Glad that Title Update is still ruining Halo Reach (Destiny)

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Friday, December 06, 2019, 23:07 (1596 days ago)

Glad I didn't pay for this port

Reach wasn't even good to start with

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Saturday, December 07, 2019, 03:50 (1595 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

- No text -

^ The most wrong post on the entire internet.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, December 07, 2019, 05:01 (1595 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

Halo > ODST > Halo 3 > Halo 2 > Reach > The Rest

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Saturday, December 07, 2019, 07:58 (1595 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Reach > Halo > Halo:ODST > Halo 3 > Halo 2

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, December 07, 2019, 15:14 (1595 days ago) @ someotherguy

Based on feature set. Reach's campaign was like a greatest hits of Halo before the MCC was thought of. Lone Wolf was an amazing farewell level. From the easter eggs to the fully mature Theater Mode, it all came together.

Halo 2 > Halo > Halo 3 > Reach > ODST

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, December 07, 2019, 15:25 (1595 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Snipe, is that you?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, December 07, 2019, 16:56 (1595 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Reach > Halo 3 > ODST > Halo > Halo 2

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, December 07, 2019, 18:15 (1595 days ago) @ Kermit

That’s based on campaigns only. Halo 2 would be much higher based on its multiplayer alone, Reach would be much lower just based on the fact that I didn’t play much of its multiplayer and can’t really judge it very accurately.

I’d have to really think about where 343i’s Halos fit in there. They’re much more of a mixed bag, but I love a lot about both of their games.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Saturday, December 07, 2019, 18:50 (1595 days ago) @ Kermit

Based on feature set. Reach's campaign was like a greatest hits of Halo before the MCC was thought of. Lone Wolf was an amazing farewell level. From the easter eggs to the fully mature Theater Mode, it all came together.

Who the heck ranks games on feature set?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, December 09, 2019, 08:12 (1593 days ago) @ narcogen

Who the heck ranks games on feature set?

I got excited because based on your subject line I thought you were agreeing with my ranking. Depends on what you call a feature I guess--perhaps I should have said something like "complete package." If I had to take one Halo game on a deserted island, Reach would be it. That's why it's my favorite.

Don't agree or disagree, but...

by squidnh3, Monday, December 09, 2019, 08:47 (1593 days ago) @ Kermit

If I had to take one Halo game on a deserted island, Reach would be it. That's why it's my favorite.

Rockslider continues to make a pretty compelling case for Halo 1 as a deserted island game.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, December 09, 2019, 10:47 (1593 days ago) @ squidnh3

If I had to take one Halo game on a deserted island, Reach would be it. That's why it's my favorite.

Rockslider continues to make a pretty compelling case for Halo 1 as a deserted island game.

Indeed! The PAL version anyway.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 09, 2019, 11:13 (1593 days ago) @ squidnh3

Nah he’d spend all his time trying to launch to the top of the deserted island irl.

Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric: "Am I a joke to you?"

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, December 07, 2019, 09:39 (1595 days ago) @ cheapLEY

While I enjoyed Reach, it was a big-ass 14 hour Xanax. The motion blur and camo Sword Elites didn't help much either. Or the stupid-ass way the 3rd person camera was set up in Theater Mode.

L

by CommanderCartman, Redmond, WA and Jeddah, SA, Sunday, December 08, 2019, 12:49 (1594 days ago) @ someotherguy

Reach was amazing to start with. I'm sorry that's a big L opinion.

IMHO All Bungie Halo games are fabulous.

Pre-title update reach was fantastic

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Sunday, December 08, 2019, 19:34 (1594 days ago) @ CommanderCartman

- No text -

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, December 08, 2019, 22:55 (1594 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

TU isn't as bad as I remember, but yeah, stuff like Bleedthrough, no clashing against sword, no precision weapon fire rate checks, all feel out of balance given how Bungie developed the Sandbox with everything working a certain way. Still, the game is a great time, and encounters hardly ever feel unfair, poop spawns aside. Highly recommended.

The only thing that really sucks for me is that the only path towards unlocking the gear is grinding out Multiplayer, or spending hours in the mindless tedium of Firefight. No challenges or way to pick and choose what you want. Just a lame, linear unlock system that gives you pointless unlock tokens to spend on the next unlock tier.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, December 09, 2019, 08:08 (1593 days ago) @ Korny

TU isn't as bad as I remember, but yeah, stuff like Bleedthrough, no clashing against sword, no precision weapon fire rate checks, all feel out of balance given how Bungie developed the Sandbox with everything working a certain way. Still, the game is a great time, and encounters hardly ever feel unfair, poop spawns aside. Highly recommended.

The only thing that really sucks for me is that the only path towards unlocking the gear is grinding out Multiplayer, or spending hours in the mindless tedium of Firefight. No challenges or way to pick and choose what you want. Just a lame, linear unlock system that gives you pointless unlock tokens to spend on the next unlock tier.

Yeah, because of this I won't haz recon. It bums me out every cutscene.

I have to get to 87 to have my Reach Armor again.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, December 09, 2019, 11:07 (1593 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread