Garden of Salvation Blind Raid (Part 1) (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 08:20 (1626 days ago)

We stepped into the Garden last night for our first blind run attempt of the week. If anyone cares to watch the blind lead the blind (and/or to laugh at our struggles), here's the vid:

Fireteam:
- Xenos
- Ragashingo
- MacAddict XIV
- Finwe of Noldor (Earendil)
- Nuumie
- Beorn

Nuumie forgot to include his mic in the Party Chat, so you'll just have to pretend that he's talking occasionally.

And goodness gracious, is this place beautiful. I want to just run around and explore with the HUD off.

Garden of Salvation Blind Raid (Part 1)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 09:32 (1626 days ago) @ Beorn

We stepped into the Garden last night for our first blind run attempt of the week. If anyone cares to watch the blind lead the blind (and/or to laugh at our struggles), here's the vid:

Fireteam:
- Xenos
- Ragashingo
- MacAddict XIV
- Finwe of Noldor (Earendil)
- Nuumie
- Beorn

Nuumie forgot to include his mic in the Party Chat, so you'll just have to pretend that he's talking occasionally.

And goodness gracious, is this place beautiful. I want to just run around and explore with the HUD off.

It certainly does win the most beautiful raid award.

Garden of Salvation Blind Raid (Part 1)

by squidnh3, Monday, October 21, 2019, 07:06 (1621 days ago) @ Beorn

For some reason I watched (listened) to this whole video. It's fun seeing how you guys figured stuff out compared to our team. Any Part 2 on the horizon?

Part Deux!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 00:24 (1620 days ago) @ squidnh3

Yes! I forgot to upload it to YouTube… We didn't make as much progress. We kind of hit a DPS wall and struggled trying to figure that out. Unfortunately, we won't be making another attempt this week, and I'm offline for a while, so the crew will have to get back it after folks have leveled a bit.

One hour in....

by squidnh3, Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 10:27 (1620 days ago) @ Beorn

Good grief.

One hour in.... *SP*

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 10:41 (1620 days ago) @ squidnh3

Good grief.

Yeah... we were definitely at a cross roads. We finally figured it out though.

I think the biggest thing we found out (90% sure) was that the boss only lights up on either the outside or the inside of his wings/pedals. So we only have to make 1 call out instead of 3.

Also, I will say that I was able to do the boss part solo although it has to be flawless shooting.

One hour in.... *SP*

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 12:25 (1620 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Good grief.

I think the biggest thing we found out (90% sure) was that the boss only lights up on either the outside or the inside of his wings/pedals. So we only have to make 1 call out instead of 3.

Also, I will say that I was able to do the boss part solo although it has to be flawless shooting.

My theory is that's easier when the call is "inside"--not that I've ever pulled it off either way.

One hour in.... *SP*

by squidnh3, Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 07:07 (1619 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV
edited by squidnh3, Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 07:20

I was actually really impressed how quickly you guys figured out the basic mechanics. I was just bemused by how willing your team was to spend 10 minutes concocting an elaborate strategy after so few attempts (and was worried you would spend the next 2 hours of the video trying to make it work).

Hope you get another shot at it soon!

One hour in.... *SP*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 09:33 (1619 days ago) @ squidnh3

/me patents the Infinite Conga Line™ strategy.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread