I’ve missed the Moon! (Destiny)

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, October 01, 2019, 21:42 (1667 days ago)

Managed to squeeze in the first mission and patrol Archers Line for a couple minutes. Boy it feels good to be back!

+1

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 02, 2019, 05:08 (1667 days ago) @ Oholiab

- No text -

I’ve missed the Moon!

by squidnh3, Wednesday, October 02, 2019, 05:40 (1667 days ago) @ Oholiab

It's fun to be back, it definitely feels/looks a bit different though.

They did a great job.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 02, 2019, 09:02 (1667 days ago) @ Oholiab

It’s a massive hit of nostalgia, but they added enough new areas that it still feels fresh. I like the mechanics of the Nightmare Hunts, too. It’s nice to see the old bosses back, but with a new twist. I am really impressed with how they handled bringing an old D1 area into D2.

The New Light mission was cool to revisit, too. I’d love to see the rest of the Cosmodrome with the new look.

They did a great job.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 02, 2019, 09:36 (1667 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The New Light mission was cool to revisit, too. I’d love to see the rest of the Cosmodrome with the new look.

Did you have to delete a character to play it?

-Disciple

They did a great job.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 02, 2019, 10:09 (1667 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

-Disciple

I don’t know if you have to. I did, but I had a Warlock that hadn’t completed campaigns yet anyway. Someone on reddit said you could access it some other way.

They did a great job.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, October 02, 2019, 10:14 (1667 days ago) @ cheapLEY

-Disciple

I don’t know if you have to. I did, but I had a Warlock that hadn’t completed campaigns yet anyway. Someone on reddit said you could access it some other way.

Nico and I played a mission together that came from a quest - it stuck us in that space, and the first part of the mission had us killing 3 dusk captains. The captains seemed to be triggered by the killing of a walker - and the walker also dropped a chest. Each chest contained one of the items we were all hoping to get (green ghost, khostov, arcadia jump ship).

Nico didn't open all the chests, however, and the stuff (as far as I know) didn't end up in his postmaster... so if you run that mission, and DON'T open the chests, you might not get the items.

Very good to know!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 02, 2019, 10:32 (1667 days ago) @ Claude Errera

-Disciple

Nico and I played a mission together that came from a quest - it stuck us in that space, and the first part of the mission had us killing 3 dusk captains. The captains seemed to be triggered by the killing of a walker - and the walker also dropped a chest. Each chest contained one of the items we were all hoping to get (green ghost, khostov, arcadia jump ship).

Nico didn't open all the chests, however, and the stuff (as far as I know) didn't end up in his postmaster... so if you run that mission, and DON'T open the chests, you might not get the items.

Looks like my Warlock may survive this release...unless I get bored and just decide I really miss my PC Warlock.

-Disciple

Very good to know!

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, October 02, 2019, 13:15 (1667 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

-Disciple

Looks like my Warlock may survive this release...unless I get bored and just decide I really miss my PC Warlock.

-Disciple

It's called 'Risk/Reward', and it's the second step of the Pain and Gain quest.

Very good to know!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 02, 2019, 13:31 (1667 days ago) @ Claude Errera

-Disciple

-Disciple

Ah, cool. I guess I need to knock out a nightfall so I can progress that quest line.

-Disciple

Very good to know!

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, October 02, 2019, 13:36 (1667 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Ah, cool. I guess I need to knock out a nightfall so I can progress that quest line.

Easier than you think; it's the 'Adept' version, which is only 750... and it's got matchmaking. ;)

I’ve missed the Moon!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, October 02, 2019, 09:55 (1667 days ago) @ Oholiab

Memory is an odd thing. If you had asked me September 30th to draw you a map of the Moon from Destiny 1, I don't think I'd be able to do it. Haven't touched D1 since D2 Launch. The moment my digital boots hit the ground and turned the corner, it's like I never left. First thing I did was see how each... "Key Spot" had changed. Went straight to each without much an issue. It was almost kind of nice to find so many "immune" foes along the way. Most of the "Key Spots" appearances are still the same all-n-all, sans the grav/teleport lift for the ship, of course. They also broke the... tram? railgun? ...I never did find out what that thing was. Unfortunately they did a better job blocking it off now. In D1, you can spawn your sparrow on top of it and launch yourself off out of bounds. Like'd to see how far I could get. Guess that's what the tire game is for now.

For the story so far, which I'm not finished with of course, I've had from the very beginning this idea bouncing around in my head. I'm going to link to it, and cover the link to with spoiler, even though it's not a direct spoiler. It's just using something to to describe a feeling of an idea. A wonder of who wrote this story. Nothing concrete or anything, as again, I haven't finished. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is the sort of road they take. After all, if my recollection is correct, Bungie did hire a writer oh... two years ago(?) I want to say, that worked on this linked franchise. Hopefully Bungie can do better in a certain key points of a story. Or just have good presentation of story at all, since the past Destiny offings in-game have been so... anyway.

As it turns out, YES, Moons Haunted. The screaming phantasms are a nice touch, but I expect they'll be getting old in due time. Depending on, of course, what is in store for us when things start to change. The phantasms don't bother me a bit, but I've read off the Destiny Reddits that some have been finding them, when they utter particular phrases, to be right unnerving. Moons Haunted! Having Toland at as a story teller for one of the patrol style missions is a nice touch too.

Aaaand that's what I have for the moment. :)

I’ve missed the Moon!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 02, 2019, 10:13 (1667 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

That’s funny—I had the opposite thing in regards to getting around the moon. I hopped into D1 a few weeks ago and screwed around on the moon. So my memory of the layout is per solid. And yet, when I jumped into Shadowkeep, it took me a good forty minutes to feel like I had my bearings. The new sections are just out of the way enough that wasn’t immediately clear where I was when I entered the familiar spaces.

I’ve missed the Moon!

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, October 02, 2019, 14:13 (1667 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

They also broke the... tram? railgun? ...I never did find out what that thing was.

Railgun. Specifically one for shooting stuff into orbit. This is very obvious with the new section added that you can see from Eris’s landing. If you follow it into the horizon you can distinctly see the end curve up and point at the sky where a payload would exit at a tremendous velocity. The orbit would be eminently calculable so the package could be intercepted. No need for an expensive and heavy propulsion system. Such a thing would be hard on Earth (too much atmosphere and gravity for current tech) but should be very easy in the moon.

I’ve missed the Moon!

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, October 02, 2019, 15:06 (1667 days ago) @ CougRon

One of the Toland patrols in Archer's Line explicitly talks about this, too :)

I found a thing

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, October 02, 2019, 15:11 (1667 days ago) @ Oholiab

In Archer's line in the round building by one of the area chests, there is a statue that looks like the Jade Rabbit rabbit and there was pop-up text that said something like "you don't have the right thing" (Completely going off fuzzy memory from last night, the text indicated I was missing a thing / not holding the right thing / something)

I found a thing

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 02, 2019, 15:38 (1667 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I ran a few campaign missions with Korny last night, after I had already completed it and ended up getting a Rice Cake from something. I assume that’s what that’s for.

Where was the statue? I found one in Sanctuary, but there was no prompt. That was during the weird server issues though. I know there are some more scattered around.

I found a thing

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, October 02, 2019, 15:45 (1667 days ago) @ cheapLEY

OK, So i went to find a map and it turns out there are already web pages showing where all of them are: https://www.gosunoob.com/destiny-2/jade-rabbit-locations-you-lack-something/

Hey Stabbim.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, October 03, 2019, 11:58 (1666 days ago) @ Oholiab

I noticed a good amount of stuff from the original D1 moon is back on D2.

You think that rock is still in its half-assed place? XD

OMG

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, October 03, 2019, 12:54 (1666 days ago) @ Morpheus

I remember when we found that. It was just outside that door all the thrall come out of in one of the first moon story missions, right? The one people used to farm kills for quests? I think I used that door yesterday but I wouldn't have thought to look for the hand.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread