People are playing Momentum Control all wrong... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, November 04, 2019, 11:52 (1632 days ago)

why are they all using guns, when they could be doing this?

Because a single 150 Scout tap to the dome . . .

by Harmanimus @, Monday, November 04, 2019, 12:48 (1632 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

. . . from a mildly observant player would have stopped all that.

People are playing Momentum Control all wrong...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, November 04, 2019, 12:49 (1632 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Because they aren't using guns? I never saw anyone fire at you. I really wish I had games like that...

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, November 04, 2019, 13:00 (1632 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've had a great time using the Throwing Hammer to OHK fools all over the place.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, November 04, 2019, 13:06 (1632 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

As others have pointed out, you have some enviable opponents in that clip. ;)

I'm also really crappy with that melee attack; I miss my target, 95% of the time. (Not sure why I have so much trouble aiming, when it's my whole body... but I do.)

On the other hand, I got my very first Ghost in the Night medal a couple of days ago, because one-shot scouts are pretty frickin' awesome. ;) (Also, if it weren't for Momentum Control, I wouldn't be 150 scout kills away from Randy's.)

All that said... pretty nice work there! :)

by EffortlessFury @, Monday, November 04, 2019, 13:49 (1631 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

What do you have equipped that recharges your melee after each kill?

Insurmountable Skullfort

by Claude Errera @, Monday, November 04, 2019, 14:16 (1631 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

- No text -

/Titan. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, November 04, 2019, 14:37 (1631 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Y’all are haters ;)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, November 04, 2019, 15:07 (1631 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

To everyone saying “nobody shot at you”, you’re missing the point... there’s no radar in this game mode, so as long as you stay way up above them, they won’t even know you’re there! There were some pretty good players on the other team. My team was actually losing until started the whole death from above schtick :)

Believe me, I got blasted out of the air plenty of times when I went up in the wrong place, but once you find some lanes and angles where you can avoid distant site lines, it became a truly viable strategy. Wouldn’t recommend it on every map, though.

Y’all are haters ;)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, November 04, 2019, 15:34 (1631 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

To everyone saying “nobody shot at you”, you’re missing the point... there’s no radar in this game mode, so as long as you stay way up above them, they won’t even know you’re there! There were some pretty good players on the other team. My team was actually losing until started the whole death from above schtick :)

Believe me, I got blasted out of the air plenty of times when I went up in the wrong place, but once you find some lanes and angles where you can avoid distant site lines, it became a truly viable strategy. Wouldn’t recommend it on every map, though.

Apparently none of your opponents have seen any thriller/horror action movies before! The bad guy is ALWAYS above you. Shame on them.

Lol

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, November 04, 2019, 16:00 (1631 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Y’all are haters ;)

by Harmanimus @, Monday, November 04, 2019, 16:01 (1631 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Audio still exists. The kill feed still exists. And if they would have taken half a second to get their bearings instead of running up the stairs they would have seen the last guy who died there. It was a good streak but it wasn’t against people who were pulling pro-gamer moves. (And melee is actually super strong in the mode, cloaked Hunters can do work)

Momentum Control Sidenote.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, November 04, 2019, 23:04 (1631 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

This post is about Bows in Momentum Control. (All of which tested with Oathkeeper.)

I would like to express how sad I am that, as far as I can tell, Wish-Ender, at minimum does not Body One Shot in this mode. This thing should rack em up and slather Guardians in BBQ, but nah. Trinity Ghoul - WHICH SHOULD BE AMAZING (even without the buff this mode gives) still only tickles, perk or not. Le Monarque... doesn't one shot body either, but boy does it feel amazing to use. It's so good. Anyway, ya got to go for the head for the one shot.

It's just a bummer.

Momentum Control Sidenote.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, November 05, 2019, 02:05 (1631 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I mean, they're all Primary ammo bows. Thank God they don't one-shot. :p

(And yeah, Trinity Ghoul is so weird. It also sucks in Gambit, despite making no sense.)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread