Pretty rad wall-mount Replicas (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, October 24, 2019, 09:22 (1638 days ago)

I fell down a bit of a Destiny 2 weapon replica rabbit hole this morning, and I stumbled across DimensionWShop.

They do theses cool, "framed" weapon replicas (they're not complete 3D models... more like 1/2 of a model mounted into a cool frame). The models themselves look significantly more refined and polished than most of the choices out there, and I thought the wall-mount framing was a cool idea. They don't have a huge selection, but I though it was worth sharing.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Pretty rad wall-mount Replicas

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 24, 2019, 09:30 (1638 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Oh man. I wish you hadn’t posted this.

Despite my last post talking about not needing more shit sitting around, this exactly the sort of shit I can totally justify to myself somehow. These look fantastic.

I’ve been really considering buying one or two of the high end replicas floating around, but I’ll have to really consider one of these. That Malfeasance is amazing.

Pretty rad wall-mount Replicas

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, October 24, 2019, 10:08 (1638 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Oh man. I wish you hadn’t posted this.

Despite my last post talking about not needing more shit sitting around, this exactly the sort of shit I can totally justify to myself somehow. These look fantastic.

I’ve been really considering buying one or two of the high end replicas floating around, but I’ll have to really consider one of these. That Malfeasance is amazing.

Right?! I’m pretty tempted by the Not Forgotten and the Hawkmoon. That’s the problem I have with this stuff. Once I get one, I want “the set” :)

They don’t have The Last Word :(

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, October 24, 2019, 11:54 (1638 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

;)

They don’t have The Last Word :(

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, October 24, 2019, 12:03 (1638 days ago) @ Ragashingo

;)

Lol, I actually noticed that and thought of you. Surprising, really... considering how iconic it is.

Smart. Half the work, all the glory.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, October 24, 2019, 12:15 (1638 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Just caved and ordered one of these

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, October 28, 2019, 10:43 (1634 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

After a fair bit of searching, I found these guys:

Black Forge Cosplay

I love the look of their replicas. They make a beautiful looking Not Forgotten, so I went ahead and placed an order.

[image]

Best of all, they'll do custom sizes. Destiny replicas that are true 1:1 scale tend to look a little silly to me (1:1 hand cannons usually end up being 12"-13"... they're huge). But I asked if they'd do one at 80% scale, and they said no problem.

I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Here are some of their other Destiny 2 replicas that caught my eye:

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, October 28, 2019, 12:17 (1634 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Are your images working? I can’t see any of them here. :(

Anyway, the The Last Word and Thorn combo is really neat!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, October 28, 2019, 13:14 (1634 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Are your images working? I can’t see any of them here. :(

Anyway, the The Last Word and Thorn combo is really neat!

Really strange... they were working when I first posted them, but now they’re all broken :(

Still work fine for me.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, October 28, 2019, 13:21 (1634 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Might be a desktop vs mobile thing

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, October 28, 2019, 14:13 (1634 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I just checked again on my desktop (using Firefox) and it looks fine. But on mobile the photos won’t show.

links localized

by Claude Errera @, Monday, October 28, 2019, 15:35 (1634 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm pretty sure the problem was the lack of universal support for .webp, so I converted the images to .jpg (and localized them).

Thank you, sir! :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, October 28, 2019, 16:40 (1633 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Can't wait to hear your thoughts

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, October 28, 2019, 18:45 (1633 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

an 80% Last Word would be amazing!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 28, 2019, 18:50 (1633 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Black Forge Cosplay

I love the look of their replicas. They make a beautiful looking Not Forgotten, so I went ahead and placed an order.

But why do you need the replica? YOU HAVE THE REAL THING!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, October 28, 2019, 19:39 (1633 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Black Forge Cosplay

I want one that Bungie can’t nerf into the ground ;)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 05:28 (1633 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Black Forge Cosplay

Funny story, the last time I said anything like that to myself was when I ordered the Luna’s Howl replica from Bungie. It took about 6 months to arrive, so by the time it shipped Luna’s had been nerfed in-game. When I went to pick up the package, I thought to myself “at least Bungie can’t nerf this one!”.

Then I opened the box.

Somehow, back when I placed my order, I missed the fine print explaining that these replicas were 1/8 scale.

Well played, Bungie.

XD

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 09:30 (1633 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Black Forge Cosplay

Funny story, the last time I said anything like that to myself was when I ordered the Luna’s Howl replica from Bungie. It took about 6 months to arrive, so by the time it shipped Luna’s had been nerfed in-game. When I went to pick up the package, I thought to myself “at least Bungie can’t nerf this one!”.

Then I opened the box.

Somehow, back when I placed my order, I missed the fine print explaining that these replicas were 1/8 scale.

Well played, Bungie.

XD

What is this? A gun for ants?

Lol

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 09:52 (1633 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread