Beneath Venus, Evil Stirs (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, November 23, 2019, 14:21 (1588 days ago)

On November 29th, it will be exactly 5 years since the DBO PS4 crew completed a month-long grind to finish the Vault of Glass without a single death. Many a November night ended with the cursing of Disappearing Platforms, Praetorians, Supplicants, and bugs (Oh MAN, the bugs!), but we finally pushed through, one squadmate short no less!

This is without a doubt my favourite memory from Destiny. I can’t thank any of you who participated during that month enough for that. Especially Cody, who kicked the whole thing off.

As DBO’s resident retro raider, I’m commemorating this anniversary by hosting an FTB event whereby any and all who want to join me in running through Level 26 VoG are welcome during next Friday and Saturday, as many times as people are willing.

I know most people won’t have level appropriate gear, so to spice things up I came up with some thematically-appropriate record-book challenges that would replicate some of the feats the flawless five accomplished in our final run (except that last one, obviously):

[image]
(Click to Big-ify)

There’s even a special prize for the guardian who completes the most- nothing fancy, just enough to make it worth your while.

If anyone has a preferred time, let me know in the FTB event.

See you starside.

P.S. A second big thanks to Cody for capturing 5(?!) unique Dinklebot "Guardian Down" sound bites :D

Beneath Venus, Evil Stirs

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, November 23, 2019, 14:36 (1587 days ago) @ CyberKN

Oh I can definitely help with the Cruel Legacy memorial challenge :-p

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, November 24, 2019, 20:13 (1586 days ago) @ CyberKN

If there's one for the Xbox, I'll happily join. Especially on Star Formation, I've been wanting to follow in Kabr's footsteps for years.

This is awesome :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, November 25, 2019, 10:20 (1586 days ago) @ CyberKN

I’ll try to clear some time so I can commit to joining in :)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, November 25, 2019, 12:33 (1586 days ago) @ CyberKN

Say what you will about D1, but it evoked mystery like nobody's business--especially in the Vault of Glass. Your trailer captured that.

Wasn't part of the original crew (of course), but I'll take a seat unless one of the regulars from the flawless team wants it. That will guarantee non-flawless.

I just now realized it's Thanksgiving weekend in the US.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, November 28, 2019, 18:05 (1582 days ago) @ CyberKN

I should probably postpone this until more people aren't away visiting family, huh?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread