Your own 3D Printed DBO... (DBO)

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 19:03 (3838 days ago)

Yup, it's exactly like it sounds! Ok, maybe not exactly, but I guess that depends on what you pictured... anyway...

Today I surprised Duncan with a preview of some trinkets I whipped up based on the DBO logo, so before I talk too much further, here's the fun part:

(click to embiggen)
[image]

Now for the details.

Modeling: I basically extruded the DBO logo in AC3D, added a base-backing and modeled an attachment tab. I envisioned the smaller ones being used as zipper pull-tabs and the large one as a luggage ID tag, but I'm sure you all can come up with other applications. :)

Production: Upload to Shapeways. Order. Wait for delivery. ENJOY!

I realize no one asked for these, and they're not exactly as universal as a T-shirt, but I thought they'd be fun. :)

The parts pictured were actually the very first run, I had them shipped direct to Duncan, which gives you an idea of my faith in Shapeways and their penchant for first-time quality.

Want your own? I'm glad you asked! Below are links to the different sizes and bundles.

NOTE! You can get these in a variety of plastic colors, so check that out on the product page.

There are also METAL versions, which should be AWESOME! (I'll be ordering some metal ones for myself soon)

Click here to see all the parts in the DBO Custom Shop on Shapeways

Assorted DBO tags - 5 pieces

Large zipper tag - single

Small zipper tag - single

Luggage tag - single

Small Metal zipper tag - single

Large zipper tag - 4 pieces

Small zipper tag - 4 pieces

Small Metal zipper tag - 4 pieces

Luggage tag - 4 pieces

If you would like more than 4 of any of these, let me know and i can create a custom bundle. You can obviously order multiple pieces, but it's cheaper to bundle them in a single order.

Enjoy!!

~ M7

Merchandising! Merchandising!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 20:39 (3838 days ago) @ Mid7night

For your dog or for your cat!
For your loved one on a hat!
DBO Merchandise Here! . . .

Something Something ... Getting back to work now.

Cool stuff Mid7night. :)

DBO the flame thrower!!!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 20:49 (3838 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

I didn't sound like THAT much a salesman...did I?...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 22:02 (3838 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

...because I suck at sales.

More like a master of the schwartz…

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 22:10 (3838 days ago) @ Mid7night

I was reading you as Yogurt showing off the Spaceballs merchandising.

THAT; I'll take. :D

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 22:38 (3838 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Cool as always sir.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, October 17, 2013, 06:12 (3838 days ago) @ Mid7night

May have to contact you about this kinda stuff in the future. Definitely want to make some augments for some nerf guns, and me not know how 3d work.

Thanks

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Thursday, October 17, 2013, 10:06 (3838 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

I'd be happy to help with your custom Nerf needs, just let me know. ;)

These are pretty neat!

by ncsuDuncan @, Thursday, October 17, 2013, 21:01 (3837 days ago) @ Mid7night

Mid7night surprised me with these and I must say, they're really awesome.

I think I'll use a few as zipper-pulls for the backpack I take to gaming conventions. I'm not sure how well the plastic will hold up in the long run, but it seems strong enough to be useful for a while, at least. (What's the point of having these if you don't use em, right?)

The big tag will find a place on my next PAX lanyard. :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread