GoS Raid Success-ish! (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 14:38 (1626 days ago)

While we did not have time to go and beat the Gardian of Salvation Raid (and get that fancy jacket), we did beat... FINALLY... the Boss you meet at the beginning.

Here is my view of that moment. Note the moment where all of this COULD have turned out VERY differently. Quoting Korny "I don't know how you survived that."

Also... Pretty Pictures! :D

[image][image][image]

[image][image][image]

Rock on!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 16:04 (1626 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

While we did not have time to go and beat the Gardian of Salvation Raid (and get that fancy jacket), we did beat... FINALLY... the Boss you meet at the beginning.

Here is my view of that moment. Note the moment where all of this COULD have turned out VERY differently. Quoting Korny "I don't know how you survived that."

And you got the pulse rifle! Nice!

Also... Pretty Pictures! :D

[image][image][image]

[image][image][image]

This raid is gorgeous. Reaching the top of the wall after that section and seeing the big open space is one of my favorite gaming moments in recent memory.

Disciple

GoS Raid Success-ish!

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 17:27 (1626 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I love this raid so far, but that encounter we finished last night is really great, I think. It's a lot of fun! People were bitching about it, but I love the spinning tunnel of death. It's the perfect addition to that encounter. Kermit's "I got too cocky" moment is fantastic, in my mind. It's a thing that's relatively easy, but still totally possible to screw up, and adds just an extra little bit of pressure every time you jump through it. I love that kind of stuff in intense encounters.

GoS Raid Success-ish!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 12:54 (1626 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I love this raid so far, but that encounter we finished last night is really great, I think. It's a lot of fun! People were bitching about it, but I love the spinning tunnel of death. It's the perfect addition to that encounter. Kermit's "I got too cocky" moment is fantastic, in my mind. It's a thing that's relatively easy, but still totally possible to screw up, and adds just an extra little bit of pressure every time you jump through it. I love that kind of stuff in intense encounters.

Never been known for my jumping skills. On the other hand, it felt like I was falling in the pits less on Sunday night (without burst glide). It felt like when we finally were consistently canceling the death mechanic there was more death by jumping. Honestly, there's nothing worse that feeling like you're the problem and everyone else thinks so too. THAT weight will pull you into the milky pit of death faster than anything.

Anyway, it felt good to beat that encounter. Wish someone had streamed it (and speaking of which), when we were streaming last week, I wish Insane's voice was included).

GoS Raid Success-ish!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 14:01 (1626 days ago) @ Kermit

That feeling sucks, but I suspect you are harder on yourself than anything Kermit. I certainly didn’t mind. I’m really happy with our blind run this time. I had a lot of fun.

I’m torn on the jacket situation. I’m a little bummed we didn’t get it done, but now in hindsight I sort of wish I wasn’t spoiled on the last encounter so we could finish our blind run this weekend.

I’m undecided what I’ll do next raid. I’m either going to go non-blind and really make an effort for the jacket (assuming we’re get a full week again), or I’ll forego the jacket and plan a blind run a few weeks after launch. I love blind raiding, but more and more I sort of want to watch the chase for world first.

FWIW, I went into that room as a Warlock after you left the party. Burst Glide lets you clear that space in a single jump. I know it’s much more difficult with the pressure of actually doing the encounter, having to act quickly while getting shot at. But, you can jump all the way over and land basically at the bottom of the stairs that he sits on top of.

GoS Raid Success-ish!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 15:10 (1625 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That feeling sucks, but I suspect you are harder on yourself than anything Kermit. I certainly didn’t mind. I’m really happy with our blind run this time. I had a lot of fun.

I’m torn on the jacket situation. I’m a little bummed we didn’t get it done, but now in hindsight I sort of wish I wasn’t spoiled on the last encounter so we could finish our blind run this weekend.

I’m undecided what I’ll do next raid. I’m either going to go non-blind and really make an effort for the jacket (assuming we’re get a full week again), or I’ll forego the jacket and plan a blind run a few weeks after launch. I love blind raiding, but more and more I sort of want to watch the chase for world first.

FWIW, I went into that room as a Warlock after you left the party. Burst Glide lets you clear that space in a single jump. I know it’s much more difficult with the pressure of actually doing the encounter, having to act quickly while getting shot at. But, you can jump all the way over and land basically at the bottom of the stairs that he sits on top of.

Yeah, I could do that with strafe, too, and I'm not sure that strafe doesn't give you more horizontal distance and maneuverability, especially in the blocky tunnel where you have to navigate around stuff while gliding. Another strat is that if it's pretty clear, you don't have to fly down there. I shot the eyes as successfully without traversing the tunnels (as long as I was alive :)).

Yay! Congrats!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 21:52 (1626 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread