I broke everything (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, November 14, 2019, 11:48 (1622 days ago)

Was out of town for a few days.

Came back, a client needed a feature that wasn't supported on the server that also hosts DBO.

I upgraded the OS last night, without really having my head back in the game.

I broke everything.

Spent the last 12 hours fixing what I broke.

Going to bed.

Bad Admin. Bad.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, November 14, 2019, 11:51 (1622 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Accidentally

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, November 14, 2019, 11:53 (1622 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The whole thing.

Thanks for your repair efforts, though. All-nighters suck, unplanned all-nighters especially.

Hi EVERYONE! Long time no see! :P

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, November 14, 2019, 12:00 (1622 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

<3

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, November 14, 2019, 13:36 (1622 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

1 Like awarded from Cody Miller

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, November 14, 2019, 14:30 (1622 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

Only one?

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, November 14, 2019, 15:59 (1622 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You gotta hammer on that touchpad until the meter runs out.

Only one?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, November 15, 2019, 12:32 (1621 days ago) @ cheapLEY

You gotta hammer on that touchpad until the meter runs out.

Updoots on the forum when, Claude?

Thanks for fixing everything.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, November 14, 2019, 15:29 (1622 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

We <3 Our Hard-Working Webmaster

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, November 14, 2019, 16:42 (1621 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[image]

He wouldn't have to work hard...

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, November 14, 2019, 16:47 (1621 days ago) @ Morpheus

...if he didn't screw things up in the first place. :(

Hey, We All Make Mistakes.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, November 14, 2019, 17:18 (1621 days ago) @ Claude Errera

One time I got my leg trapped between a delivery truck and a loading dock and cut my tibia straight down the middle.

To date, no woman has found it sexy, contrary to popular belief of scars. ;-)

<3

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, November 14, 2019, 18:39 (1621 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Thanks for the dedication, Wu. Sorry you had to lose some sleep for us...

<3

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, November 14, 2019, 22:56 (1621 days ago) @ ZackDark

Thanks for the dedication, Wu. Sorry you had to lose some sleep for us...

He didn't have to lose sleep for us, that's how we know he's a good guy.

Thanks Claude!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, November 15, 2019, 06:26 (1621 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Rest up. You've fought the good fight.

and, you fixed everything

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, November 15, 2019, 06:42 (1621 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Was out of town for a few days.

Came back, a client needed a feature that wasn't supported on the server that also hosts DBO.

I upgraded the OS last night, without really having my head back in the game.

I broke everything.

Spent the last 12 hours fixing what I broke.

Going to bed.

Thank you so much for everything you do mate.

I broke everything

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, November 15, 2019, 06:50 (1621 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[image]

You "Pulled a Kitten"

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, November 15, 2019, 07:55 (1621 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Once at work we were building a new website in Wordpress (outside my scope of expertise.) Once the structure was complete, it just came to adding the content. So I added many many pages under my profile. Unbeknownst to me, I also had an admin profile. Thinking I had somehow made two profiles, I deleted the other...thus deleting all of the content that was created under that profile...which apparently was most of the structure of the site.

I basically deleted the whole site that had just been created over the past few days.

I was not a popular person that day.

(For those reading this thinking "This story doesn't make sense." I agree with you. I didn't understand then and I don't understand it now, but it happened.)

Software is a wondrous beast if tamed correctly

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, November 15, 2019, 08:32 (1621 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

And that, my friends, is why backups are important.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, November 15, 2019, 10:00 (1621 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread