What do I do with my new armor/weapons? (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, October 07, 2019, 14:59 (1634 days ago)

I ask for advice as I am a dumdum.

With armor 2.0 and what seems to be an undetermined power level limit, how long will I collect blue armor and weapons that increase my light level? As I unlock purple weapons, should I vault them? Dismantle them as I get stronger stuff? Upgrade them? It seems to infuse something now you have to use an upgrade box thing...which seems like the exact hated thing with enhancement cores?

What's the best practice here as I'm leveling up and acquired sweet loots?

What do I do with my new armor/weapons?

by cheapLEY @, Monday, October 07, 2019, 16:56 (1634 days ago) @ ManKitten

900 is the soft cap. Don’t worry about infusion at least until you get there. That’s the point you’ll have to start seeking Powerful Engrams.

As for purples, I’ve been vaulting stuff until I figure out rolls and builds.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, October 07, 2019, 17:27 (1634 days ago) @ ManKitten

Vault Purples. All weapons and Armor 2.0 (everything dropped since the 1st) will infuse with duplicates at 1000 Glimmer. So for armor keep the best stat rolls with the affinity you want and boost them up for cheap. Same with weapons.

The big change with infusion is no matter what it is there is a flat cost to do it. You want to put a Rare into an Exotic? It no longer costs more to do it. One set price. And you can get the upgrade boxes without spending materials on them unless you want to. So accumulation is the name up front.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, October 08, 2019, 02:52 (1634 days ago) @ Harmanimus

The stack caps at 25, so do spend them in gear that'll help you if you get close

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, October 08, 2019, 11:52 (1633 days ago) @ ZackDark

Oh, yeah. This. My accumulation comment was about gathering whatever gear might be good or have stats you can work with more than anything. But yeah, if you near your max my suggestion is boosting Exotic Weapons and pulling out and boosting Exotic armor pieces from collections. Because those have the lowest probably of getting fresh drops for 1000 glimmer infusion.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread