Exo Stranger's been retconned out of Destiny for new folks. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, September 30, 2019, 10:16 (1669 days ago)
edited by Korny, Monday, September 30, 2019, 10:29

She's no longer watching the Guardian fly off.
Ghost does get a bit of new Tutorial dialogue, though, and the game brings back the E3 public event, so fair trade?

Exo Stranger's been retconned out of Destiny for new folks.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, September 30, 2019, 10:29 (1669 days ago) @ Korny

Sorry, I'm at work and can't watch, but I'm curious based on some quick scrubbing. Do brand new players get to play the opening mission of original Destiny? And there's a cut from the "taking off on the jumpship for the first time" to "arriving on the jumpship at the start of Destiny 2"?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, September 30, 2019, 10:40 (1669 days ago) @ Chappy

Sorry, I'm at work and can't watch, but I'm curious based on some quick scrubbing. Do brand new players get to play the opening mission of original Destiny? And there's a cut from the "taking off on the jumpship for the first time" to "arriving on the jumpship at the start of Destiny 2"?

Yup. Khvostov and everything (Although your Makeshift armor set has been replaced with the Refugee armor, boo!). You get the original cutscene of the Arcadia-class arriving at the Tower, but the Traveler is awake, and you're dropped into the post-Red War Tower, and from there you got meet Devrim and do his Adventures.

Plus, new players get to keep the Arcadia-class Jumpship, which is totally unfair.

by squidnh3, Monday, September 30, 2019, 10:41 (1669 days ago) @ Korny

Yup. Khvostov and everything (Although your Makeshift armor set has been replaced with the Refugee armor, boo!). You get the original cutscene of the Arcadia-class arriving at the Tower, but the Traveler is awake, and you're dropped into the post-Red War Tower, and from there you got meet Devrim and do his Adventures.

Plus, new players get to keep the Arcadia-class Jumpship, which is totally unfair.

I'm interested to see if my storage-Titan will get to do this.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, September 30, 2019, 10:46 (1669 days ago) @ squidnh3

I'm interested to see if my storage-Titan will get to do this.

My PS4 Warlock is the only character that I have never deleted (Having the exact same appearance/Existence since the Alpha)... New Light being the only way to get the Khvostov and the Arcadia ship would totally push me to killing him off.

Finger's on the trigger, Bungie. Gib ship.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, September 30, 2019, 10:47 (1669 days ago) @ Korny

Yup. Khvostov and everything (Although your Makeshift armor set has been replaced with the Refugee armor, boo!). >

Whelp. Looks like it's time to delete my Warlock again.

-Disciple

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 30, 2019, 11:32 (1669 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Literally thinking the exact same thing. And she finally got to the Dreaming City, too.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, September 30, 2019, 14:13 (1669 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Am I remembering incorrectly or didn’t Bungie say that all players will have access to the mission, it’s just a part of Heroic Missions for existing character?

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, September 30, 2019, 14:58 (1669 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Am I remembering incorrectly or didn’t Bungie say that all players will have access to the mission, it’s just a part of Heroic Missions for existing character?

This is all I could find on it.

Veteran players can experience the New Light "flow"...if they create a new character. Lots of Redditors have mentioned thinking someone at Bungie saying that anyone could play through that mission, but I haven't seen anyone post a reference yet.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, though.

-Disciple

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 30, 2019, 15:50 (1669 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I distinctly remember hearing that the mission was going to be in the Heroic mission rotation, but now I'm struggling to remember if I actually heard that from Bungie or if I heard it from someone here while playing.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 01, 2019, 07:38 (1668 days ago) @ Korny

This is a punch to the gut.

Oh, man...

by Claude Errera @, Monday, September 30, 2019, 10:41 (1669 days ago) @ Korny

For a bit there, I thought i'd misunderstood what was coming in New Light... I thought they'd somehow ported all of D1 to D2, and I missed it.

Now I'm just sad. :(

Oh, man...

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, September 30, 2019, 13:04 (1669 days ago) @ Claude Errera

For a bit there, I thought i'd misunderstood what was coming in New Light... I thought they'd somehow ported all of D1 to D2, and I missed it.

I'll take an optimistic view; if they can port part of the Cosmodrome and one mission from D1 to D2, then they can port more/all of D1 in the future.

Oh, man...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, September 30, 2019, 13:30 (1669 days ago) @ Chappy

I'll take an optimistic view; if they can port part of the Cosmodrome and one mission from D1 to D2, then they can port more/all of D1 in the future.

As much as I would love that for nostalgic sake, I also want new content. And it might be less time and effort, but it does take man hours to do that work. So... yeah.

Oh, man...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, September 30, 2019, 13:42 (1669 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

As much as I would love that for nostalgic sake, I also want new content. And it might be less time and effort, but it does take man hours to do that work. So... yeah.

I've long championed that they should bring the D1 PS4 exclusives over to D2. Y2/3 stuff would be new for Xbox/PC players, and nostalgic for PS4 players, while taking up way less dev time than all-new content. Win/win/win.

But they already brought the Cosmodrome back

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, September 30, 2019, 16:11 (1669 days ago) @ Chappy

For that one quest. So they may have just reused the assets, which would be why the Stranger is not there, because it wasn't needed for that other part.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 30, 2019, 16:14 (1669 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

The Stranger isn't there because it wouldn't make sense.

This isn't a case of going back in time to when we all awoke for the first time, right? This is a brand new Guardian waking up in the current age. Why would the Stranger be there? She already did her thing five years ago.

10 points for Hufflepuff!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 30, 2019, 16:35 (1669 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

LOL

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, October 01, 2019, 05:31 (1668 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Poor Cheapley just got sorted into Hufflepuff with no warning or say in the matter :)

LOL

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, October 01, 2019, 06:32 (1668 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I think I might actually be a Hufflepuff. I sorted myself when Pottermore first launched however long ago. I think I got Hufflepuff and then never went back there. :P

LOL

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 01, 2019, 07:44 (1668 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Poor Cheapley just got sorted into Hufflepuff with no warning or say in the matter :)

The online test says I am Ravenclaw, so this confirms I'm not just a troll.

"just"

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, October 01, 2019, 13:18 (1668 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

“not just a troll, I’m *also* an insufferable know-it-all”

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, October 01, 2019, 16:27 (1668 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Yep. That's why there are flowers everywhere.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 30, 2019, 17:24 (1669 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Side note: What happened on that FREAK'N Hill?

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Tuesday, October 01, 2019, 06:20 (1668 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That's also a good point. I was more trying to temper expectations that they might bring back other parts. Didn't notice the flowers.

The world is changing already

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, October 01, 2019, 07:00 (1668 days ago) @ cheapLEY

This isn't a case of going back in time to when we all awoke for the first time, right? This is a brand new Guardian waking up in the current age. Why would the Stranger be there? She already did her thing five years ago.

This is true. It's also a hint to "things are moving forward and the world will continue to change." Although it's a very small hint at it until we start playing, the world is indeed changing.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, October 01, 2019, 09:56 (1668 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So why isn't there a giant hole in the Cosmodrome wall? It's identical to the one we woke up to five years ago.

Also, the colony ship gets knocked over again. Who put that back up, and what's the Fallen's problem with it that they felt the need to tip it over again?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, September 30, 2019, 12:29 (1669 days ago) @ Korny

Ghost does get a bit of new Tutorial dialogue, though, and the game brings back the E3 public event, so fair trade?

hmmmm, I'm debating whether it's worth it to delete one of my characters for this (I got all the latest solstice armor on each one for reference..)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, September 30, 2019, 13:14 (1669 days ago) @ kidtsunami

hmmmm, I'm debating whether it's worth it to delete one of my characters for this (I got all the latest solstice armor on each one for reference..)

I feel that it’s worth it. I got the Solstice set for my Titan, shoved it into the Vault, then deleted him. Within three days of playing I was back in the armor set at 750, without too much frustration (I only had to restart the Forge quests, and do the annoying Dreaming City unlock beforehand to even start that.)

Hitting 50 isn’t too tough if you just play Crucible. It’s almost a 1:1 leveling, or at least it felt like it. But even that won’t be an issue with New Light bumping you up to 750 from the get-go.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 30, 2019, 13:14 (1669 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Your armor isn't deleted when you delete a character, as far as I know.

Whatever equipment they have on them gets deleted iirc.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, September 30, 2019, 14:11 (1669 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

got it, vault, equip trash from collection, delete, profit

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, October 01, 2019, 06:38 (1668 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

Told Ya Kerm'

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 30, 2019, 15:36 (1669 days ago) @ Korny
edited by INSANEdrive, Monday, September 30, 2019, 16:12

We're Weird. In this thread the largest topic is "Oh I should delete my Character for Ship and Weapon" that... lets be honest folks, unless you've always loved that first ship, it's a flavor of the week. We don't even know what Shadowkeep has in store for us yet, but Oh... gotta get that ship.

That was my initial response. Then... I got thinking. I tell ya, it's really hard to see my keyboard right now. I busted my ass ragged for that "Void" Sparrow that, granted is only the second sparrow with the perk that gives you less aggro while riding, doesn't even have a purple contrail! Also I considered that ya'll might not have "stories" of your Destiny Avatars, such as how my Titan was VERY displeased that I replaced his ship temporarily. Or how psyched my hunter is that its been approved to go back to the moon (due to finding the Hive interesting. Real edge close to the dark that one). So.

TL;DR...

Just another feather in our cap. We're Weird. :P

Told Ya Kerm'

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 30, 2019, 15:52 (1669 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

FWIW, I do love that ship. I've been rocking the ship you could get from Zavala during the Warmind season because it's the closest thing you can get to the Arcadia currently in D2.

Also, my Warlock never gets used anyway. And with the way New Light works, you won't have to do any of the campaigns to unlock Destinations anymore. She hasn't unlocked any Forges or anything like that. I'm losing almost literally nothing by deleting her and starting fresh.

As I indirectly guessed. Thank you.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 30, 2019, 16:07 (1669 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Told Ya Kerm'

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 01, 2019, 09:41 (1668 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

We're Weird. In this thread the largest topic is "Oh I should delete my Character for Ship and Weapon" that... lets be honest folks, unless you've always loved that first ship, it's a flavor of the week. We don't even know what Shadowkeep has in store for us yet, but Oh... gotta get that ship.

That was my initial response. Then... I got thinking. I tell ya, it's really hard to see my keyboard right now. I busted my ass ragged for that "Void" Sparrow that, granted is only the second sparrow with the perk that gives you less aggro while riding, doesn't even have a purple contrail! Also I considered that ya'll might not have "stories" of your Destiny Avatars, such as how my Titan was VERY displeased that I replaced his ship temporarily. Or how psyched my hunter is that its been approved to go back to the moon (due to finding the Hive interesting. Real edge close to the dark that one). So.

TL;DR...

Just another feather in our cap. We're Weird. :P

I've got stories about my characters, but I'm still considering deleting my titan, who has been asleep since D1. Why, because she's a rebellious, foolhardy teenager (her mom calls her hellion), and I can easily imagine her trapping her ghost somewhere so she can be unsupervised, subsequently getting herself killed, and I mean, how commonplace is it for exos get reset and rebooted? I just haven't decided: is she in the single digit resets like Cayde or double-digits like Banshee. I imagine the number is low. You'd think some residual subroutine of caution would show up after a number of deaths.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread