Season of Dawn Trailer (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 10:07 (1599 days ago)
edited by bluerunner, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 10:17

I'm digging this armor set. If you look through the seasonal rewards, the finisher shown in the trailer is at rank 10.
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/SeasonofDawn

:)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 10:16 (1599 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Season of Dawn Trailer

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 10:36 (1599 days ago) @ bluerunner

Diggin' Saint's vibe.

But to be fair, how couldn't I?

Season of Dawn? No. Season of TITANS!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 10:48 (1599 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

What are the stakes? We need something more.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 10:53 (1599 days ago) @ bluerunner

This is something that’s been discussed, but it hit me particularly hard for some reason.

So the Cabal want to undo our victory in the Red War. But that won’t happen. I could ignore this season and we i play again in a few months, nothing would be any different. There are still no actual stakes, no ramifications for our actions or non-actions.

This season we were tasked with gathering Vex components to build the gate. But that didn’t matter. Gate progress wasn’t actually tied to how many parts we gathered, it was completely arbitrary. Everyone could have collectively stopped killing Vex altogether, and the gate would have been built week by week still.

I desperately want to see community goals come to Destiny. I want failure to be a real possibility beyond just on the individual level. Put a massive challenge in front of us, with the real possibility that it might not be something we complete. What would happen if those Psion Flayers actually achieve their goals?

Maybe I’m asking to much, for the community to be able to dictate so much of the story. But it feels necessary to get anything in Destiny to feel like it matters. I certainly haven’t killed the Undying Mind. But it’s fine, someone else took care of it.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 11:05 (1599 days ago) @ cheapLEY

This is something that’s been discussed, but it hit me particularly hard for some reason.

So the Cabal want to undo our victory in the Red War. But that won’t happen. I could ignore this season and we i play again in a few months, nothing would be any different. There are still no actual stakes, no ramifications for our actions or non-actions.

This season we were tasked with gathering Vex components to build the gate. But that didn’t matter. Gate progress wasn’t actually tied to how many parts we gathered, it was completely arbitrary. Everyone could have collectively stopped killing Vex altogether, and the gate would have been built week by week still.

I desperately want to see community goals come to Destiny. I want failure to be a real possibility beyond just on the individual level. Put a massive challenge in front of us, with the real possibility that it might not be something we complete. What would happen if those Psion Flayers actually achieve their goals?

Maybe I’m asking to much, for the community to be able to dictate so much of the story. But it feels necessary to get anything in Destiny to feel like it matters. I certainly haven’t killed the Undying Mind. But it’s fine, someone else took care of it.

I agree, but I also don't mind it. Makes it easier to step away from Destiny. I get a few weeks in, play some fresh content, step away, play other games. I know I've heard of this concept before in other games, but at present moment I'm drawing a blank. What other games use such a system? I want to say EVE, but I'm not too sure.

This

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 11:15 (1599 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 11:17 (1599 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Warframe did, at one point. It still does some of what I’m talking about on a smaller scale with its clan system, where all the members can contribute resources to unlock rare blueprints for gear and items (or even just unique paint colors).

I appreciate the stepping away aspect, but the nature of the way seasons work already negate that. If you miss a season, you can’t just go back and do it later. So why not let something have a real impact?

I’m also of the kind that failure is more interesting. What if we hadn’t gathered enough Vex components by the end of the season, and now the Undying Mind is doing some bad shit because we didn’t stop him.

What if the Psions win, and now we have to live in the reality (if even only briefly) where we lost the Red War?

Again, I realize that it might just be asking for too much, for Bungie to have to plan for two contingencies based on whether we succeed or fail a season, but it doesn’t even necessarily have to be on some massive scale. I just want to see some real stakes, with the real possibility of failure on the community scale. My Guardian hasn’t finished the newest raid (hell, she never killed Riven), but the game still moves forward like she did. Stuff like that can’t necessarily change, but setting community goals that the players might fail with real consequences could go a long way.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 11:50 (1599 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Warframe did, at one point. It still does some of what I’m talking about on a smaller scale with its clan system, where all the members can contribute resources to unlock rare blueprints for gear and items (or even just unique paint colors).

See last comment.

I appreciate the stepping away aspect, but the nature of the way seasons work already negate that. If you miss a season, you can’t just go back and do it later. So why not let something have a real impact?

I'm not getting the "Undying" Title. Part of the reason is because I stepped away to play other things. Once this season ends, that's it. I can't get it. The ability to earn it is gone. Bummer, but it's ok.

If it was some Story based thing though... OH MAN. Don't want to miss that! Plus I want to see what the Artisans at Bungie made! Even though the results were unfortunately not the same for all, I got the same(ish) visceral thrill from the Vex "suddenly"invading the moon, as I might have from something that actually had some story contingency bite.

Real impact is more than one thing, and in a very real way, I'm kind of glad there isn't more impact (as stated).

I’m also of the kind that failure is more interesting. What if we hadn’t gathered enough Vex components by the end of the season, and now the Undying Mind is doing some bad shit because we didn’t stop him.

What if the Psions win, and now we have to live in the reality (if even only briefly) where we lost the Red War?

Again, I realize that it might just be asking for too much, for Bungie to have to plan for two contingencies based on whether we succeed or fail a season, but it doesn’t even necessarily have to be on some massive scale. I just want to see some real stakes, with the real possibility of failure on the community scale. My Guardian hasn’t finished the newest raid (hell, she never killed Riven), but the game still moves forward like she did. Stuff like that can’t necessarily change, but setting community goals that the players might fail with real consequences could go a long way.

So... Community Events?

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 13:20 (1599 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So... Community Events?

Yeah, exactly that, except not as a half-assed one off that happened once in five years.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 11:18 (1599 days ago) @ cheapLEY

On the bright side, it’s nice to see the in-game story actually progress from season to season. This may be the closest to “by doing this you caused that” we’ve gotten so far in Destiny. Crota to Oryx was sorta this... but had too much separation. The rest of the storylines just kinda arrived on their own. I’d rather have the illusion of involvement than complete disconnects season to season.

That, and it seems a bit self-defeating / wasteful to design content and story paths for the people who aren’t playing your game...

Also: Saint-14. :)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 13:36 (1599 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I desperately want to see community goals come to Destiny.

Been building roads in Death Stranding? :-p

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 13:45 (1599 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Destiny with half of the sense of community in the game as Death Stranding could be incredible.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 14:27 (1598 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Take a drive on the highway from South Knott to Mountain Knott without boosting sometime. It's quite nice.

Looks cool!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 11:14 (1599 days ago) @ bluerunner

Didn’t think we’d get more Osiris for a while, so this is nice! Also, looks like there’s just enough to do to keep me busy without making me drop all other games.

Season of Dawn Trailer - Site Images.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 11:31 (1599 days ago) @ bluerunner

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/SeasonOfDawn

Season Pass

[image]
[image]

So... is it just me, or does it look like this Hand Cannon has Two Barrels?

[image]

I presume this is the Symmetry Pulse that we'll be getting hands on to in a week.

Everyone Gets*

[image]
[image]

BOOOOOOORING! Which, by the way, is a fancy way of saying Wu is going to like this. ;P

*May Or May Not Include Shown Weapons.

????

[image]
[image]

A very Subtle TRON look.

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 12:31 (1599 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

That looks like an Auto and Symmetry is a Scout not a pulse. And judging by past case (last season) and the way it is presented, that’s an Exotic Auto Rifle and an Exotic Sidearm to go with the Scout.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, December 04, 2019, 08:39 (1598 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Correction, apparently not an auto but a fusion.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 13:02 (1599 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]
[image]

BOOOOOOORING! Which, by the way, is a fancy way of saying Wu is going to like this. ;P

YOU ARE NOT WRONG

LOL

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 16:28 (1598 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Bungie may finally get some of my money

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 13:24 (1599 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Looks cool!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 14:30 (1598 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread