I need to kill 40+ terrors tonight. Possible? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:34 (1593 days ago)

I hope so, with your help.

I think this will be the first time I've gotten every triumph for a seasonal event.

I need to kill 40+ terrors tonight. Possible?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, November 18, 2019, 10:43 (1593 days ago) @ Kermit

I hope so, with your help.

I think this will be the first time I've gotten every triumph for a seasonal event.

More than possible. Just average ten per run, and you'll knock it out in four runs, or about two hours. I'd try to get an extra half hour for wiggle room, since the bosses sometimes botch your plan (that stupid tree).

AVERAGE 10 per run?

by Claude Errera @, Monday, November 18, 2019, 11:46 (1593 days ago) @ Korny

I don't suck at this game, but I've never managed to clear more than 8 branches in a run. You want Kerm to AVERAGE 10?

That seems insane.

(The general answer - 'yes, you can clear 40 in a night' - is correct.. .but it's way more than 4 runs.)

AVERAGE 10 per run?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, November 18, 2019, 12:14 (1593 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I don't suck at this game, but I've never managed to clear more than 8 branches in a run. You want Kerm to AVERAGE 10?

That seems insane.

(The general answer - 'yes, you can clear 40 in a night' - is correct.. .but it's way more than 4 runs.)

Korny forgets what life is like for us mere mortals.

AVERAGE 10 per run?

by Claude Errera @, Monday, November 18, 2019, 12:53 (1593 days ago) @ Kermit

That seems insane.

Korny forgets what life is like for us mere mortals.

There's a pinnacle reward for clearing 9 branches; I don't know a lot of people who've earned it. 10 is even further out there.

I need to kill 40+ terrors tonight. Possible?

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, November 18, 2019, 12:16 (1593 days ago) @ Korny

Why are your 4 runs taking 2 hours? Do you really average an extra 15 minutes per run?

NFL would like a word with you

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, November 18, 2019, 19:09 (1592 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

- No text -

I read that as terrorists.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, November 18, 2019, 13:03 (1593 days ago) @ Kermit

I thought you were turning into John McClain.

LOL!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, November 18, 2019, 14:16 (1593 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'll take that a compliment.

If You Start Now!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, November 18, 2019, 14:29 (1593 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Thanks for all who helped...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 10:34 (1592 days ago) @ Kermit

and yes, I definitively proved that even Korny's backpack isn't big enough to carry me through 9 branches.

To 8? Easy! To 9? RNG Shenanigans!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 10:40 (1592 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

by squidnh3, Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 10:45 (1592 days ago) @ Kermit

and yes, I definitively proved that even Korny's backpack isn't big enough to carry me through 9 branches.

I should have just stayed on, for whatever reason I felt like I was running through the Haunted Forest all night in my dreams. Not very restful!

Spooky.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 10:59 (1592 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 11:33 (1592 days ago) @ squidnh3

I should have just stayed on, for whatever reason I felt like I was running through the Haunted Forest all night in my dreams. Not very restful!

I hear you! For the record, it took me ~3.5 hours to get my 46 terrors killed. (I knew I had over 40 to go when I made this thread.) Unless we started over, my games with DBOers routinely completed 8 branches. My games with blueberries averaged 4-5.

Seems like every time we had a particularly fast branch, we get one with few enemies, or I'd fall off. Sigh.

Kerm

by squidnh3, Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 12:06 (1592 days ago) @ Kermit

I hear you! For the record, it took me ~3.5 hours to get my 46 terrors killed. (I knew I had over 40 to go when I made this thread.) Unless we started over, my games with DBOers routinely completed 8 branches. My games with blueberries averaged 4-5.

If you are at all concerned with the Undying title, you might want to start working on that a little earlier than the night before reset (haha) to avoid a more unpleasant experience. My recommendation: don't be concerned with the Undying title.

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 13:12 (1592 days ago) @ squidnh3

I got 3 Undying Mind kills and that’s that. Planning.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 14:11 (1592 days ago) @ Harmanimus

You got the ship from the Altar of Sorrow Triumph?

Edit: Now that I think about it, is that required for Undying, or is it for one of the other titles?

It’s the Master Nightfall ship for Undying.

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 15:39 (1592 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread