every piece of loot should be new and unique or else not drop.

Why do you think they don't do that? Because then the system can't fucking manipulate you. It's gross. I'm so glad I stopped.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 11:35 (1664 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I know it easier to say than do, but . . .

They can’t manipulate you if you don’t let them. I’d like to have 1000 Voices, but I don’t let that be my motivating factor for playing. For the most part, I’ve found a place where I play what I want for the fun of it. There are always things in the game that I’m chasing, and I let those serve as goals that pull me to one activity or another, but as soon as I’m no longer having fun in that activity, I do something else.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I suspect that Chappy was mostly okay doing those 62 runs because he likes raiding. Not that it’s okay that it took 62 runs, but Chappy likes raiding and would likely be doing it anyway.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 11:59 (1664 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I know it easier to say than do, but . . .

They can’t manipulate you if you don’t let them. I’d like to have 1000 Voices, but I don’t let that be my motivating factor for playing. For the most part, I’ve found a place where I play what I want for the fun of it. There are always things in the game that I’m chasing, and I let those serve as goals that pull me to one activity or another, but as soon as I’m no longer having fun in that activity, I do something else.

As another example, I play this iPhone game called Marvel Contest of Champions. It's a fun game to play. The core game play is very well done. However, the developers are asshats who are in it for the money. They know it, the gamers/community knows it. So everyone plays to what they are willing to do. I personally like the game and don't spend any money even at my own detriment, but I joined a group of people who all just give the developers the middle finger and keep playing a pretty darned good game. We make the game what we want it to be.

Is the game manipulative? Sure, but we aren't manipulated.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 15:42 (1663 days ago) @ cheapLEY

You can still have a chase even if they throw in a dupe exotic check during the roll.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 16:26 (1663 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I’m not arguing that.

That doesn’t change the fact that you can choose not to engage in the way they want you to and still enjoy the game.

Gotta Catch da Loot

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 13:07 (1663 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by INSANEdrive, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 13:14

Why do you think they don't do that? Because then the system can't fucking manipulate you. It's gross. I'm so glad I stopped.

No no... that's what Eververse is all about. That's why they are making it EVEN EASIER to spend realife money come Shadowkeep. It's in the menu now. First one is on us! Right.

The reason "Every piece of loot [is not] new and unique" in part is at least two fold, in my purview. Though come Shdaowkeep, one reason becomes weaker. First reason is because they have chosen to make the content, not slam it all together procedurally e.g. Borderlands. More control on content, at cost of sheer numbers of content. The random rolls the bulk of the community shrieked for helps with this a little, but it's Bungie saying where those perks go, not some base algorithm. Not that there isn't some algorithm for RNG, but hopefully you get what I mean.

The second reason is based on a goal, again... in my purview. Destiny is not Pokémon. This games SOLE motivating factor is not "Gotta Catch 'Em All". While there is an aspect in collecting in this game, it is a... nerfed capability currently. The backbone is there, but it ignores random rolls (a KEY thing of the game currently), and your storage is an invisible finite hole. Collecting is a side hoe to the main focus of "loot", which I KNOW. You'd think that this would be one and the same, but that is not what the current design (or lack there in) is saying. Loot, right now... because I don't recall them ever bringing a definition for it, is anything. A something is loot. Be that some glimmer, some always sharded blue, or some RNG purple... something. Which has ... and I'm trying to keep focus here and not meander ... slowly been changing to a more concrete definition within the community. We have been building the definition they (apparently?) don't know.

With "loot" as the motivator, lootgame, you got to get "something". What Bungie has seemed to fail to realize is that this "as long as it's something" model has become increasingly... I want to say inexcusable, as Destiny the game has matured. Come Shadowkeep, with these "Artifact" modifiers there will be more ways to play. Loot "something" alone is not the motivation anymore, and it can't be. It's... What happens if I do this? What happens if I do this with my friends? It's... there's that word again... synergy. They have removed some of the pressure off of loot, and so I hope they can make it WORTH MORE as the year 3 moves on.

All that said, it would be nice if part of the endgame could change from collecting weapons, to using your collection to fight back the darkness. Provided the backbone can be filled in with "more life" then there is currently of course.

I'm not sure this has answered the source that started my writing of this... but I like what I wrote so.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gotta Catch da Loot

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 15:46 (1663 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Name one downside for the player if the game does a check to prevent dupe exotic drops. You can already get a second one from a kiosk if you want another.

I can’t think of a single reason. It would alleviate frustration, but investment systems and microtransactions are necessarily built upon frustration. This should tell you everything.

Gotta Catch da Loot

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 16:56 (1663 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by INSANEdrive, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 17:12

Name one downside for the player if the game does a check to prevent dupe exotic drops. You can already get a second one from a kiosk if you want another.

I can’t think of a single reason. It would alleviate frustration, but investment systems and microtransactions are necessarily built upon frustration. This should tell you everything.

In the past an exotic dupe was a GREAT way to bump light, because it was one of the only ways to really get a huge boost in light. With random rolls, the idea with an exotic armor having the extra kick was a nice idea, if a touch silly.

Haveing said that, as the game has matured, I agree. I has made less and less sense to have duped exotic weapons and armor. Especially when person is already at hard cap and STILL doesn't yet even have ALL the exotics (for ANY CLASS)! I look forward to getting an "Getaway Artist" from Xur next week (or the week after that)! It looks like fun.

I was just sayin this

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, September 27, 2019, 06:33 (1665 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I have not gotten a new exotic, other than from Xur, in almost 6 months. In that time i have had 10 exotics drop maybe, all ARMOR that I already have, when I still dont have like 6. It's really annoying and I will admit makes me not want to play a bit cause it's another wasting my time thing. I don't mind some duplicates, But 10 (or more I can't keep track, probably more) when I have still have so many left is just not right. That means the exotic protection is not there to me.

I just act like that gun has been removed from the loot pool

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, September 27, 2019, 07:14 (1665 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

FUCK THIS GAME! Fuck, this game. fuckity FUCK FUCK FUCK this game. ... *Sigh* ... Fuck this game. Just... fuck. This. Game. But most of all... FUCK THIS BIPOLAR SADISTIC RNG!

HEY BUNGIE WHERE IS THE FREEK'N Exotic Duplicate Weighting ya'll flaped y'er gums about, cus I sure as shit ain't see-n it! WHY IN THE FLYIN' FUDGE MARKET DID I GET AN EXOTIC -I ALREADY HAVE-IN THE GOSH DARNED ENDGAME ACTIVITY!! WHO IN THE FUCK SAID YES TO THAT SHIT!!!

I JUST DID THE LAST...*deep breath*... I just did the Last Wish Raid. End to end. Legit. I did MOth E'fn Riven of a Thousand FUCKING Voices as it was meant to be played. I did it with blueberrys. Did I mention that I did Riven FULL ON LEGIT! So I must admit... some nerves upon me are signaling. Did I mention I did it with BLUEBERRYS? Ya'll I ain't even goin' mention. The EYES. THE EYES! DON'T SHOOT THE EYES! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAa *GashP* TO be fair... a pair of them were sherpas, with my goal being an understanding to the mechanics of the Vault room better. I'm getting there. It's starting to make sense... but I'm not there yet. I should be thrilled. Hey... if it has just of been another raid weapon and NOT 1K, then Bummer. Such is life. If it had been an Exotic I didn't have... WHICH HERE IN THE LAST WEEK OF YEAR 2 IS STILL THE CASE, then while I would be abit down...CUS' THAT EXOTIC SOUND REALLY GETS the hopes up... I would still be generally OK.

BUT THIS!!?!?! Part of Raiding is THE LOOT. Why? Because LOOT game, that's why. That's part of the contract there Bungo. I learn that the real loot are the friendships we built along the way, while you Bungo, hand over the SHINY SHIT that MAKE THE BOOM BOOM GO BOOM ALL SHINY LIKE! And the last Chest is the one with the big boy pants friendos. And what did I get? WHAT DID I GET!?! I GOT, for all intents and purposes, NOTHING!!!! You stretched out your finger and said "thanks for playing". You rubbed it in my face.

So I say...

FUCK YOU Bungie. FUCK YOU.

[image]

You took ALL the JOY I had from beating Riven Legit... and ya fucked me with it. Didn't get me flowers or anything. Ain't even giv'n me the common courtesy of a reach around here. Just... RUDE.

*Sigh*

I feel better now. Still need to read the Weeks BupDate.

Gosh darn't ya'll broil my britches some times I swear. Fuck.

(Edit: Yes, this post means I STILL do not have the "ONE THOUSAND VOICES" Exotic. I thought I had finally got it ya'll.
For one second I was so happy. ;_;)

So I don't even bother trying to get it.

Embrace your bereftness

by squidnh3, Friday, September 27, 2019, 08:03 (1665 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Not having an experience is just as valid as having one. Misery is interesting.

(Still no Anarchy for me).

Embrace your bereftness

by Claude Errera @, Friday, September 27, 2019, 08:57 (1665 days ago) @ squidnh3

Not having an experience is just as valid as having one. Misery is interesting.

(Still no Anarchy for me).

Me either - but I've got way less room to complain. (Fewer than a dozen attempts here, compared to your... what? Something absurd.)

Embrace your bereftness

by squidnh3, Friday, September 27, 2019, 09:07 (1665 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Me either - but I've got way less room to complain. (Fewer than a dozen attempts here, compared to your... what? Something absurd.)

18, so not especially absurd. Nothing compared to Chappy's 70ish Last Wish completions without 1000 Voices. But it was really cool to be there when he finally got it!

Embrace your bereftness

by Claude Errera @, Friday, September 27, 2019, 09:20 (1665 days ago) @ squidnh3

18, so not especially absurd. Nothing compared to Chappy's 70ish Last Wish completions without 1000 Voices. But it was really cool to be there when he finally got it!

18 clears. I can't find any tools that will show you uncompleted raids - but raid.report shows me the last 7 attempts I've made, and only 4 of them were actually successful. (It's quite possible that you complete most of your attempts; I absolutely do not.)

And yeah, I'm glad he finally got it; he was the poster child for unfair RNG.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Friday, September 27, 2019, 14:36 (1664 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Chappy, Friday, September 27, 2019, 15:19

18 clears. I can't find any tools that will show you uncompleted raids - but raid.report shows me the last 7 attempts I've made, and only 4 of them were actually successful. (It's quite possible that you complete most of your attempts; I absolutely do not.)

And yeah, I'm glad he finally got it; he was the poster child for unfair RNG.

Yeah, 1KV finally dropped for me on the 62nd successful raid completion. I lost track of the number of keys used, it was somewhere in the 90s. Continuing thanks to everyone I raided with before and after that drop.

I do wish Bungie would reset whatever whatever "f*ck you" seed value they're using for RNG, because I just finished my 34th Crown last night with no curated shotgun drop (not counting several partial completions that included the second encounter and a flawless run).

..."but whos's counting". Still though -UGH! Shouldn't be.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 27, 2019, 15:10 (1664 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

They did sorta fix the problem with Crown of Sorrows...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 11:21 (1664 days ago) @ Chappy

... they didn’t improve the actually drop rates, they just made the raid exotic so f-ing bad that nobody will get too upset about not having it drop for them.

Ha! Burn.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 12:15 (1664 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

This is why I hate RNG weapons

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, September 27, 2019, 09:14 (1665 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It's one thing to have RNG around some of the weapon perks. A lot of people seem to like that (I don't personally). Exotics, however, should always have a defined path to get them, otherwise players just get frustrated when they can't ever seem to earn them. Imagine if 1K voices required simply beating the last encounter with everyone alive when you turned the heart in and opening a specific chest. Or maybe there is a hidden chest that always drops it if you don't have it that players would have had to discover.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, September 27, 2019, 09:17 (1665 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

It's one thing to have RNG around some of the weapon perks. A lot of people seem to like that (I don't personally). Exotics, however, should always have a defined path to get them, otherwise players just get frustrated when they can't ever seem to earn them. Imagine if 1K voices required simply beating the last encounter with everyone alive when you turned the heart in and opening a specific chest. Or maybe there is a hidden chest that always drops it if you don't have it that players would have had to discover.

I feel like it's okay if it's RNG, but there are other ways of getting it, like as you said, pull off some feat or maybe after a set amount of wins. At that point you are cutting off the edge cases of just bad chance.

RNG is great for that surprise factor, but it can quickly sour if you go 50 runs without the exotic.

by squidnh3, Friday, September 27, 2019, 10:50 (1665 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I feel like it's okay if it's RNG, but there are other ways of getting it, like as you said, pull off some feat or maybe after a set amount of wins. At that point you are cutting off the edge cases of just bad chance.

The common proposal on Reddit is that if you complete the flawless version of the raid, you get the raid exotic. That seems like the very least acessible version of reasonable options to me.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, September 27, 2019, 10:58 (1665 days ago) @ squidnh3

The common proposal on Reddit is that if you complete the flawless version of the raid, you get the raid exotic. That seems like the very least acessible version of reasonable options to me.

Yeah... That would never happen for me :D Though I feel like it should 1 of 3 things:
1. RNG
2. More time less skill based. example: 50 completed runs
3. Less time more skill based. example: flawless run

This fits in with Bungie's every player can play their way and get it no matter what if they put some effort into it. But players still have a chance of getting it early as a surprise factor

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 27, 2019, 11:02 (1665 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I like that thought, but 50 runs is ridiculously high. That’s a year of raiding.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, September 27, 2019, 11:05 (1665 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It still works as an example. The number could be changed and the concept would still be the same.

by squidnh3, Friday, September 27, 2019, 11:19 (1665 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I liked the idea of the token system that it seemed like D2Y1 was set up for. You get normal drops, but also tokens for encounter completions (and/or triumphs or challenges or whatever). Somewhere you can turn in tokens for a specific drop (probably at the end of the raid). Maybe the raid helmet is 10 tokens, maybe the raid exotic is 100 tokens.

I'd be into that

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, September 27, 2019, 11:23 (1665 days ago) @ squidnh3

I simply fell off running Last WIsh because I felt like the odds were oppressive

I like the jest of this idea.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 12:14 (1664 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

If it weren't for RNG and Xur...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 27, 2019, 10:22 (1665 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'd have only a few exotic weapons. I'm bad about finishing quests.

+1

by Oholiab @, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 19:06 (1663 days ago) @ Kermit

My quest tab is full, and I’ve forgotten what the quest is for! I still have to run “The Arms Dealer” for... something exotic.

I really want Lumina, but as a usually-solo player, progress has very slow (I get it - the quest is meant to be completed with friends).

+1

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 19:30 (1663 days ago) @ Oholiab

I don’t see you online much—I guess our schedules just don’t line up. If you see me around, send me an invite. I’ll happily help you knock out some quests. I’ve been playing aimlessly for two weeks. Other than finishing my last Crucible reset for Redrix, I haven’t been chasing anything and just jumping into whatever people are doing.

Addendum: It's not one thing, it's the force multiplier

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 27, 2019, 10:55 (1665 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by INSANEdrive, Friday, September 27, 2019, 11:01

I'm making this addendum here to make my... frustration a touch more palatable and decipherable. It's not just (TL;DR) the RNG, the raid weapon, or my time among blueberrys that brought me to an uncharacteristic boil.

Let's start FIRST with one of my oldest frustrations with the game, that has only since become worse.
Exotic. Duplicate. Weighting. To quote one of my experimental rabbles...

Patch 2.0.5 – Holy Fuck What a JOKE!
That “Exotic Duplicate Weighting” was straight up broke.

I’ve never before met a patch so very rude,
Every time an Exotic engram dropped it said to me “Get screwed!

It’s like…

You invited me to the wedding and offered me cakes,
Then you throw it in a shredder and offered me fakes,
How much of this do you think I’m going to take,
Before the joy of exotics just completely brakes.

Like Marie Antoinette, a gracious offer never met,
Leaving me beheaded, spine loose from its slack,
You’re killing me either way with exotics I lack,
This is what I get thinking you’ve got my back.

My head is down low shaking, screaming with a sigh,
Bungie! Do you think its funny to just straight up lie!
To string us along! Do just do us wrong!?

I feel like a fish, hook and bating,
Your RNG went inverse, and left me hating,
I quit the game again, how freaking frustrating.

If EXOTICS are going to be so FREEK’N RARE,
Don’t FREAKING psych me! FREEK’N SHARE!
Do you even under stand?! Do you even care?!
How deeply asshole this is to even dare,
To turn my joy into a swear.
This wasn’t a problem when it wasn’t rare.

Before you dropped down the exotic drop rate,
Exotics to me felt actually quite great.

Dupes were ok, a little bit annoying, but hey a boost in light,
It wouldn’t be long before another exotic engram caught my sight.

Now that exotics are actually exotics, it’s a wedding moment.
A Guardian and their gun or armor is blessed bestowment be!
(And you don’t really want to come in-between that, agree?)

I guess we’ll see what you do, drop rate and exotic gun.
With all this said, we’re almost done.

There are still a few more nit picks that grind on my fun.

I've been documenting every single exotic I've received more or less. I think I've missed one or two instances for whatever reason, but all and all I've documented it all (Click "Exotic. Duplicate. Weighting."). The goal that has been advertised, such as; "When a player receives an Exotic, we now take into account all Exotics the player has found and weight them against Exotics they have yet to acquire. This lowers the player’s chances of receiving Exotics they already own." has not been seen by this fan. It has not been fun, and it has in fact dampened it. It's been a year since that patch. I'm retiring that playlist come Shadowkeep.

Secondly, location location location. This is a RAID. AN END GAME ACTIVITY! The metrics of my expectation are completely and... I'd like to think justifiably, different. I SHOULD NOT BE SEEING REPEAT EXOTICS IN A RAID... if I don't have all exotics already. I think that's fair. I'd like of course more than that, no dupes at all for example, but... bare minimum.

Third. The Blueberrys - One was ignorantly rude to not only the host but to the group at large, and often when communicating would talk some erroneous nonsense not relevant to the task at hand. To say their head was not in the game would be an understatement. Oh... and they were late to the prescribed time, tried to get us to stop raiding momentarily because they were late and the only reason they were let in is because another blueberry that did get there on time suddenly had a family emergency and had to dodge. Another Blueberry just... didn't have really ANY kit. I get that it takes time to get some of the higher tier weapons, but don't go into an endgame group activity if you can't bring some bacon, m I rite? That, plus the numerous mystery eye shots (that suddenly went away when Blueberry Number one was tasked with add clearing instead of boss damage), and I got to say after 5 hours and change total of all this I was feel'n a touch frayed (and my Shurpas were too, though they did their best to be polite).

Fourth. The Built in anticipation. For the first second... I thought I had finally got it. I wasn't thinking oh I can't wait for my exotic I already have, I was going... will this be it. *BUM bum BUM bum BUM* Than Bungie is all...

Cool. cool. :/

Fifth and final... The Loot. I got jipped. I mean, I did get some armor (woo hoo) though out the raid, but no new weapons. At all. The only new thing I recall getting in this raid instance was a helm... but... hey armor 2.0 next week. Woo hoo. I just... fuck all man. This is a loot game. Step off whit that stingy shit. Once I got that Dupe Exotic from that last chest... broke the camels back Brothers and Sisters.

Someone at Bungie needs to get punched in the face for this comedy of errors. Or hey... buy me a burger. Ya'll owe your fans anyway from Halo days. :P

And there you have it.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread